The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Splitting the batteries

TJ D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:26 PM
Reaction score
Hello, I may be missing a prior discussion, but has anyone split the dual batteries into a 'house' and 'start' battery? This is ubiquitous on boats, the start battery isn't used for domestic load so you don't end up stranded if you leave the lights on for too long. Curious if it's been done by anyone.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:26 PM
Reaction score
It would just require you to wire your added accessories to the aux battery; unless you wanted to get rid of the trickle charge back to the main battery, in which case you'd just have to replace the isolator with something else (such as the Blue Sea ML-ACR)

TJ D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:26 PM
Reaction score
It would just require you to wire your added accessories to the aux battery; unless you wanted to get rid of the trickle charge back to the main battery, in which case you'd just have to replace the isolator with something else (such as the Blue Sea ML-ACR)
Yes, thanks. I'm just wondering how much opening of panels and other general surgery will be required, or if everything's at the batteries. I'll have mine on Tuesday, so I'll get to go digging then. Yay.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:26 PM
Reaction score
Yes, thanks. I'm just wondering how much opening of panels and other general surgery will be required, or if everything's at the batteries. I'll have mine on Tuesday, so I'll get to go digging then. Yay.
Everything is at the batteries (well, between them)

Local time
10:26 PM
Reaction score
I plan on adding a second battery to my Quartermaster when it arrives in a few weeks. 9 Tubes on here has split his system (search for his build), and transferred many of the heavy load items to the second isolated battery. As they come from factory, all accessories are located on a fuse panel off the main starter battery. This is why I ordered a single battery, and then will "build" my system to what I require.

Back
Top Bottom