The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Show us your mods.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:25 PM
Reaction score
I did a partial wrap in burnt orange as homage to the Texas Longhorns. I really like my Urban side runners installed today. Notice my vehicle number on the front door. We should all do that for something fun at meet-ups.
Looking very sharp!

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I did a partial wrap in burnt orange as homage to the Texas Longhorns. I really like my Urban side runners installed today. Notice my vehicle number on the front door. We should all do that for something fun at meet-ups.
BTW I know some forum members have had challenges with Urban side runner installation. Unfortunately the tolerance is off by about 1/16th inch, which is enough to turn a simple installation into a wrestling match. The hack I came up with to make it pretty easy is to use ratchet straps. After loosely attaching the front two bolts, use a ratchet strap on the rear to offer support and crank it to get the holes lined up.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
BTW I know some forum members have had challenges with Urban side runner installation. Unfortunately the tolerance is off by about 1/16th inch, which is enough to turn a simple installation into a wrestling match. The hack I came up with to make it pretty easy is to use ratchet straps. After loosely attaching the front two bolts, use a ratchet strap on the rear to offer support and crank it to get the holes lined up.
Have Dremel, will mount side steps.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Dremel, I don't think so?! You need real material removal. A big round file and a strong arm, or a Bridgeport Mill.
...plus some...
1000008316.jpg

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:25 AM
Reaction score
Hi folks,

today I added a rear spot light - all by myself (I feel like Hulk now :D no, kiddin...)

It was really fun working with the Deutsch plugs, the crimping tools.

And what makes me really happy - it WORKS :D

IMG_1921.JPG
IMG_1922.JPG
IMG_1923.JPG
IMG_1924.JPG
IMG_1926.JPG

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:25 PM
Reaction score
Good advice. I probably wrestled the longest round with the sidesteps. Sore for days.

IGL

GG #2697
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Patrick, nicely done (y). How much does the cable bend when you open the door? Is there tension and if so, could this harm the cable connection to the light? Could you pls. provide a photo?

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How much does the cable bend when you open the door? Is there tension and if so, could this harm the cable connection to the light? Could you pls. provide a photo?
Hi Jens,

I think there's no tension when I open the door. I'll take a photo tomorrow, OK?

Reactions: IGL

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Put some headlight tint on the telltale display and the airbag lights.
Telltale drove me nits at night with its green headlight lights illuminated far too brightly.
I still don't understand why we need a light to illuminate to advise us that our lights are illuminated. But I'd guess the gubmint has its fingerprints on it.

I put 2 layers on the telltale. Much better.
IMG_6827.JPG
IMG_6829.JPG

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:25 PM
Reaction score
Put some headlight tint on the telltale display and the airbag lights.
Telltale drove me nits at night with its green headlight lights illuminated far too brightly.
I still don't understand why we need a light to illuminate to advise us that our lights are illuminated. But I'd guess the gubmint has its fingerprints on it.

I put 2 layers on the telltale. Much better.View attachment 7841249View attachment 7841250

That was one of my first mods too haha! Glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought those lights (and the airbag lights) were too bright.

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Patrick, nicely done (y). How much does the cable bend when you open the door? Is there tension and if so, could this harm the cable connection to the light? Could you pls. provide a photo?
Hi Jens,
sorry for the dlay. Maybe this helps, if not please send a PN.

IMG_1932.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom