The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:14 AM
Reaction score
From the Sale Agreement …

“20.1 The Purchaser agrees to register the Vehicle its name in the jurisdiction of the Point of Delivery on or prior to delivery.”
That's an interesting statement, as Ineos are registering vehicles. Yet another thing we've all agreed to do but is not possible; or can you take the vehicle unregistered but with all the paperwork to register it yourself later?

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That is a great article about nothing.
I am very surprised that Justin commented directly about the customer and that leads me to believe he is very confident he has done everything to help the customer that he actually can.
He can't give the customer an exact delivery date if there isn't one.
we might not like that but it is a plain and simple fact.

View attachment 7806518
I wonder what these additional complexities are?
View attachment 7806520
Toyota has been making the Landcruiser since 1954 and even they are saying,
We don't know when you will get your order
It may be different to what you actually ordered
It may be at a different price to when you ordered it, but we don't know what that will be.

View attachment 7806521
View attachment 7806519
Toyota... and I hate to give them credit for this - have been stating for quite some time that new orders 'will be delayed' no matter what. No hiding from it and no promised dates. Two friends of mine have purchased the LC300 new and both had wait times of about 7-8months and they were advised ad time of order it would be 9 months. So, ultimately, they got their car 'on time'. Another bought 2nd hand recently so that was easy.

INEOS have not said that my order will be late and sending out a generic video stating that 'we are ramping back up production' and then going in to radio silence is what has frustrated most complainants. Toyota supply issues is based on 'global' demand being higher than the quantum of vehicles that they can actually produce in the period, not a delay based on a reservation and pre-ordered vehicle that is being delivered to this 'set number' of people. This is a chalk and cheese comparison IA v Toyota and both are working on different production outcomes and deliverables.

Still waiting for any update on my order. IA site/HUB shows nothing other than ordered...

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:14 PM
Reaction score
In Soviet Russia it was usual behaviour for someone to join a queue, and then enquire as to what the people were queuing for.
So we've got it better than them. Sucks to be in a stable democracy huh?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Toyota... and I hate to give them credit for this - have been stating for quite some time that new orders 'will be delayed' no matter what. No hiding from it and no promised dates. Two friends of mine have purchased the LC300 new and both had wait times of about 7-8months and they were advised ad time of order it would be 9 months. So, ultimately, they got their car 'on time'. Another bought 2nd hand recently so that was easy.

INEOS have not said that my order will be late and sending out a generic video stating that 'we are ramping back up production' and then going in to radio silence is what has frustrated most complainants. Toyota supply issues is based on 'global' demand being higher than the quantum of vehicles that they can actually produce in the period, not a delay based on a reservation and pre-ordered vehicle that is being delivered to this 'set number' of people. This is a chalk and cheese comparison IA v Toyota and both are working on different production outcomes and deliverables.

Still waiting for any update on my order. IA site/HUB shows nothing other than ordered...
So Ineos should not promise a delivery date or they should say 9 months or 12 months and then if they deliver earlier they are great.
Ineos have said numerous times that everyone's order will be late
If I was Ineos I would say deliveries are 12 months from today regardless of when you ordered.
I am not part of Ineos, and also waiting for my vehicle, but really I think some people are not working in reality.
They told me they would update me when mine is ready.
Ok
I wait for them to update me.
if I am not happy with this I will cancel my order and move on
Not whine and moan and gripe every second day

Last edited:

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We want to make sure you’re always up to date with everything Grenadier, so here’s an update from our CEO, Lynn Calder.

In this latest bulletin, Lynn talks to you from the production facility in Hambach where the Grenadier is being built. She shares the latest on the final stages of Grenadier production and how meeting the highest quality standards remains our top priority. Plus, some exciting Grenadier news to look out for in the coming weeks.

If you have the email sent to you with Lynn's update, watch it again...nowhere does she state an update in 2 weeks...it is written above of news in coming weeks...that was the reviews...unfortunately we are overloaded with information that is not always true and start to believe it...is false a real word?...I don't know anymore...patience and happy motoring soon I hope ;)
I am just saying that INEOS said they would update in 2 weeks. and someone forgot to put a reminder in a calender.

Here is a cut & paste of the 24 Feb INEOS email, with my highlight:

"We know how frustrating the wait must be, and we want nothing more than to see you, our customers, behind the wheels of your Grenadiers. We’ll continue to keep you updated with news on your Grenadier. And, as part of our commitment to communicate more frequently, we’ll share another update in two weeks’ time. But, of course, if you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe it’s just a simple slip of the tongue 🤔. In two weeks was meant to be two months.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So Ineos should not promise a delivery date or they should say 9 months or 12 months and then if they deliver earlier they are great.
Ineos have said numerous times that everyone's order will be late
If I was Ineos I would say deliveries are 12 months from today regardless of when you ordered.
I am not part of Ineos, and also waiting for my vehicle, but really I think some people are not working in reality.
They told me they would update me when mine is ready.
Ok
I wait for them to update me.
if I am not happy with this I will cancel my order and move on
Not whine and moan and gripe every second day
If they promise a date, then they should be obligated to advise a new date OR simply advise they hit some hurdles and expect delays of XvX time... ignorant silence is not good business. Two+ weeks late on a promise of an update is also poor business.
If I was to knowingly deliver a project ($20M worth) late, but in the lead up to that date had stated "Hey I know we are late and ill update you about your late project later", but then furthered the issue by 'laying silent': - I would have been fired. 100% categorically fired.

