The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas United States Shipping Information (After the Fact)

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:05 PM
Reaction score
might want to do a search on 'insurance' as a few of us have posted on this with widely ranging pricing. I had same issue with it being so new, the insurance company not having any reference data to use (used weight, type of vehicle, etc)
Go to the NTHSB Vin Decoder, run the VIN through then save the PDF.
This will show all the specs, vehicle type, weight, alarm, immobilzer etc

Forward that PDF to your agent and they should be able to get a quote.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:05 PM
Reaction score
Everybody rent a new Subaru for a week, we have a special name for our Ascent. This may help prepare new Grenadier owners as she constantly is providing feedback on our driving style.
I drove my wife's Ascent today to get the windshield replaced. Bing Bong beep beep beep beep beep every time I even got close to the line, or stopped at a traffic light and the vehicle in front of you goes. Ding! Very obnoxious.

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:05 PM
Reaction score
Mine hit the dealership lot yesterday, after port arrival on 11/6. Ordered with trailer hitch.
Per dealer - Still waiting on the roof rack and awning to arrive. Other accessories already here.
That's great news! Which dealer? Mine also arrived at port on the 6th with the trailer hitch.

GrumpyBastard

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As this is/was the shipping thread… just happened to be driving by Red Noland, and there’s two semi trucks offloading Gren’s right now. Sadly, mine does not appear to be one of them… but it was a quick drive by, I’ll go snoop harder later.

coloradosnow

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:05 PM
Reaction score
As this is/was the shipping thread… just happened to be driving by Red Noland, and there’s two semi trucks offloading Gren’s right now. Sadly, mine does not appear to be one of them… but it was a quick drive by, I’ll go snoop harder later.
Wonderful! i know mine has been charged to Red Noland by Ineos, so is getting closer to arrival at the dealership. Don't think is one of these first trucks though. Thanks for sharing

Local time
Reaction score
Hi YellowLab, Your right, I'll head into Pasadena to pick her up and celebrate by having a ribeye with a whiskey and dessert at Paul Martin's American Grill in Westlake....DaBull
Just curious, I've ordered mine from the dealer in SLC but the shipment comes into LA? If that's the case, can one pick it up there and possibly save the destination charge?

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Just curious, I've ordered mine from the dealer in SLC but the shipment comes into LA? If that's the case, can one pick it up there and possibly save the destination charge?
With airfare to LA, fuel costs, food, hotel, and the value of your time, you won't be really saving much of the destination charge.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Still gotta pay for the boat ride over.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Still have to go through a dealer too.

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There is a posting on Facebook page that a Stop Sell hold is in place today on IG with the Factory Red Winch/Auxillary Switch panel. Has anyone received notice of this?

Sekurt

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m aware as mine is also being held back for an apparent “pinched” wire with the winch and of course the trailer hitch debacle

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m aware as mine is also being held back for an apparent “pinched” wire with the winch and of course the trailer hitch debacle
Well they say bad news comes in threes. So that should be the end of bad news.
1) trailer
2) clicking and dinging issues
3) winch and panel issues

BTW, has anyone heard from Ineos if they are considering a software update to address the clicking/dinging over the speed limit?

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There is a posting on Facebook page that a Stop Sell hold is in place today on IG with the Factory Red Winch/Auxillary Switch panel. Has anyone received notice of this?
Thanks for this post. I’m not a Facebook user. Would it be possible for you to elaborate on the notice?

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for this post. I’m not a Facebook user. Would it be possible for you to elaborate on the notice?
copied

Kevin N Hall

·

Sooooo.….to add to the Tow Pack woes, it appears that there is a stop sell order on vehicles equipped with Factory Red Winch/Auxillary Switch panel - one or both…I’m unclear - because of a possible wiring issue.
Mine is a TM and has evidently been sitting at Port since it’s arrival on 10/7. Had to postpone my trip out west to pick it up and do the Hard Way Home this week.
Has anyone taken delivery of one with the Factory Winch to-date?
And speaking of Tow Packs…I’ve seen conflicting info/posts on whether any configured with it have taken delivery. I received the same ‘we are sorry’ here is your $800 credit for the inconvenience e-mail - but no updates since…
So - has anyone in the group received theirs with the tow pack removed and factory rear cover fitted?
Going to be a wonderful vehicle when I do get it, but seems like a hazing process to get one that has two critical options at roughly $4900 in cost.
And don’t get me started on ISA/ADAS…