The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Had a chance to drive a Quartermaster today.

Local time
6:12 PM
Reaction score
Went into my local Cairns dealership to view a Quartermaster today, as I heard there was one in the showroom. Having placed my order 2 months ago having never seen one, was curious to see one in the flesh. Turns out they have 2, and was handed the keys for a drive. Have to say it seemed to drive better than the wagon I drove back in May. This one is a diesel, and the one I drove perviously was the petrol version. Only drove around town, but it handled this small country town with ease. Michelle's comment was it felt like our old BMW X5, and I have to admit it felt similar. Especially since it uses the same motor and transmission. I think she is happy it does not drive like my 2005 TD5 Defender. The cabin seemed quieter than the wagon also. Upon startup, the AC compressor was squealing a bit, and I thought it was the power steering pump, but turning off the AC stopped the noise. It did quiet down within a minute. My feeling was new belts, and only 400 k's on the odo.
Will hate to see my Defender go, having owned it since new, and we have formed a love, hate relationship. Just need a better tow vehicle, that the Mrs is happy with also.
Only 4-5 months to wait for mine now (I hope).

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:12 PM
Reaction score
My money is on @ADVAW8S having an aneurism through excitement before he actually gets it. I can’t wait for a few more here to be QM owners, you Yanks and Aussie boys certainly have the room for them, more so than us European guys.

Will be interested to see how you guys fair with them over the Wagon.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Coming from the land of taxes, I feel your pain. We pay tax (GST - goods and service tax) on a tax! Fuel excise tax every time we fuel up.

Hold on a minute, stop moaning about fuel prices, I saw an Aussie Arvos video just days ago and there was a petrol station shown, I converted the prices and it worked out to around 98p/litre for petrol. On average the UK price is around £1.45 !!

Now who is getting taxed more ?? 😀

@Mountain4x4 - so how many chickens do you have to pay as tax on a Grenny then. Do they have to be fresh or can you pay in frozen chickens ?? 😂 (I did see an explanation on the Yanks fascination with charging tax on chickens the other day..interesting)

• Haha
Reactions: Max

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Memory just popped up on my Facebook account this morning.
8 Years ago today I put my ute up for sale
Now my wife tells me she needs another ute so she can do some gardening and landscaping around the shed and yard.
Now how can I afford a Quartermaster cab chassis????
View attachment 7862123View attachment 7862124
View attachment 7862125View attachment 7862126
I would love one but my wife thinks the trailer is just fine and she is right...BUT!
I bought the trailer 14 years ago and said to the trailer builder I only wanted to buy one trailer, it is galvanized and have only replaced bearings, leaf spring fittings and the floor...It is only a 7x4ft but carries heaps...I have old Landy steelies on her and will look a changing over to Grens in time (y)

Attachments

• Trailer.jpg
    Trailer.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 9

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:12 AM
Reaction score
I would love one but my wife thinks the trailer is just fine and she is right...BUT!
I bought the trailer 14 years ago and said to the trailer builder I only wanted to buy one trailer, it is galvanized and have only replaced bearings, leaf spring fittings and the floor...It is only a 7x4ft but carries heaps...I have old Landy steelies on her and will look a changing over to Grens in time (y)
Just buy a QM and tell the wife, the trailer and Grenadier had a terrible accident. You were backing up and hit a wall. The force was so great that the trailer got pushed I to the Grenadier. What is crazy is the wall had touch up paint for the Grenadier and it spilled all over the trailer. Guess we need to keep the grenadier trailer and go out and buy a new Grenadier.

• Haha

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:12 AM
Reaction score
So your the one that replaces bearings and springs.
If I had a dollar for every trailer I have seen on the side of the road with broken springs or wheel hanging off I would be rich.
Then if you add in the caravans and boat trailers that receive zero maintenance.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So your the one that replaces bearings and springs.
If I had a dollar for every trailer I have seen on the side of the road with broken springs or wheel hanging off I would be rich.
Then if you add in the caravans and boat trailers that receive zero maintenance.
By the look of your flooring in the Beast you don't need a QM either...these Trialmasters are a bit too good (y)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
By the look of your flooring in the Beast you don't need a QM either...these Trialmasters are a bit too good (y)
I think I might fit some drawers which bring the floor up level with the seats when they are folded.
I can make good use of a couple of draws or a draw and a slide out table/tray.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think I might fit some drawers which bring the floor up level with the seats when they are folded.
I can make good use of a couple of draws or a draw and a slide out table/tray.

Just buy a good well made trailer. Cheaper to register and insure, and you don’t need to worry about chucking all sorts of shit in it, gravel, dirt, rubbish, rocks yadda yadda yadda. And you’ve even got a big arsed shed to stick it in. 😉

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Hold on a minute, stop moaning about fuel prices, I saw an Aussie Arvos video just days ago and there was a petrol station shown, I converted the prices and it worked out to around 98p/litre for petrol. On average the UK price is around £1.45 !!
The problem for Australians who don't live in Tasmania is they have to burn 50-100L of fuel each time they escape humankind . It gets expensive.
In Europe you just know there is no privacy , and the only way to get remote is on foot or via helicopter.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just buy a good well made trailer. Cheaper to register and insure, and you don’t need to worry about chucking all sorts of shit in it, gravel, dirt, rubbish, rocks yadda yadda yadda. And you’ve even got a big arsed shed to stick it in. 😉
Neighbour has one I can borrow.
He also has a boat and he brought in some great snapper today that we had for dinner.
Last week it was blue swimmer crabs.
Neighbour up the road gave us 5 kgs of prawns.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The problem for Australians who don't live in Tasmania is they have to burn 50-100L of fuel each time they escape humankind . It gets expensive.
In Europe you just know there is no privacy , and the only way to get remote is on foot or via helicopter.
When we lived there we were constantly getting neighbours dropping in with food.
One night at about 8pm it was below zero and foggy.
Knock at the door and a young bloke with a rifle over his shoulder and dubious parentage wanted to know if we wanted to buy some fresh rabbits off him.
Gutted and skinned.
He only wanted $2 for a pair but I gave him $5 and hoped he didn't want to come in.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
When we lived there we were constantly getting neighbours dropping in with food.
One night at about 8pm it was below zero and foggy.
Knock at the door and a young bloke with a rifle over his shoulder and dubious parentage wanted to know if we wanted to buy some fresh rabbits off him.
Gutted and skinned.
He only wanted $2 for a pair but I gave him $5 and hoped he didn't want to come in.
Yeah but you lived in Launceston. Par for the course there , still!
I've currently got a rabbit that I'm feeding Pindone.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah but you lived in Launceston. Par for the course there , still!
I've currently got a rabbit that I'm feeding Pindone.
Actually we were renting the Aberdeen Abbey at the time and it was bloody freezing.
We installed a wood heater and this flu to try to warm it up.
Glass of water on the bedside table would freeze over during the night.

1720003034562.png1720003141810.png

Back
Top Bottom