The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Local time
1:26 PM
Reaction score
Well, my Toyota Hilux that was ordered end of Summer 2021 is still not here. Originally spring 22, then Oct 22, then Dec 22, then Feb 23, it was coming last week, I rang the dealer on the eta date and its now April, he didn't say which year though! So its not just Ineos, still plenty of problems getting hold of very established decent vehicles.

However i know someone who went and ordered a Jeep wrangler last week and they said its coming next month, must be a shite vehicle to get hold of it that quick!!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:26 PM
Reaction score
Unless someone on here has a direct email to the CEO, I don't see this being sorted in time. Because they slept on this for so long and customer service advised I would get a new contract, I only have until Friday the 10th to get a contract signed in order to keep my place
E-mail addresses of the Ineos Grenadier team are easy as far as I know: first name DOT last name @ ineos DOT com
I contacted successfully 3 people in the past (for solving my early payment problem). I would guess the CEO has exactly the same format, as she belongs already quite longer to Ineos.

To

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:26 AM
Reaction score
E-mail addresses of the Ineos Grenadier team are easy as far as I know: first name DOT last name @ ineos DOT com
I contacted successfully 3 people in the past (for solving my early payment problem). I would guess the CEO has exactly the same format, as she belongs already quite longer to Ineos.
Have you been able to solve the problem with the windshield wiper on your vehicle?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think we have to be honest here - we were always going to be eventually treated as "numbers". No company can afford to treat this many people as "important individuals".
That rather depends on how many of us are made into "important individuals" by Ineos cocking up our orders so badly.

Most of us, and those that follow, should only have 5 or 6 touch points with Ineos and their agent, if the view, test drive, configure, order, pay, deliver process is run efficiently (and by efficiently I include dealing with the inevitable delays and informing customers accordingly).

So Ineos are entirely responsible for creating "this many" "important individuals" and should take real ownership of sorting the problems out.
This means that policies are made to suit the business, not the customers
Without customers...
- and all employees, agents etc have to abide by these.
Not true for many companies, there should always be flexibility. In fact, Ineos has a dedicated manager who is tasked with fulfiling "out of process requests":

IMG_20230308_104251.png

You just have to extended the definition of a VIP to include a customer who you have initially failed badly. Get things just right for them and they usually become one of the best unpaid advocates for your brand.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:26 PM
Reaction score
Sooo, is it sir.jim.ratcliffe@ or just jim.ratcliffe@ ? Or perhaps james. ?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
By the sound of what has happened Overlanplus, I think the email address you are best using is;

shit.show@ineos.com

I would like to believe that a company who have set themselves up as an internet based sales company, couldn’t possibly get so many mistakes in one order. It’s not like some poor overworked picker at Amazon has accidentally picked up the wrong thing and stuffed it in an envelope is it.

I would advise anyone who is still waiting for a contract to contact their agent and go through the specs on THEIR system, as I can tell you now, what ever is written in your account won’t be turning up unless it matches the agents and therefore Ineos build sheet.

My contract is totally different to what my online spec is !!

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just got a quote on a 79 series Toyota DCPU. Brand new RHD from factory in Japan Arab spec import, no EGR, no DPF, No adblue. 23 plate uk registered. Here in 8 weeks..£70k…. I have to say I’m tempted…. No manufacturers warranty, parts availability might be iffy…. But even so.…. Its a proper sounding v8…

I wouldn’t cancel my order as I could likely flip the grenadier for a profit.. I’m really torn now..

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just got a quote on a 79 series Toyota DCPU. Brand new RHD from factory in Japan Arab spec import, no EGR, no DPF, No adblue. 23 plate uk registered. Here in 8 weeks..£70k…. I have to say I’m tempted…. No manufacturers warranty, parts availability might be iffy…. But even so.…. Its a proper sounding v8…

I wouldn’t cancel my order as I could likely flip the grenadier for a profit.. I’m really torn now..
Nice problem to have! I'm sure you've thought of this but the non-Euro6 diesel is unlikely to be be compliant with any of the new low emission zones (or whatever they are called) that are being planned. Obviously not a problem if you've no need to enter them. Good luck with your decision (y)

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Yep, it is a contender for sure.

