The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:31 PM
Reaction score

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So what are people's choices with stainless fasteners?

In the past, I've used Copaslip, blue Hylomar, Locktite threadlocker, and Duralac.
Duralac for me with bi-metal connections
Used to use it a lot on overhead power lines when connecting copper to aluminium alloy cables. It’s very effective even exposed to the elements. Would also use thread lock depending on situation.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:31 PM
Reaction score
I know most of you are slowly breaking the trucks in and are busy with life, but please, someone get out there and get one of these amazing vehicles MUDDY!!! And tell us all about its performance. I was super impressed at the NY drive event, which offered some proper trails, and with a wait of God knows how long in NA, I need to live vicariously through you!

Wayneos

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:31 AM
Reaction score
I know most of you are slowly breaking the trucks in and are busy with life, but please, someone get out there and get one of these amazing vehicles MUDDY!!! And tell us all about its performance. I was super impressed at the NY drive event, which offered some proper trails, and with a wait of God knows how long in NA, I need to live vicariously through you!
demanding do it GIF

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ha! Will be taking the dogs on a camping trip on the 20th May and loading it up to the brim and getting it muddy so can report back then - well, so long as the accessories turn up.

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:31 PM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@ all. What are your experiences with rust converters. Which product do you prefer? spray or liquid? I hope I don't need any for the new car that's still waiting at the dealer.
ACF50 although bloody messy if applied by spray and does attract dust and debris unless excess is wiped off. Certainly worked on my Defender.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So what are people's choices with stainless fasteners?

In the past, I've used Copaslip, blue Hylomar, Locktite threadlocker, and Duralac.
I believe Duralec is the one to use. In reality, there will only be electrolytic action when water is present also. Quite common here in UK. 😊

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@ all. What are your experiences with rust converters. Which product do you prefer? spray or liquid? I hope I don't need any for the new car that's still waiting at the dealer.
I am a big fan of all Bilt Hamber products for car care including rust treatment and prevention. High quality and end reasonable cost.

BD1

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:31 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for the first impressions.

How is heating, A/C and window defogging? In a couple of the early media reviews in Scotland a few of the windows were fogging up.

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s the locking key for the central cubby box mate😎
Thanks (what a Prat)never had one that locks before :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
And i'd also like to officially say old Landy driver do wave to new Greny drivers, got two of the biggest wave/flash/thumbs up from two Defender drivers today

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the first impressions.

How is heating, A/C and window defogging? In a couple of the early media reviews in Scotland a few of the windows were fogging up.
A/C on windows clear in seconds (y)(y)
One problem is the rear passenger door button keeps sticking in, given it a squirt of light oil and see if its better tomorrow

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:31 PM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Thanks (what a Prat)never had one that locks before :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
And i'd also like to officially say old Landy driver do wave to new Greny drivers, got two of the biggest wave/flash/thumbs up from two Defender drivers today
Maybe because they are already looking forward to their Greny and are sick of waiting... :ROFLMAO:

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Picked up a tiny design flaw earlier today…. It’s been raining and the gren was out in it.. I opened both the rear doors and popped my head in to reach some stuff and got a stream of water right down my neck. It seems the inner water seal fills with water and it gushes out when your open the doors and release the pressure. I took this photo to show you what I’m talking about.. It was dripping by then, but it was a stream to start with.

I was on flat ground and apart from getting a wet neck, the water didn’t fall inside the load area. It did splash against the top of the rear bumper..

Attachments

• IMG_0929.jpeg
    IMG_0929.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 182
Back
Top Bottom