The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Show us your mods.

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:50 AM
Reaction score
Thank you for your development on this insert and for sharing the 3D file.
You clearly have the ability and the means for this work. Are you interested in developing other solutions?
The flat shelf on top of the dashboard is begging to be improved. Ineos put some thought into this area with the non-slip pad, but the edge is not high enough to keep things in place when driving. A tray of approximately 25mm (1 inch) deep would be a good improvement. Is that something you might use yourself, and be interested in developing and sharing the file?
Maybe we could crowd source designs for this and other areas then commission you to develop a solution. You should not do it for free though!
Which items could live there? The dash is an ideal place to store....hmmm? What would you want to store there? Please help spark my fantasy.

Last edited:

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:50 AM
Reaction score
Which items could live there? The dash is an ideal place to store....hmmm? What would you want to store there?
Well right now nothing can be stored there. The space to set small items down momentarily or store things short term is underwhelming given the size of the vehicle.
I could put my sunglasses there when I'm driving but don't need to wear them, my garage remote could sit there for my journey home, my caravan keys could live there between overnight stops, my parking swipe card could sit there until I get to my bay (I swipe through 2 gates). Anything small and lightweight really. It's the same demand that prompted camper's choice to make that nice canvas organiser linked by @AnD3rew .
But that's ok. If you don't see any use for a tray then I'll explore other options to adapt that space. Thanks again!

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well right now nothing can be stored there. The space to set small items down momentarily or store things short term is underwhelming given the size of the vehicle.
I could put my sunglasses there when I'm driving but don't need to wear them, my garage remote could sit there for my journey home, my caravan keys could live there between overnight stops, my parking swipe card could sit there until I get to my bay (I swipe through 2 gates). Anything small and lightweight really. It's the same demand that prompted camper's choice to make that nice canvas organiser linked by @AnD3rew .
But that's ok. If you don't see any use for a tray then I'll explore other options to adapt that space. Thanks again!
I keep my sunglasses and garage remote and the keys for the rear wheel storage and the roof rack keys an there and sometimes my phone or anything small I need to hand.

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I am definitely interested in upgrading the pad and make use of this otherwise unused space. I know the trays the sell for jimnys. 1000028135.jpg
I don't think that this is a good solution for an offroad car. All my stuff stored there will start flying and surround my face like the belt of saturn when i am offroading my offroader. I can think of some sort of cargo net there. Another idea: would be nice to have some T-slot rails to mount ram mounts there.....1000028136.jpg

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. I am definitely interested in upgrading the pad and make use of this otherwise unused space. I know the trays the sell for jimnys. View attachment 7831804
I don't think that this is a good solution for an offroad car. All my stuff stored there will start flying and surround my face like the belt of saturn when i am offroading my offroader. I can think of some sort of cargo net there. Another idea: would be nice to have some T-slot rails to mount ram mounts there.....View attachment 7831806
Now you're talking 👌
Really just trying to stimulate ideas here, but you have skills in this area so could be part of the solution.
Those ideas are good. Agree that an open tray has limitations but not all the time. The 3x locating holes in the dash could become part of an anchor system to retain a mount or to pass power through for a Navigator, HUD, whatever.
Nice spot for your sunnies. I'll check it out - right after I get a hard case to put them in!

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Another idea: would be nice to have some T-slot rails to mount ram mounts there.....
That would really be great. My actual plan is to mount there a external GPS...

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Now you're talking 👌
Really just trying to stimulate ideas here, but you have skills in this area so could be part of the solution.
Those ideas are good. Agree that an open tray has limitations but not all the time. The 3x locating holes in the dash could become part of an anchor system to retain a mount or to pass power through for a Navigator, HUD, whatever.
Nice spot for your sunnies. I'll check it out - right after I get a hard case to put them in!
You do not even need a hard case. Try it out. You will see.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:50 PM
Reaction score
On the mods front. Not that I am planning on changing my wheels, but if I was. These offerings as seen on FB and belonging to James Brown, would definitely be on the list.

Attachments

• IMG_0033.jpeg
    IMG_0033.jpeg
    360.7 KB · Views: 333
Reactions: PBD

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Papa's got a brand new - set of wheels...

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
On the mods front. Not that I am planning on changing my wheels, but if I was. These offerings as seen on FB and belonging to James Brown, would definitely be on the list.
With that number plate letter spacing layout, no supplier postcode nor BS shown - I bet with being illegal he'll get pulled up before I'm much older.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:50 PM
Reaction score
Remind me of Mercedes AMG Turbine wheels

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:50 PM
Reaction score
I saw summer auto out of China is starting work on the IG. She is known as plumb auto and has come up with creative ideas in past. For example I have a dual wireless charger that filled a open space in the l663

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:50 PM
Reaction score
@bakepl @Krabby @Tazzieman
To all who have a saggy petrol cap cover...more defined on the lighter colours...I have been for some time now working on a solution to raise it without having to do too much...finally, it is still a wedge and in the first pic you can see the arrow pointing to a rub mark...second pic shows the little lug that runs along that surface...third a forth show you the wedge created to lift the petrol cap cover up as it moves in...pic five shows the top that has to be slightly rounded off because it binds on the top of its housing...

The wedge is 2mm at the thick end and can go to nothing on the other end...mine is a little under a mm...the yellow wedges I know will work and they are ceramic tiler wedges...I used a smear of Sikaflex to hold mine in place...which is black plastic cut, filed, and sanded to shape...double sided tape worked in one of my early prototypes but the thickness can then vary...with the wedges it will be cheaper and easier to get the right result...the yellow wedge can but cut with Wiss tin snips...hope this works for you (y) ;)

Attachments

• IMG_6636.jpg
    IMG_6636.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_6637.jpg
    IMG_6637.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_6630.jpg
    IMG_6630.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_6627.jpg
    IMG_6627.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_6637.jpg
    IMG_6637.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_6622.jpg
    IMG_6622.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_6590.jpg
    IMG_6590.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 213

explorersoverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Lovely setup you have here!
I'm a huge fan of the Bush Company products.
I am however curious about the Grenadier's performance and general feel with all this added weight and height.
Is the standard suspension coping with it?
Thank you!
The Grenadier's performance is great. The extra weight from the tent hardly makes a difference.

However, the car is fully loaded with many heavy items like a 52L water tank, 2x200AH li-ion batteries, Victron inverter, slide-out kitchen, fridge/freezer etc.
And as a result, the car now hangs slightly backwards. I think it is necessary to replace the standard suspension but I haven't been able to find an aftermarket suspension yet.

IGL

GG #2697
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you!
The Grenadier's performance is great. The extra weight from the tent hardly makes a difference.

However, the car is fully loaded with many heavy items like a 52L water tank, 2x200AH li-ion batteries, Victron inverter, slide-out kitchen, fridge/freezer etc.
And as a result, the car now hangs slightly backwards. I think it is necessary to replace the standard suspension but I haven't been able to find an aftermarket suspension yet.
Hej explorersoverland, you may find new suspension and springs here

Back
Top Bottom