Don’t know where you are in Ineos ordering, contract signed, in production chain of events and in all likelihood neither do you unfortunately, but it might be a close call as to which one comes first.

I would also say that there is going to be quite a few flippers in the UK who will literally drive their new IG home, taking photos immediately and putting it on EBay or Autotrader. It might not be such a big money maker as some think. Possibly a small profit but I don’t think there will be many making the £20k profit they are hoping for.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I suspect you are right on the profit thing, once production ramps up and wait times drop people will likely wait for a dealership model. However i am locked in at the original price so there should be some profit none the less.
The Toyota is LEZ compliant apparently… don’t ask how as I’m not exactly sure, but i have been told that it is… it wont be as comfortable as the grenadier through and getting it past the wife wont be easy…

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Do we know if any more completed vehicles have left the factory for the UK yet? Since those first 5 customer cars landed with dealers it seems to have been all quiet on the western front...

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I suspect you are right on the profit thing, once production ramps up and wait times drop people will likely wait for a dealership model. However i am locked in at the original price so there should be some profit none the less.
The Toyota is LEZ compliant apparently… don’t ask how as I’m not exactly sure, but i have been told that it is… it wont be as comfortable as the grenadier through and getting it past the wife wont be easy…

There is no right or wrong answer, just what works for you. Would be nice to be able to make enough to get the LC and have some money left over from the IG sale to get some extra bits or whatever you need.

But unless you hated the IG why would you sell it when it’s been delivered to get a LC.

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do we know if any more completed vehicles have left the factory for the UK yet? Since those first 5 customer cars landed with dealers it seems to have been all quiet on the western front...
Just been in to see my Agent / Dealer as passing.
They are really nice guys / super helpful and showed me round their delivery section.
They have 8 customer cars all awaiting hand over and given their new car experience, confirm they are all extremely well built and have zero defects.
There was by chance an Ineos engineer on site doing software upgrades.
Whilst the agent is still not permitted to do any handovers he seemed to indicate they may be released within the next week (not guaranteed).
Mine is built and hopefully being delivered within the next two weeks 🤞🤞🤞.
The agent is very wary of giving specific dates to customers as the process is still clearly fragile and "out of their hands".

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is no right or wrong answer, just what works for you. Would be nice to be able to make enough to get the LC and have some money left over from the IG sale to get some extra bits or whatever you need.

But unless you hated the IG why would you sell it when it’s been delivered to get a LC.
So i could listen to this every day..
View: https://youtu.be/SY1_hy-B8l8

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
My dealer has just rung me to tell me that my Grenadier is marked ready for "Transport" from Hambach. They have been advised to be ready to receive it and he is muttering that they have been ready since June!

He also made a throwaway comment about the software update, "idle stabilisation, to keep emissions low", anyway supposed not to be a big deal. More irritating, I cannot put my personal plate on from day one, it will have a "23" plate on first.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Excellent ~ it will be interesting to see if your My Account status changes before your agent tells you it's arrived.

Has anyone seen the "In transit" flag active?

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Excellent ~ it will be interesting to see if your My Account status changes before your agent tells you it's arrived.
Yes, I wondered about that; I've only updated my details to "Contract Signed", although I was told, (and I wrote here that it was built). I really want the VIN, so I can talk to the insurers, (you don't actually need the registration to insure a vehicle in the UK).

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I really want the VIN, so I can talk to the insurers, (you don't actually need the registration to insure a vehicle in the UK).
I emailed IA customer service on Friday requesting my VIN and they came back very promptly saying they would contact the relevant folks and get it to me. Haven't heard back since though. Maybe worth a try?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:26 PM
Reaction score
Well, my Toyota Hilux that was ordered end of Summer 2021 is still not here. Originally spring 22, then Oct 22, then Dec 22, then Feb 23, it was coming last week, I rang the dealer on the eta date and its now April, he didn't say which year though! So its not just Ineos, still plenty of problems getting hold of very established decent vehicles.

However i know someone who went and ordered a Jeep wrangler last week and they said its coming next month, must be a shite vehicle to get hold of it that quick!!
I know someone who bought a Jeep Gladiator Rubicon off the dealer lot and had a choice of several.
Also got a good discount and free servicing for 3 years
Nobody wants to buy them.
She is Canadian so thinks they are good

Back
Top Bottom