The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Show us your mods.

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:02 PM
Reaction score
Would you be willing to share the Front Runner part number with me please?

mrzeszutko

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:02 AM
Reaction score
Very nice. Can you post where you bought this item please?
I don't think this will be useful for you as I bought it in Poland, Europe :) In Poland we have a very popular local alternative to eBay (called Allegro) and I tend to buy smaller random items there. Just search for "sunglasses clip" or "sunglasses clip/holder car" on any platform like eBay, Amazon or just google and something should pop up.

I bought mine here

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hand painted the recovery loops with air dry Cerakote Stoplight Red. Prepped surfaces with Goof Off first. Applied 2 coats with paintbrush.
1000008390.jpg

1000008391.jpg

Attachments

• 1000008392.jpg
    1000008392.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 126

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Cool. How durable is ceracote compared to oil based farm equipment enamel?
Sorry, I don't have any experience with the latter, but Cerakote air dry is very difficult to remove. Need to sand it off. @Tom109, there will always be enough red to cue on when trying to locate the loops.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Jean Mercier I also spotted a DAB receiver in the left corner. I thought, Jean, that you spotted one in the right back corner of the car? Meaning there ar two receiver?
This is an answer to an old question.
Today I dismounted the rear right trim panels And I found the second "AM-FM-DAB" receiver. It is exactly the same as the one I spotted on the left side, see the pictures ...
20230601_111821.jpg
20240201_160940.jpg

Why two? One for the left, one for the right?

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is an answer to an old question.
Today I dismounted the rear right trim panels And I found the second "AM-FM-DAB" receiver. It is exactly the same as the one I spotted on the left side, see the pictures ...
View attachment 7842101View attachment 7842102

Why two? One for the left, one for the right?
Hmm,....not very serious :ROFLMAO:
1st Idea: that must be the reason for the bad signal on dab+
2nd Idea: Stereo channels, so left and right antenna

What would happen if we disconnect one of the DAB+ connectors??

And also interesting, where does the IN connection leads to? Are there also multiple antennas??

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hehe, that is not serious either ;) for FM one antenna is enough for decoding a stereo FM modulated signal! This is some kind of complicated wave "pattern deformation" as I remember from my electronic engineering studies. AM is always mono if I remember it right.

For the DAB ... I don't know.

If I have the guts (I have ;)) and don't forget it (I have Alzheimer sometimes, when suited :cool:) I will disconnect the right side module.

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hmm,....not very serious :ROFLMAO:
1st Idea: that must be the reason for the bad signal on dab+

What would happen if we disconnect one of the DAB+ connectors??

And also interesting, where does the IN connection leads to? Are there also multiple antennas??
I had the guts to disconnect the right side AM/FM connection cable AND antenna:
20240202_155806.jpg

Guess what?
  • FM radio played on ALL 4 loudspeakers
  • "In my ears" the sound was as good as usual!
Therefore question again: why two radio receivers?

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi folks,

today I installed the DTP plug on the EXT5 cables under the bonnet. Took about 30 minutes.

A question to those, who did this, too. How do you remove the cable isolation?
Because I could get the stuff off the cables of the EXT1, I stopped now. The cables are really short and there's no room in such a big car... :D

IMG_1939.JPG
IMG_1940.JPG

Reactions: IGL

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi folks,

today I installed the DTP plug on the EXT5 cables under the bonnet. Took about 30 minutes.

A question to those, who did this, too. How do you remove the cable isolation?
Because I could get the stuff off the cables of the EXT1, I stopped now. The cables are really short and there's no room in such a big car... :D

View attachment 7842244View attachment 7842245
I have no pictures, but it was a two step stripping:
  1. I did cut the "head" of the semi transparent insulation as close as I could to the wire end
  2. I stripped "carefully and patiently" the wire, because indeed they are quite short, and I didn't want to loose any length.

Last edited:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:02 PM
Reaction score
I had the guts to disconnect the right side AM/FM connection cable AND antenna:
View attachment 7842242

Guess what?
  • FM radio played on ALL 4 loudspeakers
  • "In my ears" the sound was as good as usual!
Therefore question again: why two radio receivers?
The only reason I can think of is, DAB radio signals are badly effected by tall buildings in built up areas. I wonder if they have twin sided them in case one is shielded. This theory would only hold up if there were two antennas though. We knew there is one in the LHD rear door pillar, it's there a second one??

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The only reason I can think of is, DAB radio signals are badly effected by tall buildings in built up areas. I wonder if they have twin sided them in case one is shielded. This theory would only hold up if there were two antennas though. We knew there is one in the LHD rear door pillar, it's there a second one??
Yes, sure, each module has it's own antenna, therefore one left and one right.

Curry INEOS Grenadier

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
6:02 PM
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Curry Ineos Grenadier here. Wanted to show off one of our stock units that's absolutely decked out.

Here we have a Donny Grey Trialmaster loaded with the full roof rack, cargo box, roof mounted spare wheel, tool bracket with the heavy duty shovel, side runners, and checker plates. This has quickly became a favorite unit of ours, and is definitely a neck-breaker on the road!

Attachments

• IMG_8823.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_8822.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_8820.jpg
    IMG_8820.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 136
Local time
6:02 PM
Reaction score
Looking good!

A more modest mod for me today… fitting an inflatable lumbar roll to the drivers seat.
Removing the seat back was tricky, not knowing how its put together. To save you all the bother (and two broken clips) here’s how to do it…
The black plastic cover is attached by large clips that hook on to the metal parts of the seat, there are a further two replaceable clips at the bottom. (White) these were not salvageable but could be replaced. Although to be honest it doesn't seem to need them.
To get it off without breaking anything you‘ll need to insert a flat tool at the base and release the two central clips, you do this by pushing upwards, then release two of the side clips, by pushing in from the side with the flat tool. I have shown the locations of these measured from the bottom, as you will be doing all of this blind. The hooks at the other side will come out by moving teh whole thing towards the side you have already removed. The top hook is large and can only be removed by pulling the whole thing downwards once all the other clips have been removed.

Fitting the air bag was easy and it works very well inserted between the sprung wires and the foam seat back. I secured it with a couple of cable ties… Job done!
This is spectacular. You should make this it's own thread with lumbar in the title so it's more searchable.

Back
Top Bottom