The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Show us your mods.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:37 PM
Reaction score
I just placed an order for some black l track studs on Amazon - curious to see what I can fashion with these.

8 Pcs L-Track Double Lug Threaded Stud Nut Fitting Tie Down| Used with L Track Rail for Truck Bed,Trailer Cargo Control,Pickup,RV,ATV,Bearing 6000 LBS Heavy Duty Steel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BY7V8RWV/?tag=globalgrena0b-20

Grenadier Journals

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:37 PM
Reaction score
I also mounted here, and then moved across to the spare wheel for expedition use.
The issue in our case was that fine bulldust penetrated the door release making it difficult to operate on the angle.
It’s good to hear some real life experience and issues. Do you have the spare wheel cubby and is the board mounted in front of it? Have some ideas I will work through.. just need the more free time. I live in i high theft area so need everything locked down at all times.

Grenadier Journals

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:37 PM
Reaction score
It’s good to hear some real life experience and issues. Do you have the spare wheel cubby and is the board mounted in front of it? Have some ideas I will work through.. just need the more free time. I live in i high theft area so need everything locked down at all times.
Yes, they are mounted over the cubby. In my case secured with a cable lock running through the spare wheel mount.
However it wouldn’t survive a determined thief.

Even with no boards mounted, once polluted with dust the rear door button has required two hands to release.
I carry a can of WD-40 PTFE/Dry Lube but it’s not a fix given the difficulty around clearing the contamination.

PTFE is also required to release the cable lock once the dust penetrates that, so it could be an environmental issue more than anything.

IMG_1146.jpeg

Last edited:

Grenadier Journals

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, they are mounted over the cubby. In my case secured with a cable lock running through the spare wheel mount.
However it wouldn’t survive a determined thief.

Even with no boards mounted, once polluted with dust the rear door button has required two hands to release.
I carry a can of WD-40 PTFE/Dry Lube but it’s not a fix given the difficulty around clearing the contaimination.

PTFE is also required to release the cable lock once the dust penetrates that so it could be an environmental issue more than anything.

View attachment 7838956
Yeah I wonder if it’s all that fine dirty in the air that’s wrecking havoc on door handles and such. Problems one can’t know until they experience first hand. Love your utility wagon!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
20240109_155538.jpg
I've done the NATO plug bypass and cabling mod as per the NATO plug thread.
Used the family creme brulee butane torch to prefill the NATO plug sockets with solder. A hobby iron won't do that job.
I've left off the 175A Anderson plug as our van has not yet arrived.
I will of course also be able to plug my compressor here if necessary.
Thanks to @Clark Kent and others for guidance.

Last edited:

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I already purchased a G900 and was playing around with how to remove the existing mirror - and this is what you get:
View attachment 7837517
To remove the existing mirror you have to take a flat head screwdriver and pop off a metal C clamp from around the socket for where the ball (pictured above) is affixed to. Then, give a good tug on the mirror to remove from the ball. From what I can tell - the ball about 5/8” in diameter ball, and I’m having a difficult time figuring out how I can attach to that (ram mounts are all much larger). And, I’m having a hard time figuring out how to remove the plastic.
Update on the installation of the Wolfbox G900 and specifically with the OEM mount...

I've reached out to 67 Designs (https://www.67d.com/) and have been speaking to their lead guy on creating a more elegant solution which adapts the Wolfbox specifically to the ball mount pictured above (that pictured ball attaches to the factory installed mirrors on model year 2024s). For those not familiar with 67 Designs - they are a US based (in Dallas, TX) designer and manufacturer - and they produce super, high-quality device mounting solutions ranging from Jeep Wranglers to Ford Broncos to aviation mounts - really nice, and beautiful stuff.

