The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Holy Grail (it’s finally here pt1)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:00 PM
Reaction score
For the ones thinking it’s a bit thin, we’ll it’s allegedly printed on microfiche, so the onboard parts manual and technical maintenance manual will be much appreciated.
I'm reminded of bomber crew in WWII. Lining of jackets being maps of Europe, etc. I wonder if you're stuck in the bush and have left your manual at home then it's printed in full on the reverse of the headlining?

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
BTW If you need an encyclopedia britannica sized manual .. ?
no a manual should be as short as possible and the vehicle should be self explaining.
You've not familiar with Army Equipment Support Publications (AESP).
Now we just need a pdf version.
Most importantly a searchable version.

@Halliwell Jones Chester ~ were you a journalist in another life? Breaking all the big stories in Grenadierland. 👏

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:00 AM
Reaction score
Thanks Steve
And it didn’t take long for someone to pinch your pics and put them on FB 🤨

Oh, and we’ll have to stop calling it a glove box and start calling it a manual box, cause once it’s in there nothing else will fit. 😂

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes I find that annoying too. especially as it's a contributor on this forum, and not for the first time.
I have found my posts on FB several times.
One guy argued that the poster had made some mistakes and I pointed out that the picture was from the vehicle that was doing the rounds in Australia for test drives.
He still argued and I had to point out that I was the one who took the original picture

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:00 PM
Reaction score
I believe that it would not be a bad move on the part of INEOS to send the manual to whoever signed the contract, even simply as a pdf. Browsing through it and getting ready would still be a way to kill time and imagine that things are evolving. It is not a joke, but a reasonable requirement.

BTW, thanks Steve

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I believe that it would not be a bad move on the part of INEOS to send the manual to whoever signed the contract, even simply as a pdf. Browsing through it and getting ready would still be a way to kill time and imagine that things are evolving. It is not a joke, but a reasonable requirement.

BTW, thanks Steve
Just put it on the website for downloading

Local time
Reaction score
I'm reminded of bomber crew in WWII. Lining of jackets being maps of Europe, etc. I wonder if you're stuck in the bush and have left your manual at home then it's printed in full on the reverse of the headlining?
I have a compass in my tunic button?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
1:00 PM
Reaction score
Thanks Steve
And it didn’t take long for someone to pinch your pics and put them on FB 🤨

Oh, and we’ll have to stop calling it a glove box and start calling it a manual box, cause once it’s in there nothing else will fit. 😂
And I imagine the source was not referenced, very similar to the portals.....

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks to @Halliwell Jones Chester for these first pictures of "The Manual" and @DCPU for a simplified but very correct version of the manual.

If @Stu_Barnes has to give a special badge to the best "dealer", you certainly deserve that!

In fact, I hope also that "WE" the first sponsors and subscribers or let's say the buyers of the first two years (something like that) of this magnificent car (I hope so) will be the only one to get that special user manual with early drawings and history of the birth of the car.
That would also be a way to reward us for the faith we had in the project!

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
I don't mind the pictures being taken/used. At the end of the day whether you're on this forum, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok we're all enthusiasts for the Grenadier.

We're all excited for the first deliveries to start soon and if a small thing like the owners manual help with the wait then I'm completely fine with it. Even though I've seen customer vehicles, seeing the manual for the first time gave me another boost and I wanted to share with you all as you may have not seen it before.

We don't have long to go now guys and girls, it's nearly ready 🤜🤛

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:00 PM
Reaction score
Here is a suggestion, if you are posting something on the forum and you don't want it taken put a watermark on the photo. It's a pain but it will reduce ppl claiming it's there's.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you, Steve!

I like the graphic pages very much. Maybe, this will be the manual which will be sold on Ebay in 30 years for some hundred bucks of todays currencies.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Of course , when out on the track and with no reading glasses to be found I shall carry a backup, in large font, maybe even Gothic.
This is a leather bound ledger cover from the century before last , had it for 37 years but has never been repurposed.
Could be goatskin , definitely not horse.
The only issue is I will have to significantly enlarge the glovebox?. Suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_0058.JPG
    IMG_0058.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom