The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:33 AM
Reaction score
If you mean me: Not necessary. I was like that before.

Tanters

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:33 AM
Reaction score
48 hours in and I love it! Just picked it up on Friday after what seemed like an eternity!!
Coming from a D3, the ride is definitely more solid and very imposing feeling on the road. Loving the seats. A few gurgles and farts from the engine bay as it all beds in ….. hopefully after it’s first 1000km it will sound a bit smoother,
Plenty of ‘what the hell is that!?!?’ comments but very much a positive vibe. It’s such an unusual car it’s bound to get some attention.

Went for the rack and side steps and they’re finished very well. At over 6’ , I haven’t quite mastered a comfortable way of getting into it yet 😅 I hope the edge of the seat doesn’t get worn down to a nib 🫣

Couple of niggles with O/S mirror motors working sometimes. ‘Place foot on break to start’ message coming on screen when hurtling down the road 🤷‍♂️ I have the latest update so maybe the next one might iron that out.

Parking takes a bit more time but overall the steering is no hassle at all.

Just 6 of the IG on the road in Rep. of Ireland as of now. She’s a keeper I think 😉
IMG_5940.jpeg

Local time
12:33 PM
Reaction score
Had mine a few days now and overall loving it. I hadn't actually driven one prior to collecting so here are my first impressions (only done 150kms).

I'm very happy with the car. Love the suspension, drivetrain (diesel), seats, interior and exterior design. Happy with all the accessories I spec'd (believe mine may have been first in WA to get the picnic table fitted??). Love that I can't even see the RAI from my driving position.

What could be better? I've already added a rubber boot mat (butchered to fit from my old D4). The back is far too slippery without it. I have a few warnings which have come and gone, the most annoying so far was rear seat belts (when no one was in the rear). Turning circle takes some getting used to, I've found I just need to start turning earlier and I'm already sub consciously taking different lines.

Kids are loving climbing all over it. Looking forward to a more extended test this weekend towing a trailer and collecting wood.

Attachments

• Gren in Garage.jpg
    Gren in Garage.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 65
Local time
2:33 PM
Reaction score
All these Grenadiers that are now on the road and hardly a few words put together describing first impressions. Photographs are all very well but we want to hear how it makes one feel. What is ones impressions compared to recent journalistic reviews. We are hanging on every word but unfortunately, no words are coming through.
I had mine delivered 30/08 in South Island New Zealand to Armstrongs in Christchurch, unfortunately due to a knee repair I was unable to drive it until 16/09/2023. My first impressions on the basic vehicle: build is very good, good ride, engine, box, handles well, brakes well.

Having had a Land Rover 90 for the last 30 years I can also add to the Grenadier strengths: Quiet, no draughts, no wet feet and we can listen to each other with ease. The dual door seals also keep the dust out remarkably well.

Downsides: pre delivery inspection and my 1 st drive have revealed several items that need attention, mainly ancillaries related, Armstrongs are working on getting these sorted and some have already been resolved.IMG_0565.jpeg

Local time
Reaction score
I had mine delivered 30/08 in South Island New Zealand to Armstrongs in Christchurch, unfortunately due to a knee repair I was unable to drive it until 16/09/2023. My first impressions on the basic vehicle: build is very good, good ride, engine, box, handles well, brakes well.

Having had a Land Rover 90 for the last 30 years I can also add to the Grenadier strengths: Quiet, no draughts, no wet feet and we can listen to each other with ease. The dual door seals also keep the dust out remarkably well.

Downsides: pre delivery inspection and my 1 st drive have revealed several items that need attention, mainly ancillaries related, Armstrongs are working on getting these sorted and some have already been resolved.View attachment 7827193
nice,are they the rocksliders? can you get your foot onto them? I see one of th NZ boys actually has INEOS1 as his number plate

Reactions: PBD

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:33 PM
Reaction score

Downsides: pre delivery inspection and my 1 st drive have revealed several items that need attention, mainly ancillaries related, Armstrongs are working on getting these sorted and some have already been resolved.View attachment 7827193
Tell us about those sliders/steps! Share some photos if you can.