From what I understand, the 67 Designs team is currently modeling this adapter for the Wolfbox, and will hopefully have a beta version to test in the coming days/weeks. Also, I think they are investigating additional (dash) mounting solutions for the Grenadier - so hopefully more to come on this. My current device list, which I'd like to potentially mount is as follows:
  • Garmin inReach Explorer+ with Garmin charging mount
  • iPad Mini - which I use for viewing Gaia/onX Offroad/DJI drone apps
  • Mic holder for GMRS radio (i.e., midland mxt575) - while in use (while not in use, it'll live in the center console for me)
  • iPhone (not necessary for me) - as I prefer to use carplay for viewing GoogleMaps for on road (turn-by-turn) navigation, as well as Spotify for tunes
  • Wireless remote for the winch (likely only to mount when actively using the winch/traveling off-road so I'm not having to search and locate the remote)
I'd recommend reaching out to their customer services email address, if you have any specific device mounting needs that you'd like for them to consider designing/manufacturing: customerservice@67d.com

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Update on the installation of the Wolfbox G900 and specifically with the OEM mount...

I've reached out to 67 Designs (https://www.67d.com/) and have been speaking to their lead guy on creating a more elegant solution which adapts the Wolfbox specifically to the ball mount pictured above (that pictured ball attaches to the factory installed mirrors on model year 2024s). For those not familiar with 67 Designs - they are a US based (in Dallas, TX) designer and manufacturer - and they produce super, high-quality device mounting solutions ranging from Jeep Wranglers to Ford Broncos to aviation mounts - really nice, and beautiful stuff.

From what I understand, the 67 Designs team is currently modeling this adapter for the Wolfbox, and will hopefully have a beta version to test in the coming days/weeks. Also, I think they are investigating additional (dash) mounting solutions for the Grenadier - so hopefully more to come on this. My current device list, which I'd like to potentially mount is as follows:
  • Garmin inReach Explorer+ with Garmin charging mount
  • iPad Mini - which I use for viewing Gaia/onX Offroad/DJI drone apps
  • Mic holder for GMRS radio (i.e., midland mxt575) - while in use (while not in use, it'll live in the center console for me)
  • iPhone (not necessary for me) - as I prefer to use carplay for viewing GoogleMaps for on road (turn-by-turn) navigation, as well as Spotify for tunes
  • Wireless remote for the winch (likely only to mount when actively using the winch/traveling off-road so I'm not having to search and locate the remote)
I'd recommend reaching out to their customer services email address, if you have any specific device mounting needs that you'd like for them to consider designing/manufacturing: customerservice@67d.com
This is awesome, and apparently Wolfbox is also looking into a mount.

Tonight I experimented with a spare rearview mirror I had laying around. I could not figure out how to release the ball joint, and after exhaustive googling I just decide to pull it apart. Voila - full separation and an easy compression to re-assemble. Tomorrow I plan look at the MY24 Gren mirror mount. It's going to be ~10F so I probably will not do more than look. But I'm hopeful the mirror will have the same ball and also pull straight off. This could be an easy path for direct mounting.

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is awesome, and apparently Wolfbox is also looking into a mount.

Tonight I experimented with a spare rearview mirror I had laying around. I could not figure out how to release the ball joint, and after exhaustive googling I just decide to pull it apart. Voila - full separation and an easy compression to re-assemble. Tomorrow I plan look at the MY24 Gren mirror mount. It's going to be ~10F so I probably will not do more than look. But I'm hopeful the mirror will have the same ball and also pull straight off. This could be an easy path for direct mounting.
You’ll see a metal C retaining clip around the collar of the ball socket - this is in place to hold the ball from coming out of the socket. All I did was take a flat head screw driver to pry it off - then, after I had that removed, I did a good tug on the mirror to pull the ball out of the socket. I’d maybe wait until a warmer day so you don’t risk damaging any cold/brittle plastics.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Version 1:
Using the back door/ladder as accessories mounting area. I hope to not load much up top to keep the weight lower.. coming from a truck with a lot of weight up top I want to be able to have a vehicle with a lower center of gravity this time around.
View attachment 7838855
View attachment 7838854

Here are some aluminum tube clamps off Amazon that have a mounting hole.

View attachment 7838849
View attachment 7838850

Which hold a full length molle panel to mount the maxtrax.

View attachment 7838851View attachment 7838852View attachment 7838853

I got bigger plans for that space, but this will be a start to figure out how much space is back there to work with.
I considered this but decided it was too much of a pain to get to the door handle.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom