The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:25 AM
Reaction score
Had some decent info today. (Trusted source)

Might have been mentioned before, but here we go.

The software update is two updates, one to sort out the car talking to other bits in the car, the second is to get the vehicle out of transport mode, which in some cases isn’t very successful. Apparently the back lights are staying on including brake lights, and other bits aren’t waking up.

Ineos have rejected quite a few bits from third party suppliers, one thing that was mentioned, the side strips if not fitting the side rails on the exterior. Apparently some dealers who received very early models complained about the build quality and that is what batch and hold has been about.

IA didn’t sign up the computerised DVLA registration (AFRIL or something similar), so it means IA are having to register them manually for want of a better description. IA are doing this not the agent due to the length of time it can take.

My vehicle has gone backwards, I was told it was either being built or in batch and hold over a month ago and then receivED a contract a couple of weeks later, now it’s just gone into pre-production, so I assume it was built and now IA must be dismantling it !! Or most likely no one knows what’s going on 😃

I am told that I should now expect it in May !!

Things are slipping significantly is the overall takeaway from todays conversation.

Local time
11:25 AM
Reaction score

The software update is two updates, one to sort out the car talking to other bits in the car, the second is to get the vehicle out of transport mode, which in some cases isn’t very successful. Apparently the back lights are staying on including brake lights, and other bits aren’t waking up.

Ineos have rejected quite a few bits from third party suppliers, one thing that was mentioned, the side strips if not fitting the side rails on the exterior. Apparently some dealers who received very early models complained about the build quality and that is what batch and hold has been about.

IA didn’t sign up the computerised DVLA registration (AFRIL or something similar), so it means IA are having to register them manually for want of a better description. IA are doing this not the agent due to the length of time it can take.

My vehicle has gone backwards, I was told it was either being built or in batch and hold over a month ago and then receivED a contract a couple of weeks later, now it’s just gone into pre-production, so I assume it was built and now IA must be dismantling it !! Or most likely no one knows what’s going on 😃

Things are slipping significantly is the overall takeaway from todays conversation.
Heard the same AFRIL thing also the software patch was due ti idle stabilisation for emissions may we know what type of Grenadier you have on order so we can compare notes .

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Thanks, most interesting. Nice to hear some detail around the fabled software update. Also, I haven't heard of IA using the term "pre-production" before, any indication what that actually entails, requsitioning parts ahead of the build maybe?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Heard the same AFRIL thing also the software patch was due ti idle stabilisation for emissions may we know what type of Grenadier you have on order so we can compare notes .

Yes, that was mentioned as well.

I have ordered a Donny grey, Trialmaster in petrol. Side steps, elec seats, 17” alloys, tow bar, tinted windows and the saddle leather s/wheel.

Bizarrely the local dealer reckons they have a real mixture of colours and a lot more commercials over passenger variants but 50/50 on fuel types. I think he said only two out of the ten he looked at were Belstaff models and only another two were two seat variants.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks, most interesting. Nice to hear some detail around the fabled software update. Also, I haven't heard of IA using the term "pre-production" before, any indication what that actually entails, requsitioning parts ahead of the build maybe?

If I didn’t know better I would say that’s technical speak for…they haven’t built it yet !!

Essentially apart from the few, we are all in pre-preduction. I might look stupid but I didn’t just fall out of the sky. I can smell BS from a 100 yards and can read people like a book. It’s my job !!

Like most things when people don’t want to tell you everything. A web of lies held together with a few truths. 😃

Local time
Reaction score
If I didn’t know better I would say that’s technical speak for…they haven’t built it yet !!

Essentially apart from the few, we are all in pre-preduction. I might look stupid but I didn’t just fall out of the sky. I can smell BS from a 100 yards and can read people like a book. It’s my job !!

Like most things when people don’t want to tell you everything. A web of lies held together with a few truths. 😃
I bet that poor Lynn Calder has aged 10years after picking up this bag of nails. Who was previously in charge of the; car -> agent -> customer supply solution.....as I assume the original person can't still be employed by IA!

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Agreed they are great and very helpful.
Where are you in terms of delivery or have GC got it?
I went to the Chiswick branch on the 10th April already with my mind made up.
I think I saw a post from Bucks with a note that theirs had arrived and awaiting software update.
I'm assuming that is Gerrards Cross as I didn't dee a silver one as part of the 8 Chiswick had.
I did however see the IA guys with laptops in the cars so I think things are very close now 🤞 🤞 🤞
According to GC mine is built and currently 'parked' at Hambach awaiting ???
I have asked GC to let me know when being shipped / arrived with them so that at
least I can visit. My order is Britannia Blue.

Annee Grenadier_girl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just been in to see my Agent / Dealer as passing.
They are really nice guys / super helpful and showed me round their delivery section.
They have 8 customer cars all awaiting hand over and given their new car experience, confirm they are all extremely well built and have zero defects.
There was by chance an Ineos engineer on site doing software upgrades.
Whilst the agent is still not permitted to do any handovers he seemed to indicate they may be released within the next week (not guaranteed).
Mine is built and hopefully being delivered within the next two weeks 🤞🤞🤞.
The agent is very wary of giving specific dates to customers as the process is still clearly fragile and "out of their hands".
Is that Portsmouth Paul ? Same dealer as me....I feel for them both, having to put up with me calling and moaning every few days.

Local time
Reaction score
Is that Portsmouth Paul ? Same dealer as me....I feel for them both, having to put up with me calling and moaning every few days.
Just heard from Endeavour GC. Delay is due to a required software update they’re waiting on from Ineos. No idea on timeframes but can’t release cars until implemented and approved

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I think you are spot on here, I suspect some of the january builds and all of the february builds have not been built.

We don't know which parts have been found to be substandard. So we don't know where on the vehicle these are located. If it was a 10 minute job to replace at the dealership or in batch and hold than they could probably keep production running full tilt. But if its buried deep in the vehicle somewhere, retro-fitting could cost IA a fortune, so its quite possible that they aren't building any cars at all right now. Who knows??
In terms of my own I have now been promised a call back tomorrow morning with some answers.
I think they have totally misread the mood of their customers based on the members on here. Most seem happy to wait, we just want to know how long for!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Who was previously in charge of the; car -> agent -> customer supply solution.....as I assume the original person can't still be employed by IA!
Well it seems Tennant is carrying the can...

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We were all promised an update by today from the email of 23rd Feb.
It’s pretty poor that IA are not grasping that Gren buyers are not typical bmw/Mercedes/Land Rover buyers. I believe we’re a pragmatic, practical bunch and with a reasonable mechanical understanding of both the car and how it’s made.
Perhaps IA fear coming clean of the issues they’re clearly having and how we’d react. I believe they’re better off being honest with us and getting our buy in and sympathy with the huge challenges that face a new start up.
Having worked for one of the largest manufacturers, they do go for “mushroom communication“ and fear adverse pr on product. Keeping us in the dark and or feeding us bs is not what Sir Jim set out, and I’d dare to say that most of us bought in to his vision and up to autumn last year, communications were pretty good. On the whole, it’s pretty average.

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
According to GC mine is built and currently 'parked' at Hambach awaiting ???
I have asked GC to let me know when being shipped / arrived with them so that at
least I can visit. My order is Britannia Blue.
Just seen a few posts on FB to indicate GC had a delivery today.
1st Belstaff deliveries i noticed.
Hope yours and mine turns up shortly.
Next week I’m hoping 🤞🤞

Back
Top Bottom