The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas United States Shipping Information (After the Fact)

Local time
10:38 PM
Reaction score
Looks like the vessel has been discharged from the port yesterday, so I assume my truck was unloaded...?

1700599203117.png

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:38 AM
Reaction score
Thank you, this is awesome! Now I will start harassing my dealer!
Go for it! Tragically "we" are not the dealers YET "we" know more than most! Look forward to hearing about your experiences with Dealer and your "G". My "G"irl arrived Brunswick on the 19. Perhaps a BIG Christmas present. Or a BIG start to the New Year ! ☺️

Local time
Reaction score
RDS Automotive in PA. Michael is my POC; called today and left a message for one of his colleagues since he's on vacation. Just a tad antsy perhaps? lol
Let us know if you get any idea from them in terms of order coming from the port. I am in the same boat literally, discharge in Baltimore on the 16th.

bazooka tooth

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Let us know if you get any idea from them in terms of order coming from the port. I am in the same boat literally, discharge in Baltimore on the 16th.
I'll put in another call to RDS today. I believe Michael is back from vacation on Monday, Jake(?) is stepping in to help I believe. Either way I'll see what I can find out.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
So, just off the phone with Greg Clark, there is an email going out to everyone who has optioned the tow package.

Basically,

The vehicles with the tow package will be delayed while the hitch is removed.
There will be a blanking plate installed which is the same as the vehicles which do not have the tow package, also there is a sticker, which is a regulatory thing.
When the software fix (its a light issue for the trailer) is issued then customers will be asked to return and have the hitch replaced by their dealer.
This should be sometime in January.

As a sweetener, those that opted for a tow package will have the package value deducted from their overall purchase price. Effectively it will be a free option.

At the moment only vehicles without the tow package are being sent out to dealers, tow package vehicles will follow.

The work is being carried out by IA engineers at the ports of landing before being shipped to the respective dealer.

If I find out more then I'll let you all know.

Stu.

Sekurt

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Here’s the email:

Your Grenadier has arrived in the US, and has passed all the initial quality checks, which is great news. Unfortunately, we’ve been advised of an electrical issue with the towing feature, which means you’ll temporarily be unable to tow with your Grenadier.

In short, the issue affects the proper and safe operation of trailer lights. A fix is expected within the next few weeks, and we’re developing a plan, together with our dealers, to update each Grenadier and restore full operation of the towing feature.

Otherwise, your Grenadier is good to go. And because we don’t want to delay delivery, we’ll release your Grenadier to your delivering dealer as soon as possible. But with an important caveat – you won’t be able to tow until the fix has been implemented.

We appreciate this is far from ideal and we apologize for this. To help make up for the inconvenience, we’ll provide the towing feature to you free-of-charge and will coordinate with your dealer to ensure it’s enabled as quickly as possible.

Your dealer will contact you when your Grenadier is ready to collect. And then, subsequently, when you should bring your vehicle in for the towing update. They’ll only need a couple of hours to take care of it.

bazooka tooth

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I spoke with my dealer today (RDS) and was able to confirm the following:

1. 8 Grens that were discharged on 11/16 from Baltimore are on their way to RDS.
2. They're in the middle of coordinating transport for the others that have been discharged.
3. I should be able to pick my IG up next month...in weeks as I was told.
4. For financing, in addition to Santander, other options will include: BoA, JP Morgan...and the other escapes me. Dang it.