Local time
9:33 AM
Reaction score
48 hours in and I love it! Just picked it up on Friday after what seemed like an eternity!!
Coming from a D3, the ride is definitely more solid and very imposing feeling on the road. Loving the seats. A few gurgles and farts from the engine bay as it all beds in ….. hopefully after it’s first 1000km it will sound a bit smoother,
Plenty of ‘what the hell is that!?!?’ comments but very much a positive vibe. It’s such an unusual car it’s bound to get some attention.

Went for the rack and side steps and they’re finished very well. At over 6’ , I haven’t quite mastered a comfortable way of getting into it yet 😅 I hope the edge of the seat doesn’t get worn down to a nib 🫣

Couple of niggles with O/S mirror motors working sometimes. ‘Place foot on break to start’ message coming on screen when hurtling down the road 🤷‍♂️ I have the latest update so maybe the next one might iron that out.

Just 6 of the IG on the road in Rep. of Ireland as of now. She’s a keeper I think 😉
View attachment 7827171
Beauty! Who knows I will spot you in real life but if you see someone eyeing and drooling badly it might be me ;)

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:33 AM
Reaction score

View attachment 7827171
A very expensive keeper if purchased in the Republic! Great to read that you are enjoying it. That is my experience also.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:33 PM
Reaction score
nice,are they the rocksliders? can you get your foot onto them?
If you ever been rock climbing , you will understand the need for tight fitting rubbery soles if you intend using them as a step. Even then you have to drop to the ground when exiting.

Saschi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:33 AM
Reaction score
A group of German Grenadier owners met for the "First INEOS Grenadier Weekend in Germany/Europe". Organised by "Offroad and Outdoor" (offroadandoutdoor.com). Even a participant from Luxembourg was there. @Jean Mercier, that's not far from you. How about it? :cool:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVxRToQNc3A
I was part of the group. We had two days of training. Our trainer Marcel from "Offroad and Outdoor"´was great and explained the Grenadier offroad features very good. The training itself was thrilling and we had a lot of fun. The video doesn't really show the tough terrain. However, our Grenadiers did a great job. Built on purpose, job done, no regrets at all! Next spring we will perform a winching seminar.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was part of the group. We had two days of training. Our trainer Marcel from "Offroad and Outdoor"´was great and explained the Grenadier offroad features very good. The training itself was thrilling and we had a lot of fun. The video doesn't really show the tough terrain. However, our Grenadiers did a great job. Built on purpose, job done, no regrets at all! Next spring we will perform a winching seminar.
Hi @Stu_Barnes, shouldn't we give all meetings of INEOS Grenadier owners their own thread?
Then we would have all the videos reflecting the experiences of the real owners collected in one place.
This first meeting of owners, which was attended by members of the forum, could be the start of a great collection of impressions.

Local time
Reaction score
If you ever been rock climbing , you will understand the need for tight fitting rubbery soles if you intend using them as a step. Even then you have to drop to the ground when exiting.
Haha this is so true, I went bouldering last night still feel the pain haha

Reactions: Max
Local time
Reaction score
Very cool to hear :) I think it is great to build confident with you grenny and understand the capabilities and limitations with out getting yourself in trouble, which could also be fun

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Haha this is so true, I went bouldering last night still feel the pain haha
Imagine having to do that just to get your keys!

If you haven't listened to @Ingemar tell his story about the Hard Way Home, check out the second episode of our podcast! Ingemar speaks about his experiences not just with the HWH, but his automotive past, Loki and Thor, and much more.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
nice,are they the rocksliders? can you get your foot onto them? I see one of th NZ boys actually has INEOS1 as his number plate
yes they are the rock sliders and no good for steps, yes I purchased it over a year back

Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7827171

Back
Top Bottom