The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
7:47 AM
Reaction score
I went over the Gateway twice yesterday.
Heading south my wife was in the car so I was limited to 100kmh
Heading back she wasn't so I was able to do 130 ish
Your wife is a sheriff, it seems.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:47 AM
Reaction score
Played with the Cruise yesterday and yes it gains going down hills and doesn't brake when coming up behind cars...so a little more old school which makes you the driver...our 3008 Peugeot is light and doesn't have that issue and brakes when gaining on the cars ahead which was a pain until I found that you can change the distance setting...the Grenadier is also twice its weight.
Handbrake
I think I might need a handbrake as well Dave...the Grenadier is so far off the ground and my driving position is high also...it gives no feeling of how fast you are going and you look at your speedo and find you are traveling way over...72ks in a 60 zone the other day...whoops...obviously, I will get used to it without gaining points from those red and blue warning lights that flash in the back windscreen...;)

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:47 PM
Reaction score
My Grenny had a test last night which no one would give their’s by choice. We had an unseasonal storm with high winds, heavy rain and 15-25mm hail which blanketed the ground. The Grenny was parked out in and survived without a mark! I was worried about the bonnet, which I think is aluminium, as against the (roof) turret which seems reasonably solid steel.
I wonder if Ineos did any testing for hail strike? It’s not an unusual event in this part of the world, and something I was always worried about with the Defender’s full aluminium body.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My Grenny had a test last night which no one would give their’s by choice. We had an unseasonal storm with high winds, heavy rain and 15-25mm hail which blanketed the ground. The Grenny was parked out in and survived without a mark! I was worried about the bonnet, which I think is aluminium, as against the (roof) turret which seems reasonably solid steel.
I wonder if Ineos did any testing for hail strike? It’s not an unusual event in this part of the world, and something I was always worried about with the Defender’s full aluminium body.
My current vehicle has alluminium bonnet & boot and a completely glass roof.
I haven't built my shed yet so it parks out in the open.
Not looking forward to hail storms.

1692309724820.png1692310077858.png

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Haven’t got mine yet so no experience, but it does sound like the standard old school dumb cruise controls where this was standard. Many systems are hit and miss still. I must say the adaptive cruise in my current Pajero Sport is probably the best all round system I have everything experienced and I will miss it.
My wife’s Subaru Forester has the best Adaptive Cruise Control I have ever experienced. However, I guess as with all these things, it would involve a lot more electric wizardry.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My wife’s Subaru Forester has the best Adaptive Cruise Control I have ever experienced. However, I guess as with all these things, it would involve a lot more electric wizardry.
My Subaru Liberty had the same system and it slammed on the brakes when a large roo jumped out from the side of the road.
Only problem I found was that it stopped me from focusing on traffic and speed so I often found I was sitting behind a car doing 10-2-kmh below the speed limit when I could/should have overtaken it.

Local time
10:47 PM
Reaction score
I think Robert has hit the nail in his comments re footwear.
This is not a rock crawler (I know some of our US members may be disappointed) but it's not made for that purpose.
Could you please elaborate on why you feel it's not a rock crawler? I live in Idaho, right smack in the middle of the....wait for it...Rockies. And while I don't go out "crawling," I do have to make my way through some crawling terrain while hunting, etc. Any input would be great. For reference, I own a "built" LC 200 series with center and rear lockers.

Reactions: Max

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Could you please elaborate on why you feel it's not a rock crawler? I live in Idaho, right smack in the middle of the....wait for it...Rockies. And while I don't go out "crawling," I do have to make my way through some crawling terrain while hunting, etc. Any input would be great. For reference, I own a "built" LC 200 series with center and rear lockers.
It will crawl through rocky and cut up terrain, but it is not like a Wrangler that you can throw a set of 37” muddies on and disconnect the sway bars and crawl up a canyon without very significant modifications.

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:47 AM
Reaction score
My truck has now done just over 2k I'm very happy with it still a few warning lights but nowhere near when new, my transfer case was changed by dealer with no qualms the only thing I'm not happy with atm is the radio / infotainment but that's only a small bugbear overall as was mentioned earlier in this thread Its a truck if you don't want a truck buy something else well done sir Jim . stuff the haters ;)

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:47 AM
Reaction score
Now that I have driven 6000 km, I am having the first oil change done.
The software update should come, as I have posted here before, at the end of the month. But the dealer wants to do this first on his own vehicles to see if it brings the desired results. Then he will get back to us customers.

Local time
10:47 PM
Reaction score
It will crawl through rocky and cut up terrain, but it is not like a Wrangler that you can throw a set of 37” muddies on, slam an energy drink, crank up Nickleback, honk at highschool girls and then act surprised when an axle breaks without very significant modifications.
Fixed it for you. I'd put my 1989 FJ62 on 34"s up against any Wrangler, any day.

In all seriousness, any rig with stout axles, lockers and aired down tires can make for a pretty accomplished crawler. The Greny's relative high center of gravity is what I assumed you guys were talking about.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:47 AM
Reaction score
Now that I have driven 6000 km, I am having the first oil change done.
The software update should come, as I have posted here before, at the end of the month. But the dealer wants to do this first on his own vehicles to see if it brings the desired results. Then he will get back to us customers.
Hopefully I can get the software update in South Africa when my vehicle arrives mid September . It’s booked in for a check over anyway at the Ineos agent in Cape Town before my travels begin 🤞🏼

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
well I got my first impression of the 2 seat Grenadier today at the Melbourne 4x4 Outdoor show. INEOS had 2 agent demonstration models on their stand. Lovely big long flat cargo area upon opening the rear door!

But what I really wanted to say was amongst a sea of Toyota Land Cruisers, Ford Rangers, Nissan Patrols, Ford FT150's & 350's, most with 2" and 3" lifts, 37" or bigger MT's and every other imaginable GMV off-road & rock hopping upgrade - all trying to say "look at me", "look at me" - the two Grenadiers looked so beautifully proportioned, well designed, quitely understated; the classical off road vehicle.

It's not until you sit in a Toyoato 70 series and then directly into the Grenadier and closing the drivers door with that bank vault thud, that you fully appreciate the Grenadiers' substance, finish, beauty & style. This vehicle is going to become a classic.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fixed it for you. I'd put my 1989 FJ62 on 34"s up against any Wrangler, any day.

In all seriousness, any rig with stout axles, lockers and aired down tires can make for a pretty accomplished crawler. The Greny's relative high center of gravity is what I assumed you guys were talking about.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Hah, but actually the Grenadier had a relatively low centre of gravity

Back
Top Bottom