The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:13 AM
Reaction score
All good for me Gwynn. Ben Hughes picked me up from Leicester and Mark Godbold did the handover. Went like clockwork 😎
Is that another home collection; or just the nearest train station?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
  • There's an external rectangular fixing next to the windscreen (x4, 2 each side) one of the screws has some surface rust. What do I spray on it?
Do you mean the bonnet hinges?622914EB-CB95-422A-8525-C8BA893DCB1A.jpeg

Reactions: PBD

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Some more random thoughts...
  • Doors have to be slammed shut otherwise they don't close properly
  • The door sills need bigger protection plates - it is way too easy to scuff the paintwork.
  • The plastic cargo flooring can be removed easily for cleaning. Too slippery for the dogs. Need boot liner.
  • The speedo location wasn't a problem for me - got used to it in a few mins
  • The RHD footrest. I don't get what all the fuss is about?? 😄
  • Take care with your first roundabout- I caused a wobble by overcompensating. You need to relax your arms and keep movements small. Takes a few minutes to get used to the recirculating thingamajig.
  • There's an external rectangular fixing next to the windscreen (x2, driver side) one of the screws has some surface rust. What do I spray on it?
  • Got the DAB radio working in a couple of minutes. All good. A/C powerful.
  • Rear reversing camera video on touch screen is way too small! Needs to fill whole screen.
  • Had some giggles hauling mum into the car for a spin around the village.
  • Windscreen wipers seem ridiculously small for the size of the car 🤣
  • Electric windows lower super fast!
  • Love the door armrest location!
  • VERY comfortable seats.
  • Other than compulsory manspread due to floor hump, family found rear seats comfy with plenty of headroom
  • Fuel economy - don't buy the car if this is your primary concern. It's thirsty!
I have installed helicopter tape on the door sills to compensate for the lack of protection.. an easy job and virtually invisible once they’re applied.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
could anyone with the leather option please take a photo of the inside of one of the doors, the bit with the switches/speaker etc
Also got 2 sets of 3 keys, What is the little silver one for??
thanks
It’s the locking key for the central cubby box mate😎

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Some ACF 50 is the answer there and any other surface rust that shows up. My Defender got doused in it regularly. Should have been picked up and addressed at PDI stage though. 👍🏼
I think I'd be rubbing down the front face and applying some fresh paint. It's going to be near impossible to keep the outer rim/wheel mating surface free of rust as it's a hub centric design (?).

Is the centre of the hub tapped to take a thread? Maybe some hub covers? A 3D printer project?

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:13 PM
Reaction score
That ‘slipping’ feeling is part of the design of an automatic. It is the torque converter doing its job. A dual clutch gearbox is very different to an automatic. There’s pros and cons to the differences; a torque converter is going to be very useful offroad, and i suspect this auto is going to be more reliable and longer term without overhaul than any dual clutch would be in this car.
That is useful to know, thank you for taking the time to comment. I had assumed (naively) that old auto boxes no longer existed/would not be fitted to BMW cars (the engine and gearbox combination is used in BMW vehicles isn’t it?)

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have installed helicopter tape on the door sills to compensate for the lack of protection.. an easy job and virtually invisible once they’re applied.
What tape did you use? I was searching Amazon last night, couldn’t decide which one as there were so many!

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
That is useful to know, thank you for taking the time to comment. I had assumed (naively) that old auto boxes no longer existed/would not be fitted to BMW cars (the engine and gearbox combination is used in BMW vehicles isn’t it?)
That zF 8 speed is in so many vehicles, from sports cars to offroaders.

DC transmissions are not good for slow speed offroading, as they can overheat

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What tape did you use? I was searching Amazon last night, couldn’t decide which one as there were so many!
This is the tape and how it looks once applied. Needs very clean paint work.. you’ll need a sharp craft knife to fettle it in as it wider than you need.

Attachments

• IMG_0898.jpeg
    IMG_0898.jpeg
    227.2 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0907.jpeg
    IMG_0907.jpeg
    381.7 KB · Views: 160

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve moved to the Grenadier from an X5 with the same engine and auto box. It was the same in that. It’s just that the Grenadier is quite a bit heavier and so it is a bit more noticeable.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have had a succession of intermittent warning alarms each time I have gone out in it (PDC, power steering, e-call, safety belts (alarm for non-use of unoccupied seats?!))
On looking over mine last week at the agent's, I noticed that the rear seat belt anchors are actually wired up. I wondered if this was anything to do with activating the curtain airbag?

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:13 AM
Reaction score
RHD footrest is ok but you need to manspread...? Haha.
I think he’s talking about the transmission tunnel hump in the rear for rear seat passengers, not the RH driver’s footwell.

Back
Top Bottom