The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:46 PM
Reaction score
It is a mechanical connection of teethed gears.
Main gearbox in neutral
Lift the collar and push it across.
You may have to roll forward or backward a bit to let the cogs mesh.
and make sure you've had your weetbix for breakfast!

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:46 PM
Reaction score
I am not able to get the middle diff into low, any clues??
Nb you need to be (should be) in neutral plus if not used much (or for first times) you need to be assertive/firm plus sometimes (often?) you need to roll a little forward and then have another go

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
4:46 AM
Reaction score
I had the same issue. You need more force than expected. Rolling a bit helped and I have the impression that it becomes easier after a couple of times. Used low range to pull a horse trailer out of our steep driveway. Never had a vehicle with LR before and I am very delighted how that went.

Local time
2:46 PM
Reaction score
I had the same issue. You need more force than expected. Rolling a bit helped and I have the impression that it becomes easier after a couple of times. Used low range to pull a horse trailer out of our steep driveway. Never had a vehicle with LR before and I am very delighted how that went.
you are probably right.I was in a demonstrator and in a remote area.I didnt want to break it!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone who's owned a series LR or older Disco knows the struggle with gnashing the teeth together, and will find the Gren very familiar!

SBA

Local time
3:46 AM
Reaction score
Took delivery Monday and put it to work tuesday loaded with tools and items its amazing tool completly tonka tough everyone who has seen it loves it. people dont know what it is looking for a badge etc.
I really like that its not plastered everwhere with badges like other brands. As for my Left foot its all about the seat position and all negative comments are somewhat just picking at a new brand and its possible flaws.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:46 PM
Reaction score
Took delivery Monday and put it to work tuesday loaded with tools and items its amazing tool completly tonka tough everyone who has seen it loves it. people dont know what it is looking for a badge etc.
I really like that its not plastered everwhere with badges like other brands. As for my Left foot its all about the seat position and all negative comments are somewhat just picking at a new brand and its possible flaws.
Is your truck RHD? I ask because I see you have a Portuguese flag icon.

Local time
Reaction score
thanks, I applied quite a bit of force, goes into high but even with force have not got it into low, have to turn the electrics off to get it out of high locked, any more ideas please

Local time
Reaction score
thanks, I applied quite a bit of force, goes into high but even with force have not got it into low, have to turn the electrics off to get it out of high locked, any more ideas please

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:46 AM
Reaction score
best one so far is from a delivery driver; '.....that's Korean right?'

I was going to say we both like dogs and bbqs but chose to enlighten him with Hambach.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:46 AM
Reaction score
48 hours in and I love it! Just picked it up on Friday after what seemed like an eternity!!
Coming from a D3, the ride is definitely more solid and very imposing feeling on the road. Loving the seats. A few gurgles and farts from the engine bay as it all beds in ….. hopefully after it’s first 1000km it will sound a bit smoother,
Plenty of ‘what the hell is that!?!?’ comments but very much a positive vibe. It’s such an unusual car it’s bound to get some attention.

Went for the rack and side steps and they’re finished very well. At over 6’ , I haven’t quite mastered a comfortable way of getting into it yet 😅 I hope the edge of the seat doesn’t get worn down to a nib 🫣

Couple of niggles with O/S mirror motors working sometimes. ‘Place foot on break to start’ message coming on screen when hurtling down the road 🤷‍♂️ I have the latest update so maybe the next one might iron that out.

Parking takes a bit more time but overall the steering is no hassle at all.

Just 6 of the IG on the road in Rep. of Ireland as of now. She’s a keeper I think 😉
View attachment 7827171
Hi @Tanters, nice you have your Grenadier now!

Have you already sold your Disco?
And how does it feel to drive a Grenadier yourself, not just behind me? ☺️

Now you know that I really enjoyed guiding you to the the campsite: it wasn't work, it was fun. Especially since it was for you and your lovely wife.

Next time you're in the area, just let us know. You are always welcome! :)
typo

Last edited:

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Heres my first impression.
There are many small annoying things that aren't right about the car, and they have all been noted here before.
These things do annoy me, and I wish they weren't there.

However, there are so many things they have got right in this car - particularly for Australian conditions.
This car should not handle and go as well as it does for a car its size and bulk - the suspension tuning is a delight on road.
It take corners at speeds with such surety and imparts a feeling of stability over undulating surfaces that no car/truck that I have ever owned could.
It makes you feel like you own the road.... and dare I say it...... makes you feel like the "king of the road".
You can barrel down potholed C roads which make up the bulk of Australia's roads, without any care for what may be in front of you.

There are many small niceties as well, like driving at night without a bright instrument cluster shining right in your face, or the standard driving lights opening up the road ahead like no other factory light setup I have ever seen, and in my case - popping open the Safari Roof and enjoying the evening air rush by.

All in all, an outstanding effort from Ineos.

Yes the small things annoy me, but this car is an amazing touring vehicle - built on purpose for Australia.

Local time
Reaction score
Heres my first impression.
There are many small annoying things that aren't right about the car, and they have all been noted here before.
These things do annoy me, and I wish they weren't there.

However, there are so many things they have got right in this car - particularly for Australian conditions.
This car should not handle and go as well as it does for a car its size and bulk - the suspension tuning is a delight on road.
It take corners at speeds with such surety and imparts a feeling of stability over undulating surfaces that no car/truck that I have ever owned could.
It makes you feel like you own the road.... and dare I say it...... makes you feel like the "king of the road".
You can barrel down potholed C roads which make up the bulk of Australia's roads, without any care for what may be in front of you.

There are many small niceties as well, like driving at night without a bright instrument cluster shining right in your face, or the standard driving lights opening up the road ahead like no other factory light setup I have ever seen, and in my case - popping open the Safari Roof and enjoying the evening air rush by.

All in all, an outstanding effort from Ineos.

Yes the small things annoy me, but this car is an amazing touring vehicle - built on purpose for Australia.
agree the ride was outstanding. I noticed this even as a passenger in the prototype

Reactions: Max

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I picked up my vehicle yesterday and drove it home from the dealership. A short freeway ride and the rest of the 40km was city & suburban streets.

First impressions of my 2 seater Trialmaster diesel:

• The suspension is really good. Speed humps are smoothly absorbed and the ride over these is much better than the other 2 SUV's in the household.
  • The rumble of the straight six diesel is awesome.
  • Hello transfer case whine - where have you been for the last six years. Less noticeable than my Disco 2 but my JGC is quieter. Anyway, just an observation rather than a complaint.
  • Steering will take some getting used to but turning into corners is better than expected.
  • The drivers side mirror lacks range in the outward and upward angles.
  • Fit and finish of the plastics is ordinary for a post $100K vehicle.
More observations to follow as I get more distance on the odometer.

Back
Top Bottom