The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Show us your mods.

Colorado

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:54 AM
Reaction score
I have to agree, I can get an Ender 3 V3 SE with rolls of black and orange PLA filament for not much more than the cost of one tray and I can make them for other USA guys (maybe sell for like $50 and it would pay for the setup after 5). I wasn't planning on getting into 3d printing, but it's not cost effective to contract it out. Thank you so much for your design work and advice! I know absolutely nothing about engineering, CAD or anything of the sort.
@IG_in_AZ,
Let me know if you go that route. I would purchase one from you. Thanks.

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:54 PM
Reaction score
Nice part designed by @Deichrutscher ...

Survivor

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@chrsbe just printed mine. Thanks for the design of the tray!
But one question: why you designed the round pocket like this? I mean that one where you putted the chewing gum in. Don’t understand which purpose the lower „3-circle-pocket“ got. To put the chewing gum there they are not necessary. Hope you understand what I mean 🙈 see also my attached photo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 107

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:54 AM
Reaction score
@chrsbe just printed mine. Thanks for the design of the tray!
But one question: why you designed the round pocket like this? I mean that one where you putted the chewing gum in. Don’t understand which purpose the lower „3-circle-pocket“ got. To put the chewing gum there they are not necessary. Hope you understand what I mean 🙈 see also my attached photo.
It's for an ancient form of currency called coins. He stated in previous post that he carries coins in it for those occasions where he needs a coin to complete a transaction.

Local time
Reaction score
Pat-Ard asked me to publish this (original post) information here:

I found a loadbar on the website of Alu-Cab (installation instruction: here)
IMG_7418-scaled.jpg

Because bigleonski asked if is strong enough, i make a little variation with freecad to use all 6 srews from the original mounting points.
I think it must be strong enough and also cheap for production ( it could be produced from a flat stainless steel material, only cuts, drills and foldings)

If someone want to produce it, please inform Pat-Ard :) (he want it with mount holes for profiles (8040 or 6030)
Its only a design-idea, not true scale:
LoadbarSample.JPG

Best regards

Last edited:

Survivor

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It's for an ancient form of currency called coins. He stated in previous post that he carries coins in it for those occasions where he needs a coin to complete a transaction.
😂 haven’t read it. Now when pointing it out it makes totally sense. 🙈

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@chrsbe I got the STL file for the cubby insert.

Just confirming dimensions before sending to the printer at work.
These are the dimensions? 160.8mm x 188.5mm x 121.4mm

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
How long did your prints take?

At 0.1mm resolution with all the supports and the rest being standard settings, my slicer says 3d 1h on an Ender 3 and still 1d 21h on my Voron.

At 0.2 mm the Ender takes 1d 21h and the Voron 1d 3h.

🤔

Last edited:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:54 PM
Reaction score
I’m learning an awful lot about 3d printing from this thread. I am getting the impression that as a process, it is still in its infancy.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:54 PM
Reaction score
What happens if there is a power cut. Does the printer just carry on where it left off?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
What happens if there is a power cut. Does the printer just carry on where it left off?
Depends on the firmware and the printer. Some can resume, others can't.

My Voron printer can be pimped in many ways and should then be able to resume.

As to the speed: As with everything, you can usually tune your 3D printer for speed. A different nozzle, heating and fast motors and even more important the motor controllers can speed up a printer up to ten times of it's normal speed.

This always comes at a price: Less accuracy, more wear, more noise, higher end (and thus more costly) components, you name it ...

There are (of course) many competitions of which is the fastest printer. The so called "Benchy", a small boat, is commonly used as a benchmark.

A normal one takes about an hour to print and usually looks like so:

Benchy1_no_edits.jpg

But the fastest FDM printers (what we are talking about here) take less than 3 minutes to print it. The results look comparably ugly, but are still complete Benchies. Even though no one wants such ugly results, these guys are doing the doable and push the technology forward. Such printers are masterpieces of mechatronics, software, timing and knowledge.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRUQBTPgon4

This is btw a Voron as well, but I think there is no more original part in it. Tuned to the maximum.

3D printing is not for those in a hurry. You usually print a prototype in low quality, and if it works you print again in a quality which is a good compromise of time and result. Switch it on, and if the workpiece is large look at it the next day or even later. Your printer shouldn't sit in the living room. And an office or a workshop off the sleeping and living area is mandatory.

Even smaller projects usually take at least one or a few hours. It always takes time.

If the printer is in good working order and well set up, 3D printing is definitely mature. And you can make things which you couldn't otherwise.

The examples here show which universe of constructions appeared with 3D printing.

The gear bearing from Emmett (a master of design) for example, starting at 2:15, can not be built with traditional methods, it is impossible. It is not assembled but was printed as one piece in one wash.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1exO19Unh0

Last edited:

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:54 AM
Reaction score
How long did your prints take?

At 0.1mm resolution with all the supports and the rest being standard settings, my slicer says 3d 1h on an Ender 3 and still 1d 21h on my Voron.

At 0.2 mm the Ender takes 1d 21h and the Voron 1d 3h.

🤔
I rotated it 90 degrees so it printed upright (all supports underneath, none inside). Sliced it in Cura using tree supports which used much less material and cut the time. Took 18 hours on my AnkerMake 5C at approx half speed in 0.2mm PLA+.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I priced a local third party print and it came back at $360, so I bought the printer instead.
Same, I ordered a printer yesterday. It should be here next week. So, fellow Grenadiers, the US is about to have a distribution center for cubby trays. I've ordered black and orange filament. I'll have to pay @chrsbe a royalty, I think.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:54 AM
Reaction score
My sons Bambu did it in about 3 hours
He has corrected me and told me it took 5 hours 40mins although it is possible to use a faster setting which probably could have completed in closer to 3 hours

Back
Top Bottom