The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Holy Grail (it’s finally here pt1)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:38 AM
Reaction score
That's it. Going forward I think that the only forum members that should be able to mention RH footwell, are those that actually now own a Grenadier. That is have the keys in their possession. 🙈
I just signed the contract again , so I'm getting closer to enjoying that status!
In the meantime, RH

MarkusN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:38 AM
Reaction score
So after months of speculation, here is your owners manual! Very nice too.

I have an idea for INEOS.
It would be nice if INEOS could send the handbook in advance to all those who have signed the contract, as a sign and a treat to those who are waiting.

:unsure:;):)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
None of them are particularly large, especially the Silver Shaddows
That's a pity. I'll have to stuff it somewhere in my Grosser instead

Attachments

• 1969-mercedes-benz-600-presidential-landaulet-interior-photo-415893-s-1280x782.jpg
    1969-mercedes-benz-600-presidential-landaulet-interior-photo-415893-s-1280x782.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 59

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So when does a red blooded male ever look at a handbook. Just bought a new car and of course it's stayed in the glovebox.
Ah but this is different.
This is more of a hard cover deluxe edition coffee table book. Designed to live in your home so you can flip through it during the times that you’re not driving your Ineos, and wishing that you were.

😉

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
Ah but this is different.
This is more of a hard cover deluxe edition coffee table book. Designed to live in your home so you can flip through it during the times that you’re not driving your Ineos, and wishing that you were.

😉
Exactly it looks too good to get smudged with oily fingers. I think a working edition will be needed for the glove box 👍🏼

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:38 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Looking at the state of my LR manuals, I'll need one for best. (Unless the Grenadier is the paragon of virtue I'm hoping for!)

A big reason I sold the LR110CSW was my wife was fed up with pushing the bloody thing when it decided to be "difficult"! Like refusing to start on the Channel tunnel and having to be push started once we got back to England.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
Looking at the state of my LR manuals, I'll need one for best. (Unless the Grenadier is the paragon of virtue I'm hoping for!)

A big reason I sold the LR110CSW was my wife was fed up with pushing the bloody thing when it decided to be "difficult"! Like refusing to start on the Channel tunnel and having to be push started once we got back to England.
To be fair I never had a problem with my defender but low mileage and very well serviced. I just needed something more comfortable with an automatic box, and defender prices are so high it did not take much of a decision to jump on board with the Grenadier project.The 5yr unlimited mileage warranty on the Grenadier is also hugely appealing

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:38 AM
Reaction score

25 years ago I drove a VW Golf 1 Cabriolet with a 1,6 liter 72 hp motor. It had to be push started from time to time, but as it has been so light (under a ton) you could do it more or less with a drink I the other hand.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It doesn’t have to be thick if your user base isn’t twits…. No need for “Don’t drink the battery” and a lack of electronic gear simplifies things.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I am really looking forward to having my Grenadier.

To be fair to my LR110CSW, it was new in 1989, had a hard life for 17 years and about 145k miles. I bought it in 2006 and ran it hard for a few years, taking it off the road at 190k in 2008 for a rebuild and back on the road in 2011. It then did a further 200k in my hands until I sold it in August 2022. For a good 8 years after the rebuild it was dependable, but the poor quality of many replacement parts meant it started getting flaky. The new owner has pulled it apart,
painted it and is very happy.

(The blue LR110 is as sold, after 10+ years and 200,000 miles post rebuild, the heritage green and limestone is as repainted by the new owner).

LR110 - 1 (2).jpegLR110 - 2.jpegLR110 - 1 (1).jpeg

Back
Top Bottom