The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:43 PM
Reaction score
It’s probably more of a burning question for some than it is for me, but my agent said in November that everything was going to come down to a software update. So whatever this is, it is taking its time coming out or being developed or the problem being solved.

When I had a look around the IG recently I noticed the size of a glove box, as Pragmatic says it certainly lives up to its name.

No push button start for whoever asked. It’s a key and on RHD vehicles it is on the left hand side like a Volvo or BMW

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:43 PM
Reaction score
It’s probably more of a burning question for some than it is for me, but my agent said in November that everything was going to come down to a software update
It is somewhat ironic that a vehicle aspiring to be as analog as possible is suffering from the malady of 21st century electronics!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:43 AM
Reaction score
It’s probably more of a burning question for some than it is for me, but my agent said in November that everything was going to come down to a software update. So whatever this is, it is taking its time coming out or being developed or the problem being solved.

When I had a look around the IG recently I noticed the size of a glove box, as Pragmatic says it certainly lives up to its name.

No push button start for whoever asked. It’s a key and on RHD vehicles it is on the left hand side like a Volvo or BMW
The only issue I have with the key, the one I used on the PT02 felt a bit flimsy. Yes it was a PT02 and yes had probably had a hard short life, so I am hoping the production one is a bit more robust.

Anyone out there who has a production vehicle at their dealers and had a change to investigate it, confirm the key fob is up to spec!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

No push button start for whoever asked. It’s a key and on RHD vehicles it is on the left hand side like a Volvo or BMW. - Yes I found it strange at first being between the central dash and steering wheel, but I like it, no one can put their hand thru the window and snatch the key. (Including the police, a method they deploy when stopping drivers in the UK - not that that has happened to me I must emphasise)

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Only just watched the video your lad did Pragmatic, and I would congratulate him on it….very professional.

May I point out and I am sure you have probably seen it anyway, are the marks on the headlining around and just behind the over head console. Look like dirty fingerprints to me. I wonder if this is down to some refitting of said console after claims it felt like a good tug would pull it straight off.

I only say so you can point it out to the agent for special attention when they do their spruce up before handover.

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:43 AM
Reaction score
I have no problem living without a start button.
but i wish that the key to start could be folded so that the whole thing doesn't get too big and make a hole in my new fieldmaster jacket

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The daft thing is, I was given an original build date of June when I ordered. I made my peace with that. So I was delighted when my build date was moved forward to February, now thats not looking likely I’m pissed off and the lack of any communication isn’t helping. If they had just kept it a June I’d be none the wiser and patiently waiting.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The daft thing is, I was given an original build date of June when I ordered. I made my peace with that. So I was delighted when my build date was moved forward to February, now thats not looking likely I’m pissed off and the lack of any communication isn’t helping. If they had just kept it a June I’d be none the wiser and patiently waiting.
Exactly, that is how they should have played it.

I have invite to my local JLR dealers next Saturday and I have decided if I do not have a delivery date by then, I will cancel the IG on the assumption I can get my deposit back, irrespective of how close delivery is. Loyalty has to be earned and IG are making a poor job of it. Please people, it's a new company, they managed to get 20 vehicles for a press launch, why are we the customers being let down?

Last edited:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Nomad - what has the dealer at JLR invited you for ? I am not quite seeing the correlation between the IG delivery date and the JLR dealers.

I assume that JLR will be trying to sell you a second hand vehicle or had you got one on order with the, as well.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
... put their hand thru the window and snatch the key. (Including the police, a method they deploy when stopping drivers in the UK - not that that has happened to me I must emphasise)

Seriously?!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have no problem living without a start button.
but i wish that the key to start could be folded so that the whole thing doesn't get too big and make a hole in my new fieldmaster jacket
The keys do fold, but still the fob seems rather thick and chunky; definately better than getting stabbed mind you.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I think saying it’s a technique for stopping vehicles by the police is a little simplified, it’s actually what a good cop should do to stop people driving off, not to actually stop them.

Whilst the key is a simple flick knife style key that has been about for years when I handled one recently it did seem quite chunky tbh. Possibly I am being over critical but it doesn’t do anything my Amarok key does but seemed to be about 25-30% bigger than the VW key.

Back
Top Bottom