The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sir Jim pours more money into Ineos Automotive.

From the Independent,

Man United owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe pours nearly £600m into his car project
Ineos Automotive, which makes the Grenadier offroader, now owes the rest of Sir Jim’s chemical-making empire €2.43bn after it borrowed €710m more

Howard Mustoe
1 day ago

Local time
6:23 PM
Reaction score
When I read this article, I couldn’t help but wonder when this investment was made. It’s definitely written as though it just happened, but as you read through it, it definitely does not clarify that.

Local time
Reaction score
Also, some thing that never really gets talked about, but always stuck in my mind from the original pre-production prototype presentation I went to was Ineos chemical having a need for utilitarian field vehicles for their oil and gas field operations.

It was estimated that they need at least 20,000 with replacements always ongoing and those were going to be grenadiers in the future, I think that’s an important key if true to the overall success

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:23 PM
Reaction score
It isn't a Chinese car indeed, with parts from Mexico, Hungary, Germany, UK, Italy, Indonesia, Spain, etc. Even something made by a Belgian multinational, but I don't know in which country.

But indeed there are also Chinese parts in the car, like in any mobile phone or electronic equipment.
See this picture I posted a long time ago:
For instance, even my seatbelts have a "made in China" label on it.
Yes, astonishingly many parts are made in China, e.g. the factory rock sliders.

Attachments

• f6a34034-d949-4c00-aef2-21974808aadf.jpg
    f6a34034-d949-4c00-aef2-21974808aadf.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 9

Toot

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Of course...and the group suffers. And reading that there was a need to fund IA again is not a good sign, at least for me

For me it seems that Ineos chemicals is shifting to the US and Asia. Ratcliffe likes Trump and maybe he hopes on his election which presumably would make his business easier. Less regulations, etc. The site which makes profit in the EU today is one which imports cheap fracking gas from the US. His son will take over more responsibilities in the US business. In Asia is this renewed partnership with Sinopec and they build plants there. There were some press releases where JR has critizized and warned the EU council.

He can not drop IA or he looses his face. 15 years ago his face was unknown even to the majority of Ineos employees, he was just "a name". Nowadays his face is so much linked to projects of his private interest, especially the Grenadier. But the chemical sites always pay. That sums up to a pretty big number...

- Hotels around the worls
- Airline
- Soccer clubs incl. ManU and OCG Nizza
- Australian All Blacks
- many land purchases on Iceland
- National Parc in Tanzania
- Formula 1 Team
- Team Britannia (€50 Mio. starting fee per year)
- Cycling Team "The Grenadiers"
- London Business School

All that was possible because the chemical section earned good money. He should be careful not to dry out his source of wealth and cut their funds off to pay his "projects". Because all above only costs money, incl. IA. The press articled referred to here shows that. Again.

AWo
😂 capital raising for new enterprises is normal. Compared to other fresh start auto companies IA seems to be doing just fine. I don’t think Jim needs any financial advice from us. If he did that would be cause for concern. And for arguments sake, he could put 90% of his net worth into IA, which, at the current rate would take many many many years- well over a decade, and he’d still be a multi billionaire in terms of GBP. All of this reads as good news and standard operating procedure to me as a finance person.

Last edited:

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:23 AM
Reaction score
Of course...and the group suffers. And reading that there was a need to fund IA again is not a good sign, at least for me

For me it seems that Ineos chemicals is shifting to the US and Asia. Ratcliffe likes Trump and maybe he hopes on his election which presumably would make his business easier. Less regulations, etc. The site which makes profit in the EU today is one which imports cheap fracking gas from the US. His son will take over more responsibilities in the US business. In Asia is this renewed partnership with Sinopec and they build plants there. There were some press releases where JR has critizized and warned the EU council.

He can not drop IA or he looses his face. 15 years ago his face was unknown even to the majority of Ineos employees, he was just "a name". Nowadays his face is so much linked to projects of his private interest, especially the Grenadier. But the chemical sites always pay. That sums up to a pretty big number...

- Hotels around the worls
- Airline
- Soccer clubs incl. ManU and OCG Nizza
- Australian All Blacks
- many land purchases on Iceland
- National Parc in Tanzania
- Formula 1 Team
- Team Britannia (€50 Mio. starting fee per year)
- Cycling Team "The Grenadiers"
- London Business School

All that was possible because the chemical section earned good money. He should be careful not to dry out his source of wealth and cut their funds off to pay his "projects". Because all above only costs money, incl. IA. The press articled referred to here shows that. Again.

AWo
Australian All Blacks? For the people of New Zealand them’s fighting words.

Back
Top Bottom