The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

The Grenadier Wave

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:47 PM
Reaction score
I’ll let you know soon what the first reaction I get when I stick two fingers up at the first other Grenadier driver I see 🤔. My vehicle should be at the dealers tomorrow then allowing another week for PDI and accessories. I guess if they get angry or chase me then they are not on this forum and are excused their ignorance 😂. You never know it might catch on although the victory sign rather than the up yours may be more palatable to more sensitive folk.

Last edited:

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
11:47 PM
Reaction score
I have no doubt that Grenadier owners will start take to waving to each other on the road similar to the Defender owners. We might as well inherit that tradition.

The question is, should we also wave to Defenders on the road noting their linkage the Grenadier?
That’s what the toot button is really meant for.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:47 PM
Reaction score
LR drivers get the farmer wave (one finger up off the steering wheel) and:
If they're a respectable individual, a polite head nod
If they're a "bro or hoonigan", they get the chin up "yo"
If they're someone you're attracted to, well, use your own judgement!

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I like the side on, left handed gangster V with a bit of a wave thrown in. That's the one for me :cool:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ll be happy and not offended which ever way Grenadier drivers wave their two fingers at me. ✌🏼
Or the Spock "live long and prosper" V sign.
I'm sure I've seen someone on this forum with that emoji

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:47 PM
Reaction score
Back in 2004, a song was released that started with peace up A town down. You did the peace symbol but then flipped your hand down to make A. I am not saying this is the wave, I am saying that Usher had a premonition. Imagine the reaction you would get from a group of Gen X and millennials if all of a sudden they saw you guys doing the Peace Up/Atown Down wave

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if any intended "wave" might now be supplanted by a myriad of electrical beeps, buzzing, hums and bops!...

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I run a Grenadier and a proper Defender, a 2005 TD5 90.
There have been a few comments on the etiquette of waving/acknowledging old Defenders. I would like to see this practice becoming the norm, both vehicles are proper off roaders and I reckon that we all have much in common.
From now, I will be waving/acknowledging all proper old Defenders as well of course the Grenadiers!
Anyone else agree?
Regards,
John

Local time
5:47 AM
Reaction score
Not really. It's a Defender wave, not a Grenadier.

I have a 2012 90 and I won't be waving at anyone if I'm not in it or another Defender.

I've been reading this forums with interest since I pre-ordered 10 months ago, but cancelling and ordering
a Cyber Truck instead.

I wish Grenadier owners all the best, if I was to make one observation here, I'm not sure I've seen a forum so full of entitled people and I'd rather remain associated with the Defender crew. It seems the Grenadier needs a special owner.

I do hope the vehicle comes good, but it's simply not worth the risk at this stage.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not really. It's a Defender wave, not a Grenadier.

I have a 2012 90 and I won't be waving at anyone if I'm not in it or another Defender.

I've been reading this forums with interest since I pre-ordered 10 months ago, but cancelling and ordering
a Cyber Truck instead.

I wish Grenadier owners all the best, if I was to make one observation here, I'm not sure I've seen a forum so full of entitled people and I'd rather remain associated with the Defender crew. It seems the Grenadier needs a special owner.

I do hope the vehicle comes good, but it's simply not worth the risk at this stage.
At least the Cyber Truck comes with a proven record, and hopefully not part of the 250,000 Tesla’s involved in a group action through steering issues.
Seriously though. Wish you all the best in whatever you choose.
As I have said previously. We are in the end only discussing a piece of metal & plastic. Nothing more than that. (Unless of course you are driving it through the Simpson desert or some such forbidden territory where your very life may be in the balance). 🙄

Back
Top Bottom