The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:27 PM
Reaction score
I’ve spoken to them twice this week, they had 48 hours before I said I would make an official complaint. When the time elapsed I got back in touch and they asked for another 24 hours. Which means they need to get back to me today.
To be fair to Ineos I think the customer service staff are very good, they answer the phone promptly, and are polite and courteous. The problem is they simply don't know anything. Which is not their fault.
If they could say ‘ah yes, I have checked your order, -the vehicle is in production or the vehicle is in batch and hold or the vehicle is in transport-‘ or whatever the case may be I think the vast majority of us would be happy with that. Its knowing nothing and therefore having no idea when your vehicle may arrive that is so frustrating.

To

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:27 AM
Reaction score
I chatted with Ineos this morning, the friendly lady apologized but couldn't do ANYTHING! tell me about my order number. I should contact my dealer. I did that yesterday. Also unsuccessful. I have to admit that I'm starting to get sick of waiting and I'm thinking of plan B with another vehicle. :-(
Great! Give me your contract, because i need a second Grenadier.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer has just rung me to tell me that my Grenadier is marked ready for "Transport" from Hambach. They have been advised to be ready to receive it and he is muttering that they have been ready since June!

He also made a throwaway comment about the software update, "idle stabilisation, to keep emissions low", anyway supposed not to be a big deal. More irritating, I cannot put my personal plate on from day one, it will have a "23" plate on first.
Why can't they put your plate on? Never heard of a dealer refusing, unless they are pe-registering. Bizarre!

On a positive - good to know it's on its way!

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:27 AM
Reaction score
Paul - may I ask is your dealer Endeavour at Gerrards Cross ?

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:27 PM
Reaction score
I am sure Ineos understands very well what happens if these things, being well documented, hit news channels and magazines. I therefore trust this being something that can be solved by escalation to the right person in Ineos.

It feels very little people actually have a solid understanding on where production and handover is at. Frustration is all over. From us via the customer service and dealers up to country managers.

After all going back to the end of the queue might be same delivery month as the first one in line.

Nobody knows.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If they could say ‘ah yes, I have checked your order, -the vehicle is in production or the vehicle is in batch and hold or the vehicle is in transport-‘ or whatever the case may be I think the vast majority of us would be happy with that. Its knowing nothing and therefore having no idea when your vehicle may arrive that is so frustrating.
Hasn't it been obvious for awhile that Ineos' IT setup has been failing them badly? There really don't seem to be systems for remote access/interrogation for vehicle tracking purposes. At least not to a reliable standard.

So to get the information you want may require a high level of manual intervention ~ telephone calls or emails to even track down a person who can access the appropriate local system to see if your vehicle is there or not. All the time taking them off the task that may well be helping get your vehicle closer to you.

At the moment if they told you it was in production, or batch & hold, you still would not be any clearer in terms of time as to when your vehicle may arrive.

I'm trading off not knowing where my vehicle is, with the fact (or maybe hope) if you leave them alone to crack on with things then it can only get to me quicker.

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm with Gerrards Cross but met Mark at Chiswick last April and found him to be very keen informed and helpful.
Hope all goes well for you.
Agreed they are great and very helpful.
Where are you in terms of delivery or have GC got it?
I went to the Chiswick branch on the 10th April already with my mind made up.
I think I saw a post from Bucks with a note that theirs had arrived and awaiting software update.
I'm assuming that is Gerrards Cross as I didn't dee a silver one as part of the 8 Chiswick had.
I did however see the IA guys with laptops in the cars so I think things are very close now 🤞 🤞 🤞

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good news (for me). Just had an email from JT Hughes to say my car is built and awaiting transport to uk, vin number ends 000697. Website shows car as "in production" still.
I can remember a thread on the forum where the full breakdown of the Vin number was explained, but can't seem to locate it, may have been you DCPU?
Anyone know where 000697 is in the "pecking order"?

G-Man

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Good news (for me). Just had an email from JT Hughes to say my car is built and awaiting transport to uk, vin number ends 000697. Website shows car as "in production" still.
I can remember a thread on the forum where the full breakdown of the Vin number was explained, but can't seem to locate it, may have been you DCPU?

So petrol or diesel?

https://www.theineosforum.com/threa...ry-petrol-or-diesel.12411592/#post-1333158810

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
👍

If numbering is sequential then it's decently early ~ you're a member of the "Triple Digit Club".

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hasn't it been obvious for awhile that Ineos' IT setup has been failing them badly? There really don't seem to be systems for remote access/interrogation for vehicle tracking purposes. At least not to a reliable standard.

So to get the information you want may require a high level of manual intervention ~ telephone calls or emails to even track down a person who can access the appropriate local system to see if your vehicle is there or not. All the time taking them off the task that may well be helping get your vehicle closer to you.

At the moment if they told you it was in production, or batch & hold, you still would not be any clearer in terms of time as to when your vehicle may arrive.

I'm trading off not knowing where my vehicle is, with the fact (or maybe hope) if you leave them alone to crack on with things then it can only get to me quicker.
I think you are spot on with your analysis in terms of the IT problem, however some basic information would be useful. So if you know it hasn't entered production then you can be pretty sure you won't see it for at least 3 months. This would allow the customer some degree of forward planning, conversely if you are told it is in transport then you could reasonably expect to see it within a few weeks, (notwithstanding the current issues).. Right now I don't know if I'm getting it next week or next september!

Annee Grenadier_girl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I chatted with Ineos this morning, the friendly lady apologized but couldn't do ANYTHING! tell me about my order number. I should contact my dealer. I did that yesterday. Also unsuccessful. I have to admit that I'm starting to get sick of waiting and I'm thinking of plan B with another vehicle. :-(
I feel exactly the same but cannot think of any other vehicle that would suit, fortunately I could buy anything I wanted but I want the Grenadier.

Back
Top Bottom