The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Desertfox

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:22 AM
Reaction score
Tinted the windows, got the front windshield protection film done, the windshield is nearly vertical so easy to be chipped in case of a stone strike. Next on the cards, Clear Paint protection film (PPF) under the step guards. Matte Pearl white wrap, Cat back sport exhaust once 2000km completed, checked with dealer warranty will not be void! Pioneer subwoofer, JBL speakers! Ahh, electric retracting side steps ordered ! Bead locker wheels 17 inch nd 22 inch for on road with low profile tyres (during summer months). So far this IS the plan.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:22 AM
Reaction score
Today we had the 2nd driven hunt.. different sector. cold close to freezing and a little bit of snow in the air. Ole the Grenadier did again a famous job. There is a large meadow what was soaking wet. My senior colleague who was in charge today (instructing all hunters and acting as "range officer" warned not to go with their vehicles on that meadow. .. Most of them obeyed but one with a Hyunday terracan knew better as the senior and as a result got stuck. He digged himself into ground to main body and needed to be towed .. by a Suzuki Jimny :ROFLMAO: that managed to tow it out.. But the Jimny driver was on a gravel road and a long recovery rope. I parked at the rim of that meadow and there was a lot of mud... In preparation of mud immediately I set transfer case on L but center locked only.. reverse.. - and yeah power + KO2 managed the Grenadier out of this.. - The guys standing around looking how Ole managed out of mud however were not amused. Ole passed a bit of his brownish make up on the bystanders.
Monday Ole need to see a quick pressure shower.
Lessons learned by looking at another poor chap.
Obey the instructions, in particular if the tyres are insufficent for mud. And that guy is an experienced hunter and claimed to be a good off roader. Now he made himself the laughing stock. The Terracan had classic winter tyres mounted. not really a good idea on mud.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:22 PM
Reaction score
Ordered a cargo box hoist to clear up some room in the garage since my wife says it's an inside car. 😂

Also ordered some L track fittings and a proclip dash mount so I can have MagSafe charging on the dash.

Boise

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:22 PM
Reaction score
I fully agree with Krabby. I hope Mossy Ineos Grenadier in San Diego sees what you are doing and tries to come up with a similar program.

Jeff
We are planning lots of Grenadier owner events for in the future so if you can't get an adventure at delivery you could always come join us later on!

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:22 PM
Reaction score
Today I took the car for its first proper run to stretch its legs and get some distance under the belt.

The TPMS was very handy to monitor reinflating the tyres up from 18 psi.

I got the vehicle back from the dealer two days ago after a radiator coolant hose failure - will post separately about that later on.

Attachments

• IMG_0808.jpeg
    IMG_0808.jpeg
    255.1 KB · Views: 71

Boise

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:22 PM
Reaction score
Today I took the car for its first proper run to stretch its legs and get some distance under the belt.

The TPMS was very handy to monitor reinflating the tyres up from 18 psi.

I got the vehicle back from the dealer two days ago after a radiator coolant hose failure - will post separately about that later on.

Being able to monitor pressure and temps on the tires is such a useful tool. When I was airing up in the freezing cold I could just sit in the warm car and watch the pressures until they were almost full and then jump out and switch to the next tire.
Being able to monitor tire temps while aired down is a game changer too.

Last edited:

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:22 AM
Reaction score
Drove down to Wales yesterday with a mate, then met up with Modified jeeps uk and another jeep to drive strata florida today. Great day out on the lanes! Grenadier performed well, had to lock the rear diff to drive one obstacle on the same line as the jeeps on 37s. The attached video is the bomb hole, which I drove both ways, kissing the belly slightly, didn't need to give it that much, but a classic defender had got wedged on his towbar shortly before!

Attachments

• VID_284520308_005442_244.mp4
    6.4 MB
  • IMG_20231126_211553_717.jpg
    IMG_20231126_211553_717.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 20231126_140927.jpg
    20231126_140927.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 85

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Drove down to Wales yesterday with a mate, then met up with Modified jeeps uk and another jeep to drive strata florida today. Great day out on the lanes! Grenadier performed well, had to lock the rear diff to drive one obstacle on the same line as the jeeps on 37s. The attached video is the bomb hole, which I drove both ways, kissing the belly slightly, didn't need to give it that much, but a classic defender had got wedged on his towbar shortly before!
Great work. ✅ By the way, don't listen to the chap giving you advice on the video. 🙂

Local time
10:22 PM
Reaction score
1. Went to the tip , twice
2. Installed my Gator rear view camera setup. Bloody great quality!
3. Installed the George Winch shackle. I got it on special with a few nice extra freebies, including a shirt and quality small canvas bag that wasn't in the listed pack.
If you could do a write up on the install, that would be greatly appreciated

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
If you could do a write up on the install, that would be greatly appreciated
Re the camera, I've only done the one on the rear bumper. I haven't connected it to the reversing wire.
Ran the wires in corrugated conduit behind the sunvisor down the A pillar and then (not in conduit as there's not enough room) carefully under the floor outer plastic trim - easily removed. Then ran along into the cargo area (more conduit for the exposed wire) next to my drawer on that side.
As the car came will only be used occasionally I ran the cable across the rear door bottom seal as it has plenty of give.
I attached the small camera to the licence plate surround using tiny bolts , not double sided tape. I left the short pigtail outside in conduit with a plug (pen top) taped over to keep dirt out.
When I get around to the other wire for the caravan camera (van is on order) I will look at running the wiring out under the car somewhere.
When you activate the camera it remains on for a variable set period , up to a minute whilst driving forwards.

Back
Top Bottom