The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:35 PM
Reaction score
I think saying it’s a technique for stopping vehicles by the police is a little simplified, it’s actually what a good cop should do to stop people driving off, not to actually stop them.

Whilst the key is a simple flick knife style key that has been about for years when I handled one recently it did seem quite chunky tbh. Possibly I am being over critical but it doesn’t do anything my Amarok key does but seemed to be about 25-30% bigger than the VW key.
On RHD vehicles the key is on the left hand side of the steering wheel on the dash.
There is absolutely no way anyone could reach in the window and grab it.
1676737429482.png

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
9:35 PM
Reaction score
I’ve changed my avatar to that of my actual vehicle already.. I’ll try to get some photos of stuff I’ve not seen already including the rear seating bolt holes as I plan to move the seats back to give more leg room.
Get a photo of the dipstick, Its still a mythical item I think!

Remember, the first to get me a photo of them driving off in their Grenadier gets the special title banner !!! As Mr Kurgen said, there can be only one.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:35 AM
Reaction score
Got a call this morning from my "Hedin" dealer in Belgium, that his cars and customer cars arrived yesterday (Friday 17/02), including mine. So I went this afternoon after "my job / paid hobby" to have a look. I didn't make many pictures, but I can go back if somebody has specific questions (and if I have time). What did I see, learn, ask, etc. ... all comment on "first sight":
  • I ordered a petrol trialmaster sela green with some accessories
  • the car is very well finished
  • the doors seem to close smoothly (was not the case in a prototype I saw).
  • no mistakes, everything I ordered was delivered: privacy glasses, safari windows, integrated winch, spare wheel storage box, including the 4 included L-track fittings)
  • accessories were not delivered yet (roof bars, off road recovery kit), but should be delivered "soon" (well, how soon is a mystery, same as the software update)
  • the official documents of the car were not yet delivered to my dealer, will come through Hedin Switzerland
  • the car was still in transport mode (software setting that makes it impossible to drive the car at normal speeds)
  • the ignition slot for the key is indeed (Left Hand Steering) at the right side of the steering wheel
  • the key is quite OK, and is indeed flipping in and out, so I will not damage my trialmaster jacket ;)
  • Ineos will contact me directly for the jacket, Hedin isn't involved in it. I don't know how
  • the sound of the motor is relatively quite, but of course I didn't drive the car
  • I could connect my phone (android) to the car, but we didn't find how to get Waze on the screen, even connecting the phone with a USB cable
  • I started the motor, and the only fault code was tire pressure (pressure too high, transport and storage mode), I was sitting in the driver position and airbag was "on"
  • I asked what the software issue was, and they didn't know, but could tell me that Hedin Switzerland had installed a new software version, but that it wasn't OK yet
  • they still could not load the INEOS software on their computers (software needed to remove transport mode from the cars, and of other tweaks) but they guess the problem is on their side.
  • I tried to remove and put back the safari windows (I had seen the INEOS video on this forum), but they had to explain me how to do it, but quite straightforward once you know it. (some sliding part in the opening mechanism).
  • The tires have the "white lettering" on the outside
  • I now see the @Stu_Barnes comment on the dipstick, I forgot to look, but this is a petrol engine
  • I was the first customer in Belgium to see his (my) car (@Stu_Barnes: do I get a badge ;)) , although it was around 16h, and the dealer closes at 17h, and he informed all his customers in the morning!. Probably no anxious other Belgian forum members between his customers 🤣
  • one (and only one) of the delivered cars was for a woman!
  • the two guys at Hedin (very friendly by the way) were discovering details together with me, including some functions.
  • they could not give me an answer about user manuals (paper or online), there was no paper manual in the car. No papers at all
  • Well, only one paper on the inside of the window with my order number and a VIN (Vehicle Identification Number, some here know my love for abbreviations :p): F0013xy ...well, only the last part of the VIN number (I replaced the last two numbers by xy). I didn't look at the first part.
OK, two pictures now:
20230218_163325.jpg
20230218_164106.jpg

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:35 AM
Reaction score
Fantastic news👍. Just curious, did you remove the cover over the winch yourself? If so do you have any observations on the ease (or not!) of removal and whether the screws securing it could be easily lost or are they captive? Thanks!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fantastic news👍. Just curious, did you remove the cover over the winch yourself? If so do you have any observations on the ease (or not!) of removal and whether the screws securing it could be easily lost or are they captive? Thanks!
No I didn't do it myself, didn't even see them doing it, but they told me "quarter of a turn" and easy. OK, I put it on my "to do" list if I decide to go back before hand-over.

