The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:26 PM
Reaction score
Uk spec cruiser invincible roughly same price as grenadier i was looking at the reviews today but I've watched this show from beginning and love the story as much as the vehicle so im staying put
I looked at the UK LC Invincible but at the time I was told 12 month for delivery. And I prefer the Grenadier so sticking with it. So if it takes the 12 months to deliver the Grenadier I'm in no worse position.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Uk spec cruiser invincible roughly same price as grenadier i was looking at the reviews today but I've watched this show from beginning and love the story as much as the vehicle so im staying put
Can't tow 3.5 tons unfortunately, so out of the question for me!

would have to be Hilux, used 200 or import 70...

all have their drawbacks

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had a very productive chat with someone from higher up in the Grenadier Customer Services team today after I wrote them a letter last week. I was able to get more information on my build date, (should be soon, maybe within 2 weeks). Also he was fairly sure that the existing customer vehicles at the dealerships would be released imminently, so that particular backlog may be coming to an end. The anticipated time from build to delivery will come down to 3-5 weeks which is also good. So my (hopefully) March build might be with me early May… not counting any chickens yet but feeling a little more positive. I should have more precise information on Wednesday. I was also able to iron out a couple of inconsistencies with my order before the contract is drawn up so hopefully no problems there!

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I had a very productive chat with someone from higher up in the Grenadier Customer Services team today after I wrote them a letter last week. I was able to get more information on my build date, (should be soon, maybe within 2 weeks). Also he was fairly sure that the existing customer vehicles at the dealerships would be released imminently, so that particular backlog may be coming to an end. The anticipated time from build to delivery will come down to 3-5 weeks which is also good. So my (hopefully) March build might be with me early May… not counting any chickens yet but feeling a little more positive. I should have more precise information on Wednesday. I was also able to iron out a couple of inconsistencies with my order before the contract is drawn up so hopefully no problems there!
Sounds promising Tom.

Local time
9:26 PM
Reaction score
Am I the only one who is slowly but surly getting tired of waiting?
I have to admit that from time to time I think whether I should just quit my order.
Do I need a psychologist?
Well seeing that I placed an order in the first couple of days of the offering from Grenadier. I also followed their concept for a further six months. I would have thought I would have been included in the first shipment in April. But alas it is not to be
BEMAX hang in there as an order now will cost an additional 18 k and you have saved another 12k on the removal of the luxury tax. I was hoping for a delivery for my 70 birthday now fingers crossed for 71 st.
Is there not a saying that good things come to those who wait grasshopper.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well seeing that I placed an order in the first couple of days of the offering from Grenadier. I also followed their concept for a further six months. I would have thought I would have been included in the first shipment in April. But alas it is not to be
BEMAX hang in there as an order now will cost an additional 18 k and you have saved another 12k on the removal of the luxury tax. I was hoping for a delivery for my 70 birthday now fingers crossed for 71 st.
Is there not a saying that good things come to those who wait grasshopper.
Please let mine arrive before end of AUGUST!!!

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Because they haven't fixed the footrest, wipers and the gear shift knob... pretty simple
They are on the boat to Australia, according to an INEOS rep I spoke to yesterday at Purnell Motors Sydney.

No mention of numbers or which port, but he did talk about Port Melbourne experiencing delays clearing cars through customs (all brands).

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You have ordered the lemon version?
It will take at least another year after that to fix the footrest, wipers and gear shift knob 😁
They cannot fix the footrest - ill deal with the rest as 'look the other way'! Lemons are the ones on the 1st boat LOL! I firmly believe that by the time they build mine, they will be 100% Quality Checked, software bugs ironed out, new parts which are superior to batch 1 will be installed etc etc!!!

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They cannot fix the footrest - ill deal with the rest as 'look the other way'! Lemons are the ones on the 1st boat LOL! I firmly believe that by the time they build mine, they will be 100% Quality Checked, software bugs ironed out, new parts which are superior to batch 1 will be installed etc etc!!!
I thought the bugs were the problem at Australian ports unloading new cars

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:26 PM
Reaction score
...I firmly believe that by the time they build mine, they will be 100% Quality Checked, software bugs ironed out, new parts which are superior to batch 1 will be installed etc etc!!!
...or, by then, they will have figured out the first cost saving potentials and overshoot in the attempt to make it more commercially feasible.
Not unusual.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Well if you ordered before the 10% price rise you might be ahead...if not , at least I'm cashed up and ready to make lemonade from the lemon!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Reminds me of the time my mother leapt out of our holiday hire car in Jamaica while it was still moving. There was a scorpion in the footwell.
She wouldn't enjoy living at our place. Every week at least 1 huntsman spider makes an appearance , under the visor , in the footwell or door jamb.
You just live with them and they leave you alone.
Phobias are dangerous.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
...or, by then, they will have figured out the first cost saving potentials and overshoot in the attempt to make it more commercially feasible.
Not unusual.
Hm Jose Ignacio Lopez The Slayer from Wolfsburg.. and GM and the usual qs issues by poor quality supply chain. Dont think so at Ineos. Better wait.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:26 AM
Reaction score
She wouldn't enjoy living at our place. Every week at least 1 huntsman spider makes an appearance , under the visor , in the footwell or door jamb.
You just live with them and they leave you alone.
Phobias are dangerous.
Is that happening in all your cars or just one...and if only one is it a diesel?...just curious...cheers

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Hm Jose Ignacio Lopez The Slayer from Wolfsburg.. and GM and the usual qs issues by poor quality supply chain. Dont think so at Ineos. Better wait.
Yes, let's see. In general, I'm no pessimist.

I'm an optimist with experience of life.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Is that happening in all your cars or just one...and if only one is it a diesel?...just curious...cheers
No diesels here...all our cars , from '64 Fiat to '23 Volvo
We live in the bush , which helps.

Back
Top Bottom