The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

US Gas Mileage

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:35 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone seen a the widow sticker with the EPA Mileage for the vehicle? Know the demo vehicles are just arriving into the US.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:35 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone seen a the widow sticker with the EPA Mileage for the vehicle? Know the demo vehicles are just arriving into the US.
Demo vehicles don't have window stickers as they aren't full production specimens... In Episode 4 of the podcast, Greg Clark did mention that sometime this month they were expecting to publish the EPA fuel economy ratings

ADVer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:35 AM
Reaction score
@Krabby @Stu_Barnes , did I hear Greg on the podcast say he was seeing 19-23 on some of his drives? Wishful thinking? Optimal circumstances?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Krabby @Stu_Barnes , did I hear Greg on the podcast say he was seeing 19-23 on some of his drives? Wishful thinking? Optimal circumstances?
Another Ineos employee with a demo vehicle has reported getting 17-20mpg on highway drives themselves over the few thousand miles since getting the vehicle

I'm sure 23MPG would be some seriously optimal circumstances, but real world numbers of 16-18mpg combined don't seem too far fetched

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think the 18-23 was what folks in UK were seeing - but those are higher than US ratings
Greg Clark definitely mentioned achieving 23MPG on a long highway drive stateside

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score
16mpg (US), maybe towards 17, on both city and highway.
up to 19mpg when travelling more at optimum speed, around 80-90 km/h.
thats with a mostly gentle foot (but not hypermile-ing), low load, no racks, and no mountain ranges to speak of (although plenty of undulations) And over months. That is also using our low spec fuel, with 10% ethanol at our rating 91 and 94 ron (US ron ratings different). Using 98 ron probably did show some improvement, but not enough to justify current 15% cost premium.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Went for another test drive at Mossy in Houston, because why not! The first time it had 600 miles. This time it had over 1800 miles. AVG was 17.2mpg. This is in Houston with crazy traffic and they’re next to I10 where you’re flooring it pretty good to get going and merge. My LR Discovery TD6 with KO2s on it does 22mpg avg.

very comparable cost of mpg.

ADVer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:35 AM
Reaction score
Now that we’ve had some US deliveries of MY24 production models, any gas mileage updates per the Monroney sticker (i.e. EPA rating) or real life? (Although it may still be too early for anyone to have any significant miles driven on their new rigs).

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:35 PM
Reaction score
Now that we’ve had some US deliveries of MY24 production models, any gas mileage updates per the Monroney sticker (i.e. EPA rating) or real life? (Although it may still be too early for anyone to have any significant miles driven on their new rigs).
Have not seen the EPA numbers yet - though with all the vehicles arriving in the US - that cannot last for much longer. I expect the gas mileage to be frankly awful - 14 is what I am hearing from many sources. The EU and other areas do not use the US equivalent gallon size as the US - so cant use that as a guide.

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:35 PM
Reaction score
Went for another test drive at Mossy in Houston, because why not! The first time it had 600 miles. This time it had over 1800 miles. AVG was 17.2mpg. This is in Houston with crazy traffic and they’re next to I10 where you’re flooring it pretty good to get going and merge. My LR Discovery TD6 with KO2s on it does 22mpg avg.

very comparable cost of mpg.
Very similar to situation at Knauz' TM we drove. It was avg 19 (ish) mpg. Not bad considering is shaped like a brick, with "offroad" tires. The dealer is also right next to an expressway (everyone does about +15mph over) and they are just outside Chicago. If hit traffic, that will killl mpg real quick

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For anyone fortunate enough to have their truck, could you post a photo of the Monroney window sticker?

Back
Top Bottom