The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:12 AM
Reaction score
Meanwhile, not sure what I’m going to do with the Ineos covers.
Should collect mine tomo and agent says the covers are on. Have the M&M ones sitting here at home. Was thinking just the same thing as you. Perhaps will use them to cover the Melvilles on particularly dirty days!!! Unless can flog em.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:12 PM
Reaction score
Should collect mine tomo and agent says the covers are on. Have the M&M ones sitting here at home. Was thinking just the same thing as you. Perhaps will use them to cover the Melvilles on particularly dirty days!!! Unless can flog em.
If there was ever a need to tell your agent to delete an accessory item from your order and adjust the price it’s those covers I reckon.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:12 PM
Reaction score
I am writing this in the hope that someone can tell me that the fuel gauge in the Grenadier will become accurate after the long-awaited software updates happen...in this day and age it is the most annoying instrument in the vehicle when it is so vital for travel...forget the compass...at the moment and now 3000ks later it is telling me to fill up now with still up to 30 litres still in the tank...yes better that way than the other but I am getting the wrong warning unnecessarily...loved to old boat with her notched round dowel dipstick;)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Meanwhile, not sure what I’m going to do with the Ineos covers.
Take them back and ask for a refund.

Ineos may take notice of polite feedback that they don't fit very well or don't stay on; but will definitely take notice of poor sales and refunds issued.

If not for you but future owners and in the name of product development give them the strongest signal possible.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am writing this in the hope that someone can tell me that the fuel gauge in the Grenadier will become accurate after the long-awaited software updates happen...in this day and age it is the most annoying instrument in the vehicle when it is so vital for travel...forget the compass...at the moment and now 3000ks later it is telling me to fill up now with still up to 30 litres still in the tank...yes better that way than the other but I am getting the wrong warning unnecessarily...loved to old boat with her notched round dowel dipstick;)
My wife's mini has 4 illuminated sections for the fuel gauge.
So you assume one quarter of a tank for each section.
However they are all different sizes.
But noooooo!!!
So it sits on all four lit ....obviously a full tank.
Suddenly the top segment goes out and you instantly go from a full tank to only 3/4 of a tank.
That's ok 3/4 of a tank is plenty in a mini.
When you get in next time and it shows 3 out of 4 illuminated no concern at all.
However....
You have no idea how long it has been showing 3 illuminated sections.
Was it 1 litre ago or 10 litres?
So 5kms later it goes from 3 sections to only 2.
you wonder how you used a quarter of a tank in just 5kms.
Does that mean the last two sections are only good for 10kms total?

How do car manufacturers get something so simple so wrong.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:12 AM
Reaction score
Take them back and ask for a refund.

Ineos may take notice of polite feedback that they don't fit very well or don't stay on; but will definitely take notice of poor sales and refunds issued.

If not for you but future owners and in the name of product development give them the strongest signal possible.
I think after they were on show at Goodwood most (like me) took them off the order. Just from the video alone they looked appalling. Saw a new owner drive out of the showroom a few weeks ago and they didn't look any better.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:12 AM
Reaction score
The fuel warning level should be configurable by the user.

Two levels: one for off-road/wading/diffs locked and one for normal operation. So you could define an appropriate warning level for driving on the road and a more generous one for when you need more to move forward.

And maybe the fuel tank volume should be configurable as well in case you add an extra tank.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I think after they were on show at Goodwood most (like me) took them off the order. Just from the video alone they looked appalling. Saw a new owner drive out of the showroom a few weeks ago and they didn't look any better.
I must admit I don't hate the Ineos seat covers. They're pretty dirt resistant and very waterproof. For work they are ideal. If only the drivers seat base one would stay In place I wouldn't mind.

Not worth the money though

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I must admit I don't hate the Ineos seat covers. They're pretty dirt resistant and very waterproof. For work they are ideal. If only the drivers seat base one would stay In place I wouldn't mind.

Not worth the money though
I am planning on using natural animal hide to protect my seats.

Reactions: Max

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today I had an audience when I did my first refill (the Grenadier attracts people like a magnet).

The computer told me the tank was at 50% but it took 56 litres from the pump.

I filled the car with diesel to the very very top - say, 92 litres. Driving home the computer showed a range of 341kms.

The software update is only a few weeks away!!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Today I had an audience when I did my first refill (the Grenadier attracts people like a magnet).

I filled the car with diesel to the very very top - say, 92 litres. Driving home the computer showed a range of 341kms.

The software update is only a few weeks away!!
I feel the software engineers had a weird sense of humour.

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I didn’t follow at the moment the fuel gauge… Fill up after max 600km. Until now it works, and on long trip with less filling station I have the Jerry Can

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I recall reading somewhere that tanks should have a @10% expansion built into them. So at 50% full there was space for 45 litres, 9 litres of expansion, and 2 litres in the filler hose to where the pump nozzle cutoff.

It makes sense to me, as in many cars, the gauge never moves off full until there's a fair few miles on the trip meter.

Last edited:

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I recall reading somewhere that tanks should have a @10% expansion built into them. So at 50% full there was space for 45 litres, 9 litres of expansion, and 2 litres in the filler hose to where the pump nozzle cutoff.

It makes sense to me, as in many cars, the gauge never moves off full until there's a fair few miles on the trip meter.
Yes, I remember my 1981 Audi 80 Diesel…. Fill up tank to the collar, drive 2km home, diesel expand, because of 20 Degrees temperature difference between stock of filling station and environmental temperature, and 5l came out of overflow. Since that time I stop filling up when the nozzle stop automatically

P.S. Gasoline expands by 0.0011 times per liter and °C. --> 0.0011*45l*20C=0,99so from the 45 liters become 46l.

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
At last!!!

Diesel N1 SW. Sela Green, Inky black roof. Winch, light bar, safaris which were removed in the glorious sunshine. 10 miles on the box on pick up. Steering odd but getting used to it. Tpms error when got warm, reset and now ok. Brief transfer case warning. tried high and low locked, engaged ok, took while for electronics to ok the disengage which physically was no prob.

Attachments

• IMG_9520.jpeg
    IMG_9520.jpeg
    337.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_9521.jpeg
    IMG_9521.jpeg
    396 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_9522.jpeg
    IMG_9522.jpeg
    515.3 KB · Views: 78

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
pa, Jardines reckon software update coming next week and the chances that is more than likely is 'high'. Seemed confident. Software update to owns roughly inline with first come/first served and on a structure inline with who's had theirs longer.

Back
Top Bottom