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think saying it’s a technique for stopping vehicles by the police is a little simplified, it’s actually what a good cop should do to stop people driving off, not to actually stop them.

Whilst the key is a simple flick knife style key that has been about for years when I handled one recently it did seem quite chunky tbh. Possibly I am being over critical but it doesn’t do anything my Amarok key does but seemed to be about 25-30% bigger than the VW key.
Hi @Shaky that was exactly the same first impression I had when holding the keys for first time: significantly thicker than my VW key. But was to excited to watch my grenadier so didn‘t paid more attention to key

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:35 AM
Reaction score
Got a call this morning from my "Hedin" dealer in Belgium, that his cars and customer cars arrived yesterday (Friday 17/02), including mine. So I went this afternoon after "my job / paid hobby" to have a look. I didn't make many pictures, but I can go back if somebody has specific questions (and if I have time). What did I see, learn, ask, etc. ... all comment on "first sight":
  • no mistakes, everything I ordered was delivered: privacy glasses, safari windows, integrated winch, spare wheel storage box, including the 4 included L-track fittings)
  • accessories were not delivered yet (roof bars, off road recovery kit), but should be delivered "soon" (well, how soon is a mystery, same as the software update)
  • the official documents of the car were not yet delivered to my dealer, will come through Hedin Switzerland
  • the car was still in transport mode (software setting that makes it impossible to drive the car at normal speeds)
  • the ignition slot for the key is indeed (Left Hand Steering) at the right side of the steering wheel
  • the key is quite OK, and is indeed flipping in and out, so I will not damage my trialmaster jacket ;)
  • Ineos will contact me directly for the jacket, Hedin isn't involved in it. I don't know how
  • the sound of the motor is relatively quite, but of course I didn't drive the car
  • I could connect my phone (android) to the car, but we didn't find how to get Waze on the screen, even connecting the phone with a USB cable
  • I started the motor, and the only fault code was tire pressure (pressure too high, transport and storage mode), I was sitting in the driver position and airbag was "on"
  • I asked what the software issue was, and they didn't know, but could tell me that Hedin Switzerland had installed a new software version, but that it wasn't OK yet
  • they still could not load the INEOS software on their computers (software needed to remove transport mode from the cars, and of other tweaks) but they guess the problem is on their side.
  • I tried to remove and put back the safari windows (I had seen the INEOS video on this forum), but they had to explain me how to do it, but quite straightforward once you know it. (some sliding part in the opening mechanism).
  • I now see the @Stu_Barnes comment on the dipstick, I forgot to look, but this is a petrol engine
  • I was the first customer in Belgium to see his (my) car (@Stu_Barnes: do I get a badge ;)) , although it was around 16h, and the dealer closes at 17h, and he informed all his customers in the morning!. Probably no anxious other Belgian forum members between his customers 🤣
  • the two guys at Hedin (very friendly by the way) were discovering details together with me, including some functions.
  • they could not give me an answer about user manuals (paper or online), there was no paper manual in the car. No papers at all
  • Well, only one paper on the inside of the window with my order number and a VIN (Vehicle Identification Number, some here know my love for abbreviations :p): F0013xy ...well, only the last part of the VIN number (I replaced the last two numbers by xy). I didn't look at the first part.
OK, two pictures now:
View attachment 7803608
View attachment 7803609
Great update Jean, and must be exciting to have seen and sat in your own grenadier. It seems we’re getting to the end of the ordering journey.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:35 AM
Reaction score
OK, two pictures now:
View attachment 7803608
View attachment 7803609
That’s so exciting @Jean Mercier! Shame there was no user manual, I’m thoroughly curious too see one. Keep us posted!

Back
Top Bottom