The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas United States Shipping Information (After the Fact)

GrumpyBastard

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:35 AM
Reaction score
got the word that mine has been invoiced to the dealer… “delivery by the end of the year.” I hope/suspect it will be sooner than that!

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I spoke with my dealer today (RDS) and was able to confirm the following:

1. 8 Grens that were discharged on 11/16 from Baltimore are on their way to RDS.
2. They're in the middle of coordinating transport for the others that have been discharged.
3. I should be able to pick my IG up next month...in weeks as I was told.
4. For financing, in addition to Santander, other options will include: BoA, JP Morgan...and the other escapes me. Dang it.
I could be 1 of 8. Depends on that trailer hitch issue.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:35 PM
Reaction score
Someone posted elsewhere that they received a letter from Ineos saying that the vehicle will be delivered real soon, but the owner will not be able to tow until the fix is applied. So, looks like the tow 'issue' will not slow the deliveries.

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:35 PM
Reaction score
Someone posted elsewhere that they received a letter from Ineos saying that the vehicle will be delivered real soon, but the owner will not be able to tow until the fix is applied. So, looks like the tow 'issue' will not slow the deliveries.
It is delaying as they are taking tow mount off at theport and shipping non tow package vehicle first.

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:35 AM
Reaction score
Ok, mine was spec’d with the hitch.
Mine has the hitch and I received the email yesterday. My interpretation from the email was that delivery to dealer would not be delayed, just that the tow function would be disabled. But I guess it makes sense that the first batches to dealer (Mossy in Houston in my case) wouldn’t include the units with hitches. I haven’t yet spoken to Mossy. It is a head scratcher to me that the tow light issue would be a software problem. It kind of makes you question the whole “analog/mechanical vs digital” concept. I do think providing a credit for the option cost is fair, but in my case it will take an extra day out of my life for the fix (3 hour drive each way from Austin to Houston and I assume a couple hours for the fix).

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine has the hitch and I received the email yesterday. My interpretation from the email was that delivery to dealer would not be delayed, just that the tow function would be disabled. But I guess it makes sense that the first batches to dealer (Mossy in Houston in my case) wouldn’t include the units with hitches. I haven’t yet spoken to Mossy. It is a head scratcher to me that the tow light issue would be a software problem. It kind of makes you question the whole “analog/mechanical vs digital” concept. I do think providing a credit for the option cost is fair, but in my case it will take an extra day out of my life for the fix (3 hour drive each way from Austin to Houston and I assume a couple hours for the fix).
One consideration you might want to explore, how many IGs are there in your area? If there are more than a couple, and I am going to do this with our dealer as we have several in Nashville, would they consider coming to your area and updating all the IGs in your vicinity instead of each of you driving back to them.

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
One consideration you might want to explore, how many IGs are there in your area? If there are more than a couple, and I am going to do this with our dealer as we have several in Nashville, would they consider coming to your area and updating all the IGs in your vicinity instead of each of you driving back to them.
Good thought!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

tlw

Local time
Reaction score
Was told on Thursday that my vehicle is at the dealer in Atlanta. They are waiting on software from Ineos that allows them to do their final checks.
The dealer stated that I could get it as early as Friday (today) or Saturday.

pauldulin

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Was told on Thursday that my vehicle is at the dealer in Atlanta. They are waiting on software from Ineos that allows them to do their final checks.
The dealer stated that I could get it as early as Friday (today) or Saturday.
Curious if you selected the trailer hitch?

Local time
Reaction score
I was informed that my G delivery will be delayed 2-8 weeks because of the hitch glitch. RDS has 36 non-hitch vehicles that will take priority in the delivery process, so no Christmas present for me!:cry:
Has your IG already arrived in the US?

Local time
Reaction score
I was informed that my G delivery will be delayed 2-8 weeks because of the hitch glitch. RDS has 36 non-hitch vehicles that will take priority in the delivery process, so no Christmas present for me!:cry:
Seems strange. The information was that they would release the vehicles with a cover plate and do the install afterwards (the 6-8 weeks was the timeframe for the final "fix" but the vehicles should be released way before that). Just need a PDI by the dealer (1-2 days, max)