The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Grenadier Wave

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:12 PM
Reaction score
wiggles GIF

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:12 AM
Reaction score
Wrong way round especially on D day
The Winston Churchill version is the one I use. But I think the Guy I gave the V to in his Grenadier last week as I passed in my Skoda didn’t get the gist of it. If I was in my Grenadier he may have understood. Ah well made me laugh but he may have been a bit pissed off 🤔😂😂

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wrong way round especially on D day
Churchill showed it both ways, knowing well the "up yours" connotations to palm-side in. That's what makes it awesome and it allegedly inspired in the grille's subtle "V" design.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Winston Churchill version is the one I use. But I think the Guy I gave the V to in his Grenadier last week as I passed in my Skoda didn’t get the gist of it. If I was in my Grenadier he may have understood. Ah well made me laugh but he may have been a bit pissed off 🤔😂😂
Let's see you do that in Glasgow west end and come out without any pick handle dents in the door 🤭

Snipewench

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:12 PM
Reaction score
On my delivery trip down from the GC to Sydney via inland, I came across one other Gren on Tuesday, travelling north near Armidale. As I drove my Amarok up to the GC on Sunday, I passed a Gren (either white or mushroom) towing a Cub camper, near Raymond Terrace.

As I was filling up at Taree Service Centre, an old guy came up and had a chat - he'd never seen a Gren before, and wondered if it was a Landrover. I suppose I better get used to such conversations...

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:12 PM
Reaction score
On my delivery trip down from the GC to Sydney via inland, I came across one other Gren on Tuesday, travelling north near Armidale. As I drove my Amarok up to the GC on Sunday, I passed a Gren (either white or mushroom) towing a Cub camper, near Raymond Terrace.

As I was filling up at Taree Service Centre, an old guy came up and had a chat - he'd never seen a Gren before, and wondered if it was a Landrover. I suppose I better get used to such conversations...
Absolutely.... have just completed the trek north from Brisbane to Cairns...every fuel stop/pit stop/coffee stop... "lotza" interest and lotza questions 😊

Reactions: Max

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am still having the odd Old Defender driver giving acknowledgment but I have also heard someone say in passing by, while parked that it is a Chinese ripoff [GWM Tank]. The funniest wave is the G Wagon Boys, are they thinking that they are waving to one of their comrades? :ROFLMAO:

I am still a Series II owner and a member of the Land Rovers Owners Club which accepts all 4X4 vehicles. Most of the owners are Old Defender boys but at the last meeting one of the Discovery lads was adamant that we hold the Land Rover company as the holy grail, he was allowed to finish his rant without too many cheers. There are two Grens and two New Defenders in the club and between the two, the Defenders get plenty of looks but the Grens get the questions which is understandable.(y)

In my opinion, I feel that Land Rover created an Icon with the original badged vehicle that stayed with us until the Disco hit the ground, a wave of silence, the old girl was still in the fray, but for how long and the rest is history.;)

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:12 PM
Reaction score
I have only ever seen one, we tooted at each other a couple times... and I may have waved vigorously. :LOL:

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I always raise a hand to old Defender and Series drivers and any Grenadier drivers I’ve seen, but only when in either the Grenadier or a Landy. I’ve discovered that it never works in a Citroën, I am at a loss to understand why.

IGL

GG #2697
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:12 AM
Reaction score
Yesterday a new Ford Bronco came up to me and we waved each other at the same time. Several drivers of "old Defenders" waved at me. I think it's more of a "brothers in mind"-thing and not dependent on a particular make or model. :unsure:

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I passed one coming the other way in France recently, I got flashed lights, hazards on and a wave.. I guess he hasn’t seen many…

BD1

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:12 PM
Reaction score
I had a Jeep guy wave at me yesterday. I waved back. I think when coming straight on the Grenadier with the round lights looks a bit like the Jeep, especially if you are not familiar with the Grenadier.

Reactions: Max

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday a new Ford Bronco came up to me and we waved each other at the same time. Several drivers of "old Defenders" waved at me. I think it's more of a "brothers in mind"-thing and not dependent on a particular make or model. :unsure:
Brothers in Mind...exactly, emax and I have stated the same when riding motorbikes most riders acknowledge each other, not the brand so much and then there are the Harley lads:love:

Reactions: IGL

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had a guy in a Porsche Cayenne follow alongside me for a half mile or so then passed me with a big smile on his face.
My Daughter had the Cayenne named "Pepper" of course and I loved driving it but now she owns the last model of the Old Defenders and a new wave. I like driving it also, to me it has a calm and relaxed mode about it. :love:

Attachments

• IMG_4147.jpg
    IMG_4147.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom