The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Group Buy Transfer Case Cable Bracket: Group Buy for US Members

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:56 AM
Reaction score
Please add me as well!

Local time
12:56 PM
Reaction score
Greeting All,

Many reports of Transfer Case Cables coming loose from the OEM bracket and rubbing against the driveshaft have been reported (In several cases leading to failure of the cables requiring replacement)

An aftermarket solution to this problem has emerged for those of us who live in the United States!

I am going to be initiating a group buy of these TRANSFER CASE CABLE BRACKETS. I have sourced a set of 20 from the manufacturer and will be collecting a list of 19 others who would like to take advantage (I am buying the first one ;))

My hope in doing this is to see how popular of an item these might be. If they prove to be a hot commodity, it might be possible to get these on the forum store.

You will need to source two bolts to affix the two pieces together (The manufacturer told me they used 316SS M4x12mm bolt and nyloc nut). The rest uses existing bolts and grommets.

View attachment 7858921
View attachment 7858922
View attachment 7858923

This is what your OEM Bracket looks like :

View attachment 7858924

And here is mine installed (without the two bolts) to assure fitment:

View attachment 7858925
View attachment 7858926
View attachment 7858927

General Disclaimer:

*I am not making money off the sale of these, I am paying for my own and I am selling these at cost (Rounded up to the nearest dollar)
**Payments will be due prior to shipping
***All sales final
****Will be sent out in Two batches (First 9 then Last 10) unless all slots fill quickly

Those who have already expressed interest: @DaBull , @Tom109

Please Reply in this thread to express your interest in being put on the list to purchase

Cost Shipped to your door-Lower 48 only (USPS): $45.00
Hawaii & Alaska will be little extra to ship

Form of Payment: Currently I can only accept Venmo or PayPal (Once your name is added to the list I will send you a PM with my Venmo & PayPal ID)

1) @NoMoTaco
2) @Bruce
3) @Krabby
4) @UncleBuck
5) @Asnes
6) @j3t3r
7) @CountyV8 (UK)
8) @AUDIOBUS
9) @Colorado
10) @anand
11) @DaBull
12) @Sillius Soddus
13) @Tom109
14) @saltydog188
15) @SonnyC
16) @QRgren
17) @MTNDOG
18) @Brandtnm
19) @Thom_worldwide
20) @crashnburn
*Logsplitter Gifted a Bracket Outside this Batch

Those Interested in Another Run
21) @Wyoman
22) @Peterr
23) @bbq4133
24) @Ovrland Bill
25) @Tally
26) @AZGrenadier
27) @BenTN
28) @jayson1011
29) @DaneJa
30) @TXJOHN
31) @74CampySuperRecord
32) @grnamin
33) @parb
34) @GN4HIR
35) @IslandFalconer
36) @gtank
37) @Lemon35
38) @Onefin
39) @Texas Grenadier
40) @grenexplorer
41) @Dagger22
42) @MickyWadds
43) @nmoeder
44) @RJCali
45) @wolftimj
46) @Kevin Mokracek
47) @mccasksl
48) @255/85
49) @Skrambo
50) @[ Adam ]
51) @Grey Wolf (UK)
52) @tmarr
53) @Trialmaster (UK)
54) @Mena2
55) @RobS
56) @JSDKMS!
57) @Monty
58) @grenadierguy
59) @ethree
60) @Mountain4x4
61) @GrenADV
62) @LWA55DAL
63) @outono
64) @PNW_IG
65) @TahoeGren
66) @IG_in_AZ
67) @ADVAW8S
68)
69)
70)
Add me in when the next run goes.

saltydog188

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:56 PM
Reaction score
Installed mine today. Perfect fit. 10 minute job, 5 minutes of which was sorting through my tool bad to find my 4mm Allen wrench :)
As Asnes said, VERY quick and easy install. (My biggest issue was I kept dropping the Nylock nuts... they bounce and roll pretty good on concrete...😁)
That said, I'm not sure how necessary they are on recent builds -- I had to forcefully pull the cables down to swap out the brackets and barely had enough clearance. The cables seem to be secured very well both ahead of behind the bracket and (at least on my Gren) so: a) I can't imagine them dropping out of the existing bracket, and b) even if they did come loose, I don't think they'd sag enough to hit anything. (Maybe Ineos recognized this s a potential problem and addressed it....)
All that said, the additional security eases any concerns...

TahoeGren

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:56 AM
Reaction score
That said, I'm not sure how necessary they are on recent builds -- I had to forcefully pull the cables down to swap out the brackets and barely had enough clearance. The cables seem to be secured very well both ahead of behind the bracket and (at least on my Gren) so: a) I can't imagine them dropping out of the existing bracket, and b) even if they did come loose, I don't think they'd sag enough to hit anything. (Maybe Ineos recognized this s a potential problem and addressed it....)
All that said, the additional security eases any concerns...
Yeah, I checked the bracket and grommets on mine and they are quite secure. Maybe something has changed, but the new bracket offered here will make sure they can’t pop off. I assume the two parts can be bolted together.

Here’s how the cable and OE bracket look on my Grenadier:
IMG_0429.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom