The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:42 PM
Reaction score
One thing , we were halfway through the highlands and luckily spotted an echidna (like a porcupine I guess) waddling across the road. It was at the centre line when the Ineos straddled it. Unlikely to have punctured a tyre if run over , but it would have been an unfortunate forced stop , let alone pancaking the poor creature.
And also , there were no histrionic lane departure warnings! But I did forewarn my passenger I was visiting the other lane for a second.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:42 AM
Reaction score
Well finally on 05102023 , 502 days after ordering, we picked up Gimli and I followed my wife 250km home via the central highlands of Tasmania. It was a bit bleak up there, so photo opportunities were limited.

Trialmaster , petrol , Magic mushroom - with rock sliders, bullbar , winch , safari roof, saddle leather and lockable spare wheel cover (latter to be delivered - Ineos paperwork error). I have a cargo barrier on order and the FR 3/4 rack to go on top.

The safari roof seals have been replaced with the new ones and the drains needed replacing.

To me , this a brilliant amalgam of old and new, analog with digital overtones. It's like a combination of my 80 series Landcruiser , Discovery 1 and wife's last car , a Mercedes GLC.
With of course a general nod to my S3 Landrover.

Points to note:
- my passenger was my 82 yo father in law. He pulled himself up into the cabin without problems, and slid out as one does with no side steps.
- ample power , smooth transmission
- handles very well (there were some hairpins which had my f.i.l. grabbing the bars as I explored the limits!
- controls easily learnt
- android auto worked intermittently due to poor connectivity - many blackspots in Tasmania , you make do with what you're given)
- visibility excellent - side mirrors no problem at all for me
- footrest no issue at all (seating position easily adjustable and it's nice that the steering wheel can be moved in and out)
- steering absolutely not an issue , but I'm used to old school cars so acclimatised immediately. Saddle leather wheel , handbrake cover and grab bar look and feel sensational.
- turning circle better than I had imagined.
- some tyre noise to be expected (All Terrains)
- some wind noise (no more than expected)
- no rattles
- briefly tried the centre lock on the dirt road near home - slotted in with a bit of shove whilst on the move.
Exactly the same as my Discovery 1.
- fuel economy was 14.1 L , noting some city driving either end , and there was a fair bit of hill climbing and some heavyish right foot to test the engine note and corner exits...
- the main issues are electronic - odometer stuck on 0000 (Edit: it worked later , then didn't work...), compass/elevation not working, warning for doors/seatbelts seem mixed up left/right

Much more to learn re dynamics offroad but for now , it fits like a glove 😊
Well done Ineos , and well done Jim for putting your money where you heart wanted to go in 2017(y)
My 6 yo dream has come true. And I feel like a 6yo again!

View attachment 7828786
View attachment 7828788
View attachment 7828789
As you are one of the founding members of this site, it is great to see you eventually in the driving seat. A brilliant vehicle and a great choice of spec’.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Have to say if I was writing the First Impressions today, with all the electronics working as they should have 4 months ago. I would say nothing negative at all. It's a completely different vehicle. However, in the UK there is no denying its road presence, which you have to be conscience of on UK minor roads. Wife drove it for the first time today and this was her only comment (its physical presence on the road).

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:42 AM
Reaction score
Congrats, @Tazzieman. Nice to read you are happy. (y)

I am curious about your upcoming reports. :)

Reactions: Max

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Not exactly a first impression, but the first impression after the update and other issues.

Picked up my car today at the agent (K+E). Things on the list were
  • Software update. Done and successful, no more errors. There are still things which could be improved, but all in all it is finally a software which deserves the attribute "production ready".
  • Sidesteps mounted. The car looks certainly better without them, but the improvement for getting in (and out!) is clearly worth it. The lateral seat bolsters will thank you.
  • Camping table mounted, not much more to say.
  • Rubber mats delivered.
  • Door seals changed, will see how they work in the future.
  • Safari window seals changed, same as above: will see.
  • The steering wheel now points to 12 o'clock and it feels as if you don't have to constantly adjust a little to the right.
  • They checked ac coolant and hydraulic fluid levels, and it all was ok.
  • The rubber sleeve on the steering column shall not cover the joint completely. That was confirmed by Ineos.
  • The plastic covers in the wheel arches are now mounted similarly.
  • Vibrations have been greatly mitigated, but they are not completely eliminated. They bent the large heat shield above the rear silencer so that the strongest noise and vibrations disappeared. But now the vibrations of other parts are becoming noticeable, and I suspect it will be an iterative process to find and delete all sources.
  • The "dangling" cables have been fixed. The have btw. never been really "dangling" but just formed a loop. that has now been properly laid out.
  • The powdering of the towing hitch mounting plate was damaged and has been replaced.
  • The rear ladder was scratched during transport and has been replaced.
  • Some cooling hoses / tubes were (I don't know exactly) either replaced or fixed somehow.
  • And the biggest thing was the new tramission box, I got a new one (INEOS recall).

All in all it took a whole week in the workshop, but partly because a few small parts were missing. Now my car is in better condition than when it was delivered.

Good job, K+E and in particular Mr. Crepaldi & team! (y)
wording
added the team ...

