The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Splitting the batteries

TJ D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:18 PM
Reaction score
Hello, I may be missing a prior discussion, but has anyone split the dual batteries into a 'house' and 'start' battery? This is ubiquitous on boats, the start battery isn't used for domestic load so you don't end up stranded if you leave the lights on for too long. Curious if it's been done by anyone.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:18 PM
Reaction score
It would just require you to wire your added accessories to the aux battery; unless you wanted to get rid of the trickle charge back to the main battery, in which case you'd just have to replace the isolator with something else (such as the Blue Sea ML-ACR)

TJ D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:18 PM
Reaction score
It would just require you to wire your added accessories to the aux battery; unless you wanted to get rid of the trickle charge back to the main battery, in which case you'd just have to replace the isolator with something else (such as the Blue Sea ML-ACR)
Yes, thanks. I'm just wondering how much opening of panels and other general surgery will be required, or if everything's at the batteries. I'll have mine on Tuesday, so I'll get to go digging then. Yay.

Back
Top Bottom