The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Show us your crack (windshields)

If your windshield cracked (please answer honestly)

• Diesel : NO evidence of stone chip or damage prior to crack appearing

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • Diesel : evidence of stone chip or damage prior to crack appearing

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • Petrol/Gas: NO evidence of stone chip or damage prior to crack appearing

Votes: 13 13.0%
  • Petrol/Gas : evidence of stone chip or damage prior to crack appearing

Votes: 24 24.0%
  • No crack

Votes: 41 41.0%

• Total voters

Karearea

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:14 AM
Reaction score
Welp…I’m now in need of my THIRD windshield replacement in less than 6 months. This isn’t a crack yet, and after replacing 2 windshields, was at first thrilled it was just a chip, but was told by two glass companies they cannot repair chips/cracks “in the black”, which is the same for any vehicle, but with our ADAS camera, there’s more area potentially to impact.

I’m going to ride this one out since I can’t see it from inside, but wanted to share this with others so they are aware.
View attachment 7861411
That’s an interesting down side to those with that ADAS camera fitted 🫤. The main reason I exited my new defender was to escape all that tech behind the screen! Don’t get me wrong as I loved the fancy wipers and the Lightshow was amazing especially on snow covered mountain roads in early mornings 🤩. But… I’m so glad to have less tech and just hoping to have more luck with windscreens 🤞🏽
I feel for ya !

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:14 PM
Reaction score

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:14 PM
Reaction score
i bought it. I figure i am lucky i haven't had a crack yet, i had a stone fly off my windshield without cracking it a week or two ago...
I'm going to moab in 2 weeks and i think i need this installed for the roadtrip....!

Local time
6:14 PM
Reaction score
I just bought one too, will be interested to see how others get this installed quickly. I have been watching their social media trying to figure out how a grenadier could get one of these made, but had no idea they had one in the works.

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:14 PM
Reaction score
I also ordered. Very timely. I called a local shop that does windshields. They quoted me $1280. That’s 5x the cost of this solution. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom