The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Show us your mods.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:00 PM
Reaction score
HI Tom D, I came across this 165 page Ineos Grenadier Body Builders Guide that has an amazing amount of detail and information in it for anyone wanting to make modifications to their Grenadier. Perhaps this should be posted somewheree else on the forum. Perhaps Stu can recommend or perhaps start a place on the Forum where Grenadier Manuals can be linked and or available on the site. Here's the link to it. DaBull
Excellent find @DaBull. Thanks!

I’ll add the link to the reference section in the next edition of the Rok_Dr manual.

Cheers
Steve

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:00 AM
Reaction score
HI Tom D, I came across this 165 page Ineos Grenadier Body Builders Guide that has an amazing amount of detail and information in it for anyone wanting to make modifications to their Grenadier. Perhaps this should be posted somewheree else on the forum. Perhaps Stu can recommend or perhaps start a place on the Forum where Grenadier Manuals can be linked and or available on the site. Here's the link to it. DaBull
Great find!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:00 PM
Reaction score

On Page 148 it is written thus: "Circuit diagrams can be made available to body manufacturers via the INEOS Aftersales portal."
So, (1) the circuit diagrams exist , (2) how do I "identify" as a "body manufacturer"? ;-)
I tried to login but to no avail....
Any ideas?

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:00 PM
Reaction score
Okay, Ineos. It's after the sale now. So how can owners receive access to your "Aftersales portal", please?

I feel like a trove of information about our vehicles should be available to us, as actual owners. Enough with the secrecy, please.

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:00 AM
Reaction score
A very very nice document. Thanks for sharing!

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:00 AM
Reaction score
Okay, Ineos. It's after the sale now. So how can owners receive access to your "Aftersales portal", please?

I feel like a trove of information about our vehicles should be available to us, as actual owners. Enough with the secrecy, please.
100% agree!

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have been using the @chrsbe designed cubby box insert for the centre console for quite some time and it has been great (it inspired me to buy a 3D printer), however I thought I could do one that better suits my storage needs and here it is. You may find it a bit easier and faster to print, for the file click here.

Storage Tray 1.jpgStorage Tray 2.jpg

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Excellent find @DaBull. Thanks!

I’ll add the link to the reference section in the next edition of the Rok_Dr manual.

Cheers
Steve
Maybe add Activation of the Transport Mode into your Guide, see page 48, para 3.10.3.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:00 AM
Reaction score
I have been using the @chrsbe designed cubby box insert for the centre console for quite some time and it has been great (it inspired me to buy a 3D printer), however I thought I could do one that better suits my storage needs and here it is. You may find it a bit easier and faster to print, for the file click here.

View attachment 7865445View attachment 7865446
Awesome. I have been playing around with the original design also. My first print came out a little brittle so I need to do another one. I was also inspired to buy a printer. But I am really really bad at modifying the file. The original round part in the bottom is perfect for holding my Advil bottle turned coin holder but the deep pockets aren't needed much.

What program are you using to modify the files? Is it easy?

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Awesome. I have been playing around with the original design also. My first print came out a little brittle so I need to do another one. I was also inspired to buy a printer. But I am really really bad at modifying the file. The original round part in the bottom is perfect for holding my Advil bottle turned coin holder but the deep pockets aren't needed much.

What program are you using to modify the files? Is it easy?
I did not modify the original file but made a new model from scratch in Onshape, which is a traditional style CAD program (it has a free to access option). I had not used a proper CAD program before as I was too tight to buy/subscribe to one, I had been using Tinkercad but needed something more advanced. I Googled “free cad program”, found and signed up to Onshaoe last weekend, ran through the initial tutorials and got my head around it enough to produce this design.

You could try Tinkercad which is really easy to learn, but not sure how it goes with modifying existing 3D files.

Local time
Reaction score
I’ve made a separate post under introductions I think but this seems the better location for people to look for mod ideas so here is my list with a few more updated items.
1) Installed morimoto hxb wide beam fogs behind the mesh, threaded into the horizontal reinforcement of the skid plate); attached to the 10a under hood/EXT1 switch.
2) Wolfbox 900 camera, I tapped the cockpit fuse box below the ignition for a constant and ignition switched source, and tucked the wiring and box into the left fascia panel below the wheel beside the door.
3) Used rear winch + to supply a 6 fuse box at the rear for an additional USB x2, voltmeter and 12v socket. It also supplies an LED mounted on the plastic fascia of the door catches on the roof of the boot, and another white/red LED on the large door over the table (I haven’t built yet).
4) under the rear seat mounted a renogy 500a shunt, and installed a ctek d250se to handle the future hood mounted solar panel by Cascadia 4x4 (Canadian company in BC, they’re working on a hood panel for 100w +/- side panels for an additional 20w each. First run expected in 6 or so months)
5) sprayed recovery hooks safety red
6) covered skid plates with Herculiner
7) installed ARB compressor on left above the bottle jack. Powered by littelfuse box under rear seat, with an accessory power source to the relay from a fuse tap from the box by the primary battery. Built an aluminum spacer to bolt to M8 threads, and mount the ARB plate to the spacer. Added a little arm to catch the slot beside it to avoid any twisting.
8) cut out a 3/8” thick rubber floor for the rear
9) fire extinguisher bracket with stainless hardware to the bolts under the front passenger seat
10) differential breathers to a sintered filter under the hood
11) factor55 splicer shackle
12) nokian outpost 285/70r17 on black rhino stadium offset 38
13) routine tidbits: hatchet and tools under front seat, first aid stuff under passenger seat, glass breaker/belt cutter on rear view mirror, seat cover and kids seats, magnetic phone mount, all the charging cords and paraphernalia.
The pictures should have enough clues to sort things out but happy to discuss any how’s or whys

Attachments

• IMG_3204.jpeg
    IMG_3204.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_3205.jpeg
    IMG_3205.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_3203.jpeg
    IMG_3203.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_3256.jpeg
    IMG_3256.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_3259.jpeg
    IMG_3259.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3258.jpeg
    IMG_3258.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG_3271.jpeg
    IMG_3271.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_3272.jpeg
    IMG_3272.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_3278.jpeg
    IMG_3278.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_3273.jpeg
    IMG_3273.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_3274.jpeg
    IMG_3274.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 117

Brandtnm

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:00 PM
Reaction score
I’ve made a separate post under introductions I think but this seems the better location for people to look for mod ideas so here is my list with a few more updated items.
1) Installed morimoto hxb wide beam fogs behind the mesh, threaded into the horizontal reinforcement of the skid plate); attached to the 10a under hood/EXT1 switch.
2) Wolfbox 900 camera, I tapped the cockpit fuse box below the ignition for a constant and ignition switched source, and tucked the wiring and box into the left fascia panel below the wheel beside the door.
3) Used rear winch + to supply a 6 fuse box at the rear for an additional USB x2, voltmeter and 12v socket. It also supplies an LED mounted on the plastic fascia of the door catches on the roof of the boot, and another white/red LED on the large door over the table (I haven’t built yet).
4) under the rear seat mounted a renogy 500a shunt, and installed a ctek d250se to handle the future hood mounted solar panel by Cascadia 4x4 (Canadian company in BC, they’re working on a hood panel for 100w +/- side panels for an additional 20w each. First run expected in 6 or so months)
7) installed ARB compressor on left above the bottle jack. Powered by littelfuse box under rear seat, with an accessory power source to the relay from a fuse tap from the box by the primary battery. Built an aluminum spacer to bolt to M8 threads, and mount the ARB plate to the spacer. Added a little arm to catch the slot beside it to avoid any twisting.
9) fire extinguisher bracket with stainless hardware to the bolts under the front passenger seat
13) routine tidbits: hatchet and tools under front seat, first aid stuff under passenger seat, glass breaker/belt cutter on rear view mirror, seat cover and kids seats, magnetic phone mount, all the charging cords and paraphernalia.
The pictures should have enough clues to sort things out but happy to discuss any how’s or whys
Where did you get the diff breathers?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
A shame they don't do the compressor in red!

• Haha
Reactions: Max
Local time
Reaction score
Where did you get the diff breathers?
Tom109 had a post about his diff breather plans and included a great parts list and relatively inexpensive. I’ve used ARB diff breathers on other trucks but like picking out the individual pieces I wanted this time around. I recommend tom109’s post for details but can post my parts list as well if I can find the receipt

Local time
Reaction score

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:00 PM
Reaction score
We really liked @Jean Mercier 's idea of a door table.

So we built one, adjustable to 4 different heights.

The dress rehearsal was a success, the wife installed the decorations at the same time. 😁

View attachment 7860806View attachment 7860805
This gives me some ideas. I'm thinking that instead of a strap, maybe drilling a hole for where the strap is attached to the table and installing an adjustable photography monopod with a screw for stability. As long as the car side of the table has hinges (which I would do) any car movements should still allow the table to be stable.

Hmm. Some good thoughts here. I'm not super opposed to the strap either, is a nice idea, I just would love it to be out of the way...

dvamechanics

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Which looks better, Red or Black?

Attachments

• IMG_6745.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_6749.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 73