Last edited:

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Alvan, could you please take the opportunity to test whether the rear interior lighting can now be adjusted or turned off after the update? Thx Barney
Just checked.
With the 'Interior lights - Automatic' switch on, any opening of a door (front or rear) turns on ALL the interior lights.
With the same switch turned off, any opening of a door (front or rear) doesn't turn on any lights.
The 'Interior lights - on' turned on, turns on just the front lights.
I don't know how it worked before the upgrade, since I care of it very little...

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well finally on 05102023 , 502 days after ordering, we picked up Gimli and I followed my wife 250km home via the central highlands of Tasmania. It was a bit bleak up there, so photo opportunities were limited.

Trialmaster , petrol , Magic mushroom - with rock sliders, bullbar , winch , safari roof, saddle leather and lockable spare wheel cover (latter to be delivered - Ineos paperwork error). I have a cargo barrier on order and the FR 3/4 rack to go on top.

The safari roof seals have been replaced with the new ones and the drains needed replacing.

To me , this a brilliant amalgam of old and new, analog with digital overtones. It's like a combination of my 80 series Landcruiser , Discovery 1 and wife's last car , a Mercedes GLC.
With of course a general nod to my S3 Landrover.

Points to note:
- my passenger was my 82 yo father in law. He pulled himself up into the cabin without problems, and slid out as one does with no side steps.
- ample power , smooth transmission
- handles very well (there were some hairpins which had my f.i.l. grabbing the bars as I explored the limits!
- controls easily learnt
- android auto worked intermittently due to poor connectivity - many blackspots in Tasmania , you make do with what you're given)
- visibility excellent - side mirrors no problem at all for me
- footrest no issue at all (seating position easily adjustable and it's nice that the steering wheel can be moved in and out)
- steering absolutely not an issue , but I'm used to old school cars so acclimatised immediately. Saddle leather wheel , handbrake cover and grab bar look and feel sensational.
- turning circle better than I had imagined.
- some tyre noise to be expected (All Terrains)
- some wind noise (no more than expected)
- no rattles
- briefly tried the centre lock on the dirt road near home - slotted in with a bit of shove whilst on the move.
Exactly the same as my Discovery 1.
- fuel economy was 14.1 L , noting some city driving either end , and there was a fair bit of hill climbing and some heavyish right foot to test the engine note and corner exits...
- the main issues are electronic - odometer stuck on 0000 (Edit: it worked later , then didn't work...), compass/elevation not working, warning for doors/seatbelts seem mixed up left/right

Much more to learn re dynamics offroad but for now , it fits like a glove 😊
Well done Ineos , and well done Jim for putting your money where you heart wanted to go in 2017(y)
My 6 yo dream has come true. And I feel like a 6yo again!

View attachment 7828786
View attachment 7828788
View attachment 7828789
congrats, looks fantastic! Did they mention the software update and when for Aus by chance?

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
I also need a software update again. ;) Tomorrow we are driving 450 km one way to my dad. He is 91 years old and got into the Grenadier quite well. There will be wild boar meat (homemade) with our own potatoes and beans with a dip with nuts, chili 🌶️ and honey 🍯. I'm looking forward to seeing the old man. He probably has another long list of todos.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:42 AM
Reaction score
My software has been updated , as others have had (version 1946) but I believe there is another one in the making.
Well done Tazzie and the wait was worth it...my impatience meant the drive back and forth to the agent was going to happen but in my case, it is just half an hour...not an option in your case...but at least now you can make it an adventure next time for updates...it is a pity we can't do things over the phone...was it a pacemaker that could be tuned that way?...anyway smiles all round...your pictures looked great except there was a vehicle in the road (y):love:

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My software has been updated , as others have had (version 1946) but I believe there is another one in the making.
Great news they're updating prior to delivery (or out of factory). Picked up mine late August and have 1939 with bings and bongs etc...

Update... dealer was able to upgrade to 1946 this morn after a phone call - great service. Seems no more bings and bongs but then I did not have any in the hour drive to the dealer. Car was fully charged as it sits on a smart charger and I've noticed when this is so I don't get any errors displayed. If it dropped a small amount of voltage then yes erroneous errors. Dealer did say the errors were related to lower voltage. Seems all good now and happy as. 😀

Last edited:

Karearea

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:42 PM
Reaction score
Awesome looking truck Tazzie and such a stunning landscape. The MM fits in well there. Looking forward to seeing the FR rack in place and how it compares with the factory option. (Still holding my option in place for now)

Local time
Reaction score
Took delivery of mine today here in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Really happy with it. Didn’t face any electrical gremlins as mentioned by others. Smooth drive and surprisingly quick when you floor it. Anyone knows if there is a break in period?

Attachments

• IMG_1148.jpeg
    IMG_1148.jpeg
    307.1 KB · Views: 29

Khalfan323

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Took delivery of mine today here in Abu Dhabi, UAE. Really happy with it. Didn’t face any electrical gremlins as mentioned by others. Smooth drive and surprisingly quick when you floor it. Anyone knows if there is a break in period?
Looks amazing! يعطيك خيرها و يكفيك شرها

I’ve got this custom made for when I pick up mine next week! IMG_6088.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom