The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

So where are all the first impressions? (right here)

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:54 AM
Reaction score
You should apply for a job in the Hambach factory quality control dept.
How long to inspect 100 cars/day?
In fact - and serious now - I was in my former life Quality Management Consultant and Maintenance Management Consultant. I was during 3,5 years Quality Manager of a factory of a Belgium multinational in Ecuador (1987-1990).

But, as a consultant I didn't do the quality control myself ... I told them how to do it: nice job, lot of different industrial environments, no responsibility, well paid ;)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:54 PM
Reaction score
In fact - and serious now - I was in my former life Quality Management Consultant and Maintenance Management Consultant. I was during 3,5 years Quality Manager of a factory of a Belgium multinational in Ecuador (1987-1990).

But, as a consultant I didn't do the quality control myself ... I told them how to do it: nice job, lot of different industrial environments, no responsibility, well paid ;)
Did the buck stop with you , or was it passed on to Higher Management?

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:54 AM
Reaction score
Third: my gasoline tank was “empty”, 0 km left. I told the adjunct of the dealer that I would drive home without refueling. He told me not to do it, “worried”. I didn’t. Tomorrow gasoline prices go down by 5 ct/l. My wife told me (when I told her at home): “are you crazy, you buy a super expensive car and you take a risk for some peanut euro’s?”. I wasn’t worried. :)

Poor form for the agent to provide the new vehicle with no fuel in the tank!
Great that you now have it though, congratulations.

My Ineos contract contained an amount of £83.34 specificifically for fuel. Do Hedin contracts not also have an amount for fuel?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:54 AM
Reaction score
My Ineos contract contained an amount of £83.34 specificifically for fuel. Do Hedin contracts not also have an amount for fuel?
I remember the handover of my Suzuki Grand Vitara 10 years ago: empty fuel thank! Seems to be a habit here!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Let’s go, my first impressions …
First: my car is a Trialmaster, Petrol, winch, Sela Green, sun roofs, tinted windows,
Second: I drove home without taking the motorway, 1 hour ride instead of 30 minutes. I drove 40 km.
Third: my gasoline tank was “empty”, 0 km left. I told the adjunct of the dealer that I would drive home without refueling. He told me not to do it, “worried”. I didn’t. Tomorrow gasoline prices go down by 5 ct/l. My wife told me (when I told her at home): “are you crazy, you buy a super expensive car and you take a risk for some peanut euro’s?”. I wasn’t worried. :)

Fourth, how was I treated?
  • The adjunct of the boss, @Rob Ceulemans , also a forum member (although not active), took his time for me. Very nice guy by the way. (y)
  • He also asked me if I had my LED “chinese beamer” in Deutsch connectors with me, and I had, to test my car and perhaps another car. Funny, don’t they have the possibility to test these connectors? :unsure::unsure:
  • I got a coffee
  • And a present … see the gift section :love:
  • Two years free “Touring Assistance” (assistance in case of breakdown), but the conditions were not provided, only the telephone numbers! (y)
  • My “legal” numberplate was mounted and also my front numberplate. I didn’t know they were providing it themselves, I had already bought one (30 €)! (y) - anyway, they should have told me!

Fifth, findings:
  • Last visit about two weeks ago: 38 km on the odometer, today 41!
  • The outside roof connector at the front right, the one rated 25 amp, that should get power with the EXT2 button, gets power with the INT1 button: WRONG WIRING? :mad:
  • @Rob Ceulemans tested this on another car with higher VIN number: this car was OK! (y)
  • The dummy plugs of the Deutsch connectors are really dummies! No metal pins inside! :rolleyes:
  • @Rob Ceulemans saw that the left windscreen washer was completely loose. He pushed it inside it’s hole, but it’s clear that I will have to watch that! :mad:
  • My left mirror cannot (at first sight) be positioned well enough in the blind spot (I like to do that in our right-handed driving country” (I have still to check that on motorways) :(
  • The altimeter at home was indicating “-7 m” while we live at about +7m above sea level. Due to weather conditions? To check! I don’t know the principle of the altimeter. :unsure:
  • I only noticed it at home, but there is indeed quite some rust on the wheel axles! :mad:
  • The “bigger back door” compartment was indeed bended outward because of too much stuff inside. :( I removed the packaging of the emergency kit, and did put it back in the compartment and it was much better.
  • I have two emergency triangles, one under the passenger seat, and another one in the back door compartment! Is this a legal requirement? :unsure:
  • Also two life vests (yellow jackets)
  • The clock of the computer was set at GMT+0 while we live in GMT+2. :(
  • The maintenance interval is set at 15000 km in my car! :unsure:
  • I had an average consumption of 14.1 l/100 km Petrol while driving home in a mixture of countryside roads (70 km/h) and city (50 km/h and 30 km/h), for a 40 km drive.
  • Copy-paste from @Arkaig: “12v & usb outlets IN CENTRAL BOX (my addition) – locations designed by an idiot, certainly lacking everyday practicality – in need of additional outlets either above or below front dash” 🤮
  • The USB connectors are slightly “horizontally” tilted, once you know it, it makes connection easier, but still difficult, as you cannot see them very well in the storage box. :(
  • Also “copy-paste”: Android auto IS NOT wireless and ONLY works through the USB-C port!
  • Connection with my Android phone was quite straightforward, but at first didn’t work; Rob restarted the car, and then the phone was recognized. :rolleyes:
  • Waze and Google maps worked, although the layout is quite different, and the speed driven and maximum speed (in Waze) are on the far edge of the screen, annoying. :(
  • There is a difference of about +3 or +4 km/h between the odometer and the GPS signal (Waze).
  • “Here WeGo” (other navigation program) didn’t appear on my car console! :(
  • Driving: I am not used to automatic gear, therefore I once tried to disengage and did put my left foot on the break. Luckily at a cross point and nobody behind me! Somebody besides me :(, my partner, during a small drive in the streets around our house.
  • Driving is nice, smooth, … :love:
  • Each serious bump on the road and the car makes its typical INEOS noise, quite annoying, I would like to switch that off. Didn’t search yet. :rolleyes:
  • I ordered cross bars and off road recovery kit: no idea when they will deliver! :mad:
That’s it for today I think! Perhaps I post some more pictures.:unsure:
Thank you very much Jean! I am glad you love the drive AND you are happy to post what needs to be looked in to! This is excellent please keep it up. Not RHD footrest though!!! You lucky bugger!
We other owners (in the future) will have a good quality list to run through by the time we get out deliveries and this information is very helpful!
Rust... that is an interesting thing on a new car...

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Gawd that's a list mate. Epic in fact. You're agent will need an ammo box full of headache pills if you're a typical owner!
When buying new - things need to be new. Let's get them Tazzie! We will have a comprehensive 'check list' to go over when our vehicles arrive here in Aus.

Reactions: Max

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am going to say it - this plastic panel looks cheap... as it looks to have that typical 'heat affected' bow as seen in the lower panel. That is what a Kia panel looked like in 2012! It should be rigid enough to have some back pressure applied (like having a few ropes and straps in there is going to bulge it out!).

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Let’s go, my first impressions …
First: my car is a Trialmaster, Petrol, winch, Sela Green, sun roofs, tinted windows,
Second: I drove home without taking the motorway, 1 hour ride instead of 30 minutes. I drove 40 km.

Fourth, how was I treated?
  • The adjunct of the boss, @Rob Ceulemans , also a forum member (although not active), took his time for me. Very nice guy by the way. (y)
  • He also asked me if I had my LED “chinese beamer” in Deutsch connectors with me, and I had, to test my car and perhaps another car. Funny, don’t they have the possibility to test these connectors? :unsure::unsure:
  • I got a coffee
  • And a present … see the gift section :love:
  • Two years free “Touring Assistance” (assistance in case of breakdown), but the conditions were not provided, only the telephone numbers! (y)
  • My “legal” numberplate was mounted and also my front numberplate. I didn’t know they were providing it themselves, I had already bought one (30 €)! (y) - anyway, they should have told me!

Fifth, findings:
  • Last visit about two weeks ago: 38 km on the odometer, today 41!
  • The outside roof connector at the front right, the one rated 25 amp, that should get power with the EXT2 button, gets power with the INT1 button: WRONG WIRING? :mad:
  • @Rob Ceulemans tested this on another car with higher VIN number: this car was OK! (y)
  • The dummy plugs of the Deutsch connectors are really dummies! No metal pins inside! :rolleyes:
  • @Rob Ceulemans saw that the left windscreen washer was completely loose. He pushed it inside it’s hole, but it’s clear that I will have to watch that! :mad:
  • My left mirror cannot (at first sight) be positioned well enough in the blind spot (I like to do that in our right-handed driving country” (I have still to check that on motorways) :(
  • The altimeter at home was indicating “-7 m” while we live at about +7m above sea level. Due to weather conditions? To check! I don’t know the principle of the altimeter. :unsure:
  • I only noticed it at home, but there is indeed quite some rust on the wheel axles! :mad:
  • The “bigger back door” compartment was indeed bended outward because of too much stuff inside. :( I removed the packaging of the emergency kit, and did put it back in the compartment and it was much better.
  • I have two emergency triangles, one under the passenger seat, and another one in the back door compartment! Is this a legal requirement? :unsure:
  • Also two life vests (yellow jackets)
  • The clock of the computer was set at GMT+0 while we live in GMT+2. :(
  • The maintenance interval is set at 15000 km in my car! :unsure:
  • I had an average consumption of 14.1 l/100 km Petrol while driving home in a mixture of countryside roads (70 km/h) and city (50 km/h and 30 km/h), for a 40 km drive.
  • Copy-paste from @Arkaig: “12v & usb outlets IN CENTRAL BOX (my addition) – locations designed by an idiot, certainly lacking everyday practicality – in need of additional outlets either above or below front dash” 🤮
  • The USB connectors are slightly “horizontally” tilted, once you know it, it makes connection easier, but still difficult, as you cannot see them very well in the storage box. :(
  • Also “copy-paste”: Android auto IS NOT wireless and ONLY works through the USB-C port!
  • Connection with my Android phone was quite straightforward, but at first didn’t work; Rob restarted the car, and then the phone was recognized. :rolleyes:
  • Waze and Google maps worked, although the layout is quite different, and the speed driven and maximum speed (in Waze) are on the far edge of the screen, annoying. :(
  • There is a difference of about +3 or +4 km/h between the odometer and the GPS signal (Waze).
  • “Here WeGo” (other navigation program) didn’t appear on my car console! :(
  • Driving: I am not used to automatic gear, therefore I once tried to disengage and did put my left foot on the break. Luckily at a cross point and nobody behind me! Somebody besides me :(, my partner, during a small drive in the streets around our house.
  • Driving is nice, smooth, … :love:
  • Each serious bump on the road and the car makes its typical INEOS noise, quite annoying, I would like to switch that off. Didn’t search yet. :rolleyes:
  • I ordered cross bars and off road recovery kit: no idea when they will deliver! :mad:
That’s it for today I think! Perhaps I post some more pictures.:unsure:
The only two things in there that would really annoy me are the switch mix up, need to get that fixed and also make sure that once the switches are swapped that it is in fact the 25amp circuit. The other one is that washer, that’s not good enough and they need to fix it properly.

Interested in what you mean by dummy Deutsche plugs surely thats just the female plug with small plugs in the pin holes to seal them. The wires must be crimped into the female pins inside the plug.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:54 AM
Reaction score
When buying new - things need to be new. Let's get them Tazzie! We will have a comprehensive 'check list' to go over when our vehicles arrive here in Aus.
That is poor form from the dealer, things like the surface rust should be picked up in the pre-delivery check and righted before handing over... same with the water jet...things happen for reasons and it could have been sitting uncovered for some time in smog rain another term is acid rain...little things make big things grow;)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
My agent is competent and will do the checking on my behalf. YMMV ;)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Funny you say that but the figure is dollars and cents in the contract and how did they arrive at that...not concerned in the slightest just curious;)
It's called a guestimate. When you sign a consent for an operation , what ends up being delivered is not necessarily what you thought would be the outcome. But you pay anyway ;)

Reactions: Max
Back
Top Bottom