The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Show us your mods.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:09 PM
Reaction score
We really liked @Jean Mercier 's idea of a door table.

So we built one, adjustable to 4 different heights.

The dress rehearsal was a success, the wife installed the decorations at the same time. 😁

View attachment 7860806View attachment 7860805
I should have patented it ;) , but happy you copied my idea. I used my door table every day while travelling in Romania and Moldova, and sometimes 3 times a day: breakfast, pick-nick, dinner. I am back in Hungary now, since some hours.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Today I dismounted the rear right trim panels And I found the second "AM-FM-DAB" receiver. It is exactly the same as the one I spotted on the left side, see the pictures ...

Why two? One for the left, one for the right?
Aren't these modules rather "amplifiers" (with DAB / FM splitting function) than receivers? At least the label suggests this... The receiver must be somewhere else.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:09 PM
Reaction score
Aren't these modules rather "amplifiers" (with DAB / FM splitting function) than receivers? At least the label suggests this... The receiver must be somewhere else.
I think the issue is around translation terminology. The receivers or aerials are in the upper tail light panel sections, one either side. There are photos somewhere in the posted threads, ( try searching aerials)

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi folks,

months ago I ordered the mobile phone mount on ebay, but I wanted to add a RAM Mount tough track, but the tough track is wider. So I asked a good friend, if he could design a compatible racks to add the tough track...

It's nearly ready... Needs some powder coating and one more bend.

IMG_2411.JPG
IMG_2412.JPG

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:09 PM
Reaction score
Hi folks,

months ago I ordered the mobile phone mount on ebay, but I wanted to add a RAM Mount tough track, but the tough track is wider. So I asked a good friend, if he could design a compatible racks to add the tough track...

It's nearly ready... Needs some powder coating and one more bend.

View attachment 7862802
View attachment 7862803
Looks pretty sharp to me.
DaBull

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, at the front is one more bend to do...

Corey

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, it is a 3d print. I made a 3d scan of the inside of the glove box. The drawing is based on this data. I can share the 3d file if it is of any interest. All you need is a 3d printer or a print service.
The other thing you spotted is a cup holder that sits well inside the cup holder. :) My Yeti mug now fits. It's not perfect yet. I am going to do a second version sometime....
View attachment 7830372
I would love the file to print this please =)

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@chrsbe I noticed the bicycle brand on your mug there. Dunno if you're affiliated but my kid learned to ride on a Woom and, while we moved on to another brand now, I really liked the quality and details and light weight of the Woom. (y)

Karearea

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:09 AM
Reaction score

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:09 AM
Reaction score
Yes, at the front is one more bend to do...
Do you mean bending the front so there is no edge? Then do it. That would be my one suggestion. You do not want an edge in an accident to potentially hurt you.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:09 AM
Reaction score
Thinking of adding some proper 9 inch LED driving lights to the front of my Grenadier, will make a bracket so they sit in front of the current useless factory lights. Printed off these covers to conceal the existing lights, there was a really clean install from a car hifi store in the UK which did something similar a while back. Super simple but might save you some time if thinking of doing the same, file is here: https://www.printables.com/model/949611-ineos-grenadier-spotlight-cover
By the way you can get the existing spotlight shrouds off without removing the front grill, all you need is a small ratchet with hex bits and dainty hands/fingers.
Spot Cover 3.jpg
Spot Cover 2.jpg
Spot Cover 1.jpg

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fitted a wee 300w inverter. Enough power for what I need, which will only be a MacBook Pro and a Makita battery charger.

I chose this one because it fits perfectly on the bottle jack holder and it has a low enough draw to be spliced in to the aux socket in the boot. The fuses are on the back so I used zip ties to secure it in case I need to pull it out to change one. It’s nice and secure and is cushioned by the neoprene which was already on the jack holder.

I cut a small channel to allow the wire of the Makita charger to pass through the cover. I then mounted the charger on the side of the trim. I’m very happy with the result.

The inverter is a https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B086W5PVMG/?tag=globalgrena0b-20
HI Tom D, I came across this 165 page Ineos Grenadier Body Builders Guide that has an amazing amount of detail and information in it for anyone wanting to make modifications to their Grenadier. Perhaps this should be posted somewheree else on the forum. Perhaps Stu can recommend or perhaps start a place on the Forum where Grenadier Manuals can be linked and or available on the site. Here's the link to it. DaBull

Back
Top Bottom