The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Show us your mods.

explorersoverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:10 AM
Reaction score
I am planning to build a kitchen drawer system. I know it is quite a large kitchen but I am a foodie and love to cook outdoors. Here is my plan so far. It will be built from birch plywood in 21, 15, 12 and 8mm. The weight of the setup is my biggest concern. What would you change? I am thinking about adding a foldout bed on top. Hmmm...

View attachment 7833617
I'd love to see the process of this build!

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@chrsbe i did build one campbox with a sleeping platform for my wrangler. I loved to overland with it. But yes it was pretty heavy… I think it was around 32kg +10kg for sleeping option. But I learned from it and in the winter I’ll build one for the grenadier. I’m thinking about to use „queens plywood“ it is very light for it strength. Also I’m planning to buil it more modular this time so I have not to lift the whole one if I’m removing it.
@Survivor do you have a link to Queesn Plywood?
Maybe I make cutouts.

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe a similar alternative?

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have a question for all builders here. I am planning a camping kitchen. One of the usual slide-out setups. Build from Multiplex Plywood. Bolted to a base plate which is mounted to the airline rails in the trunk. The picture shows the first concept.
Here is my question. What type of hinge would you use on the red and the green dotted line? I haven't found a sturdy one that does not stick out the countertop. Appreciate all your input!
snueckenindakuecken.jpg

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:10 PM
Reaction score
Here is the 3d file for the insert of the cubby box of the Ineos Grenadier.
You can 3d print it. If you do not own a 3d printer use a print service like materialize or something similar and maybe also cheaper.
free to use for everyone. you can alter the file as much as you like. please do not sell it. if someone asks where you got it from please refer to this forum.
enjoy
ps.: would be nice if you post a photo of your prints.

View attachment 7831457View attachment 7831448
For Australian members:

Kinsoft 3D printing in Sydney have a 40% discount and flat rate shipping deal running until the end of December using code JZ6YRCYQ

Cost to print this organiser is $102.40 (minus 40%) according to their bulk quote analyser. So around $60 plus postage.
I haven't used them and this is not an endorsement.
Discount Code: https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/816876
Quote: https://3dprinting.zone/bulk-quoting

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For Australian members:

Kinsoft 3D printing in Sydney have a 40% discount and flat rate shipping deal running until the end of December using code JZ6YRCYQ

Cost to print this organiser is $102.40 (minus 40%) according to their bulk quote analyser. So around $60 plus postage.
I haven't used them and this is not an endorsement.
Discount Code: https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/816876
Quote: https://3dprinting.zone/bulk-quoting
What "infil" percentage did you select to ensure rigidity?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Installed the Frontrunner Slimline roof rack for the Grenadier.
Added some extra protection on the clamps that fix the roof on the gutters.
Did exactly the same on my 3/4 FR rack FRRHS.JPG- I used strips of 1mm rubber.

I gave feedback to FR that the racks should include this rack leg paint protection.

camping.JPG

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What "infil" percentage did you select to ensure rigidity?
I haven't used this service. I'm just promoting the discount for anyone that wants to use it.
I see there is an infill of 20% after the model is loaded but I'm unaware if this is a default value or built into the .stl file developed and supplied by @chrsbe

1701225776232.png

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks.

I just completed a purchase.

I used 100% infil because the walls of the tray are only 2mm thick and with an infil of only 20% the walls may bend quite a lot.

Anyway - going from the default infil of 20% to 100% only added a few bucks (i think $8).

Total price was $106 - $42 discount + $15 shipping = $78

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks.

I just completed a purchase.

I used 100% infil because the walls of the tray are only 2mm thick and with an infil of only 20% the walls may bend quite a lot.

Anyway - going from the default infil of 20% to 100% only added a few bucks (i think $8).

Total price was $106 - $42 discount + $15 shipping = $78
That price seems ok? Be interested to see the final product.
The technology department at a local school are printing one for me as a teaching project. I'm paying $80 for the materials. They did one using dissolvable supports but that failed. They think the printer bed got too hot and the supports melted before the print had finished. Failing is learning so they're ok with it. It's a new printer and they're still getting used to it. They're doing another one this weekend with snap-off supports.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:10 PM
Reaction score
Black for me please. Thanks
I've just loaded black into the printer today and am printing one now. It should take 88 hours! We'll see how it turns out. I did mine (my first successful one) but I cracked it in two places trying to get the supporting fill off. It prints with a bunch of extra pieces that support the floating parts that then have to be removed after the print is completed. I'm trying yours (at least the first black one) with trees rather than complete fill.

I was surpised that it took about 3/4 of a roll to do my one tray, and PLA+ on amazon was ~$20 a roll for Black Friday. I bought a few but should have bought more.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That price seems ok? Be interested to see the final product.
The technology department at a local school are printing one for me as a teaching project. I'm paying $80 for the materials. They did one using dissolvable supports but that failed. They think the printer bed got too hot and the supports melted before the print had finished. Failing is learning so they're ok with it. It's a new printer and they're still getting used to it. They're doing another one this weekend with snap-off supports.
Not sure when I will get delivery but I will post a review with plenty of photos.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Arrived today (1 week).

seems good quality & fits centre stowage box perfectly.

Used 100% infil so very solid construction with minimal sideways movement in walls.

However, the front "tabs" seem very flimsy and make easily break off.
3D printed box.JPG3D printed box_2.JPG3D printed box_3.JPG

Back
Top Bottom