The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sir Jim pours more money into Ineos Automotive.

From the Independent,

Man United owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe pours nearly £600m into his car project
Ineos Automotive, which makes the Grenadier offroader, now owes the rest of Sir Jim’s chemical-making empire €2.43bn after it borrowed €710m more

Howard Mustoe
1 day ago

Local time
2:31 PM
Reaction score
When I read this article, I couldn’t help but wonder when this investment was made. It’s definitely written as though it just happened, but as you read through it, it definitely does not clarify that.

Local time
2:31 PM
Reaction score
Also, some thing that never really gets talked about, but always stuck in my mind from the original pre-production prototype presentation I went to was Ineos chemical having a need for utilitarian field vehicles for their oil and gas field operations.

It was estimated that they need at least 20,000 with replacements always ongoing and those were going to be grenadiers in the future, I think that’s an important key if true to the overall success

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:31 PM
Reaction score
It isn't a Chinese car indeed, with parts from Mexico, Hungary, Germany, UK, Italy, Indonesia, Spain, etc. Even something made by a Belgian multinational, but I don't know in which country.

But indeed there are also Chinese parts in the car, like in any mobile phone or electronic equipment.
See this picture I posted a long time ago:
For instance, even my seatbelts have a "made in China" label on it.
Yes, astonishingly many parts are made in China, e.g. the factory rock sliders.

Attachments

• f6a34034-d949-4c00-aef2-21974808aadf.jpg
    f6a34034-d949-4c00-aef2-21974808aadf.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom