The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:32 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to sell or auction off their reservation? At this rate, it will be 2025 before I'll get a vehicle. I'm all for patience but not sure this is gonna be worth it.
I heard from an acquaintance that people were able to auction a new defender build slot for 2-5 times the initial deposit?

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to sell or auction off their reservation? At this rate, it will be 2025 before I'll get a vehicle. I'm all for patience but not sure this is gonna be worth it.
From the Deposit terms and conditions …

“Your Deposit Payment and build slot is not transferable or assignable to another person or party without the prior written consent of INEOS (which can be withheld in INEOS’ absolute discretion). If we become aware that you have transferred, or attempted to transfer, your Deposit Payment and/or build slot without our permission, we reserve the right to: (i) terminate this agreement (ii) cancel the build slot and (iii) retain your Deposit Payment.”

From the Sale Agreement …

“20.1 The Purchaser warrants that it will be the end-user of the Vehicle and is not a professional reseller or dealer. The Purchaser agrees to register the Vehicle its name in the jurisdiction of the Point of Delivery on or prior to delivery. If INEOS forms the view (acting reasonably) that the Purchaser intends to acquire the Vehicle for the purposes of resale, INEOS may immediately terminate the order, this Agreement and any other pending orders in the name of the Purchaser or its affiliates. In the event of termination on these grounds, INEOS will refund the Deposit to the Purchaser.”

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think the only practical way you could do this is enter a private agreement to transfer the vehicle post delivery. But you would still have to pay for it and take delivery

Local time
3:32 AM
Reaction score
I think the only practical way you could do this is enter a private agreement to transfer the vehicle post delivery. But you would still have to pay for it and take delivery
I became so dissatisfied with the delays, plus other concerns, that I decided to back out. Did I reclaim my deposit or decide to keep the order and sell it on at a profit? As an almost consistent loser at any form of gambling (a great way to avoid gambling addiction) I decided to reclaim my deposit rather than make a loss on buying then sellling. So, here is the dilemma. Will you do the same (bearing mind I usually make the wrong decision) or pay for the eventual product and hope to sell at a profit to prove me wrong? Bear in mind that my rare gambling goes right!

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:32 AM
Reaction score
I became so dissatisfied with the delays, plus other concerns, that I decided to back out. Did I reclaim my deposit or decide to keep the order and sell it on at a profit? As an almost consistent loser at any form of gambling (a great way to avoid gambling addiction) I decided to reclaim my deposit rather than make a loss on buying then sellling. So, here is the dilemma. Will you do the same (bearing mind I usually make the wrong decision) or pay for the eventual product and hope to sell at a profit to prove me wrong? Bear in mind that my rare gambling goes right!
I’ll stick with it…. Pain is temporary as they say.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I respect everyone's decision.

For me, the continuing mental burden of delay (and come on Lynne Calder, almost 4 weeks ago you promised an UPDATE IN 2 WEEKS) will be quickly forgotten with my hands on the saddle leather.

We want to make sure you’re always up to date with everything Grenadier, so here’s an update from our CEO, Lynn Calder.

In this latest bulletin, Lynn talks to you from the production facility in Hambach where the Grenadier is being built. She shares the latest on the final stages of Grenadier production and how meeting the highest quality standards remains our top priority. Plus, some exciting Grenadier news to look out for in the coming weeks.

If you have the email sent to you with Lynn's update, watch it again...nowhere does she state an update in 2 weeks...it is written above of news in coming weeks...that was the reviews...unfortunately we are overloaded with information that is not always true and start to believe it...is false a real word?...I don't know anymore...patience and happy motoring soon I hope ;)

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:32 PM
Reaction score
We want to make sure you’re always up to date with everything Grenadier, so here’s an update from our CEO, Lynn Calder.

In this latest bulletin, Lynn talks to you from the production facility in Hambach where the Grenadier is being built. She shares the latest on the final stages of Grenadier production and how meeting the highest quality standards remains our top priority. Plus, some exciting Grenadier news to look out for in the coming weeks.

If you have the email sent to you with Lynn's update, watch it again...nowhere does she state an update in 2 weeks...it is written above of news in coming weeks...that was the reviews...unfortunately we are overloaded with information that is not always true and start to believe it...is false a real word?...I don't know anymore...patience and happy motoring soon I hope ;)
You may have missed an email @Max. The one I received on the 27/2/23 (Title: Your latest Grenadier update) stated in the last paragraph "And, as part of our commitment to communicate more frequently, we’ll share another update in two weeks’ time. But, of course, if you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch."

Local time
Reaction score
my .02

No one can prove you wrong on the right decision you've made for yourself - which it sounds like it was.

Re-selling for profit is just talk at this point, without mentioning (again) the elephant in the room...

You have something better - money in your pocket.

You wrote you usually lose on gambling. In contrast, I'll venture you know (or know of) folks who "always win". Everything was on sale or a deal. Stock market, salary, housing, the horses ... never lose - well, maybe not on the horses but they're "still ahead for the season").

They even walk straight into the Dr's office without waiting. We're all so happy for them !!

But you have to do you. And remember, you made the right call at the time, never mind hindsight. There's no joy to be found on coulda/shoulda street.

So walk on, you're a free man now.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don't know if this refers to one of our esteemed forum members.. This is a couple of months old.... but the estimate that deliveries.... to begin in earnest second quarter 2023 seems consistent.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Don't know if this refers to one of our esteemed forum members.. This is a couple of months old.... but the estimate that deliveries.... to begin in earnest second quarter 2023 seems consistent.

He wasn't too pleased the journalist blabbed a private conversation....

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

That is a great article about nothing.
I am very surprised that Justin commented directly about the customer and that leads me to believe he is very confident he has done everything to help the customer that he actually can.
He can't give the customer an exact delivery date if there isn't one.
we might not like that but it is a plain and simple fact.

1679204477693.png
I wonder what these additional complexities are?
1679204814161.png
Toyota has been making the Landcruiser since 1954 and even they are saying,
We don't know when you will get your order
It may be different to what you actually ordered
It may be at a different price to when you ordered it, but we don't know what that will be.

1679204974778.png
1679204752961.png

Back
Top Bottom