The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:44 AM
Reaction score
it would be interesting if they changed something for the european deliveries.

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Jean

This "software update" has developed a mysterious life of it's own.

Everyone has heard about, everyone knows it exists but, no one has actually seen it or knows anything about it (except for the nameless IT boffin wandering around the world with his laptop, plugging it into every Grenadier!!!!)
True.

My dealer just got 2 cars and no info on needed software updates. So they still assume being able to hand out vehicles as soon as they have installed addons and sorted their handover process with Ineos with regards to paper work and stuff.

Hope everyone involved being aligned on one narrative soon.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:44 AM
Reaction score
I shouldn’t be saying this but the software issue is around the emergency call button and the permanent tracking that Ineos have installed on all vehicles

They found out at a late stage that it could be turned off by owners and Ineos were not satisfied with that. Hence the update.

That’s what “they” are telling me anyway !

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:44 AM
Reaction score
So do we only have 2 people (Jean and EP) with known customer cars at dealerships?
Sorry if i have missed others but trying not to monitor every minute so as to not get too despondent.
Particularly interested in UK deliveries (sorry Jean still excited for you).

Please keep photos and updates coming.
Will be phoning IA as usual on Monday where i suspect ill be given the same no news update - built 16th Jan but no news!
There’s also Deepblue in Switzerland who’s posted photos of his car at the dealer, the first I think.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:44 AM
Reaction score
I thought, and I could be wrong, that in UK and EU regulations the emergency call button ( and hence tracking location for emergency response) should be such that it cannot be disabled by the driver

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So do we only have 2 people (Jean and EP) with known customer cars at dealerships?
Sorry if i have missed others but trying not to monitor every minute so as to not get too despondent.
Particularly interested in UK deliveries (sorry Jean still excited for you).

Please keep photos and updates coming.
Will be phoning IA as usual on Monday where i suspect ill be given the same no news update - built 16th Jan but no news!
At least at Becker Tiemann in (Einbeck), Krüll (Hamburg), Lueg (Essen) are customers vehicles as well.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Got a call this morning from my "Hedin" dealer in Belgium, that his cars and customer cars arrived yesterday (Friday 17/02), including mine. So I went this afternoon after "my job / paid hobby" to have a look. I didn't make many pictures, but I can go back if somebody has specific questions (and if I have time). What did I see, learn, ask, etc. ... all comment on "first sight":
  • I ordered a petrol trialmaster sela green with some accessories
  • the car is very well finished
  • the doors seem to close smoothly (was not the case in a prototype I saw).
  • no mistakes, everything I ordered was delivered: privacy glasses, safari windows, integrated winch, spare wheel storage box, including the 4 included L-track fittings)
  • accessories were not delivered yet (roof bars, off road recovery kit), but should be delivered "soon" (well, how soon is a mystery, same as the software update)
  • the official documents of the car were not yet delivered to my dealer, will come through Hedin Switzerland
  • the car was still in transport mode (software setting that makes it impossible to drive the car at normal speeds)
  • the ignition slot for the key is indeed (Left Hand Steering) at the right side of the steering wheel
  • the key is quite OK, and is indeed flipping in and out, so I will not damage my trialmaster jacket ;)
  • Ineos will contact me directly for the jacket, Hedin isn't involved in it. I don't know how
  • the sound of the motor is relatively quite, but of course I didn't drive the car
  • I could connect my phone (android) to the car, but we didn't find how to get Waze on the screen, even connecting the phone with a USB cable
  • I started the motor, and the only fault code was tire pressure (pressure too high, transport and storage mode), I was sitting in the driver position and airbag was "on"
  • I asked what the software issue was, and they didn't know, but could tell me that Hedin Switzerland had installed a new software version, but that it wasn't OK yet
  • they still could not load the INEOS software on their computers (software needed to remove transport mode from the cars, and of other tweaks) but they guess the problem is on their side.
  • I tried to remove and put back the safari windows (I had seen the INEOS video on this forum), but they had to explain me how to do it, but quite straightforward once you know it. (some sliding part in the opening mechanism).
  • The tires have the "white lettering" on the outside
  • I now see the @Stu_Barnes comment on the dipstick, I forgot to look, but this is a petrol engine
  • I was the first customer in Belgium to see his (my) car (@Stu_Barnes: do I get a badge ;)) , although it was around 16h, and the dealer closes at 17h, and he informed all his customers in the morning!. Probably no anxious other Belgian forum members between his customers 🤣
  • one (and only one) of the delivered cars was for a woman!
  • the two guys at Hedin (very friendly by the way) were discovering details together with me, including some functions.
  • they could not give me an answer about user manuals (paper or online), there was no paper manual in the car. No papers at all
  • Well, only one paper on the inside of the window with my order number and a VIN (Vehicle Identification Number, some here know my love for abbreviations :p): F0013xy ...well, only the last part of the VIN number (I replaced the last two numbers by xy). I didn't look at the first part.
OK, two pictures now:
View attachment 7803608
View attachment 7803609
Is it killing you to be so close to the finish line? I’m a terrible “waiter” - I’d be going mad, and would be at the dealer daily.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
do you have French ancestry?
Haha.
fawlty towers dancing GIF

Back