Not saying you're not wrong as we can all have a modest viewpoint, but it is very poor business to lay silent. People DO have plans for this vehicle and all we want is some honesty - right now we have lateness on delivery, lateness on a promised update et al.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:14 AM
Reaction score
You may have missed an email @Max. The one I received on the 27/2/23 (Title: Your latest Grenadier update) stated in the last paragraph "And, as part of our commitment to communicate more frequently, we’ll share another update in two weeks’ time. But, of course, if you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch."
I didn't miss that email... I was just stating that Lynn didn't say that there was going to be an update in two weeks time...please be careful to read who stated that before you make a judgment of my missing something ...thank you for your continued support, The Grenadier team... is the finishing line to your quote above.

We know how frustrating the wait must be, and we want nothing more than to see you, our customers, behind the wheels of your Grenadiers. We’ll continue to keep you updated with news on your Grenadier. And, as part of our commitment to communicate more frequently, we’ll share another update in two weeks’ time. But, of course, if you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch.

Thank you for your continued support,

The Grenadier team

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Second statement...I am just saying that INEOS said they would update in 2 weeks. and someone forgot to put a reminder in a calender.

First statement...For me, the continuing mental burden of delay (and come on Lynne Calder, almost 4 weeks ago you promised an UPDATE IN 2 WEEKS)
Thanks for changing your tune, because Lynn Calder didn't say anything of the kind and it just makes the point that we have to be careful of being factual or what is the point of having a forum?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
You are all old and wise enough to never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Whilst I can see the point of some people, that they have ordered and it will turn up when it turns up, others have plans based on what Ineos told them, so they too have a valid reason for more negative comments.

Like we have all said, we are currently going round in circles and starting to get frustrated with each other, in the absence of any news being released.

I can understand anyone who walks away at this time, and I too would be tempted had I not recently signed a contract. I will be giving it a few more weeks and looking into whether that contract still stands and also looking at alternatives just in case.

I am firmly sat on the fence at the minute, and was perfectly fine with it all until my built vehicle turned out to still be a pile of parts at the factory, that has irked me tbh.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So on 8th March, prior to signing my contract I was told the car is built and in batch and hold. Contract signed, messages became mixed and now confirmed. They haven’t built it yet. I’d like to think they didn’t lead me down the garden path to make sure I didn’t back out of signing…

8AB02614-BD19-496E-ACCC-6AF6292D8B65.png

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:14 AM
Reaction score
Negative test:

Somebody has the car sitting at the dealer whilst system indicates it has not been build?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So on 8th March, prior to signing my contract I was told the car is built and in batch and hold. Contract signed, messages became mixed and now confirmed. They haven’t built it yet. I’d like to think they didn’t lead me down the garden path to make sure I didn’t back out of signing…

View attachment 7806571
Or it had been built, failed "batch and hold" QC inspection in A big way. So building you another one!

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
OK, been thinking much more about our situation.

FACT: Many Grenadier's are built. Some are at dealers others at Hambach.
FACT: Potential owners know that their vehicle is built.
FACT: There is a problem preventing sale of said vehicle. Highly likely to be a SOFTWARE issue.
FACT: It's now mid March and production has been in progress for many months.
FACT: INEOS is hemorrhaging cash at a tremendous rate with unsold vehicles piling up.
UNKNOWN: When will the software patch be available to resolve the problem?
GUESS: Once software patch is known, an army of engineers will be diverted to fix all vehicles in a timely manner. Therefore, I would assume all vehicles will be released quickly.
CONCERN: At the present rate of software rectification, we may not see our vehicles for weeks.
CONCERN: The patch is insufficient and our vehicles fail after delivery.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

FACT: There is a problem preventing sale of said vehicle. Highly likely to be a SOFTWARE issue.
FACT: INEOS is hemorrhaging cash at a tremendous rate with unsold vehicles piling up.
GUESS: Once software patch is known, an army of engineers will be diverted to fix all vehicles in a timely manner. Therefore, I would assume all vehicles will be released quickly.
CONCERN: At the present rate of software rectification, we may not see our vehicles for weeks.
According to the Wall Street Journal 19march thread , Sir Jim was quoted as saying deliveries start this month so hopefully Ineos are on top of any issues

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Ineos spend £5bn buying Man United to console themselves at hemorrhaging cash.
They are talking about increasing their £4.5bn offer as are the Saudis

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I'm confident this thread will reach 100 pages and thus create a longstanding forum record, possibly never to be beaten!
We should be proud of such an achievement. It's taken a fair amount of effort so far, even though it has been fruitless.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm confident this thread will reach 100 pages and thus create a longstanding forum record, possibly never to be beaten!
We should be proud of such an achievement. It's taken a fair amount of effort so far, even though it has been fruitless.
no Tazzieman - not fruitless - this thread is important because it's a form of therapy - allowing members to vent, release their frustrations, then relax and carry on with life

Back
Top Bottom