The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Scratches on Plastic!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:51 PM
Reaction score
Now that's a blast from the past.
Anyway I have used excellent polish on the body of mine from Sam's detailing , and I would guess products from his range would be great on the plastics. I'm a convert. Also will not let roadside car wash folks near mine.
Unless there is a tea and scone for free!!!

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:51 PM
Reaction score
Hi there trobex,

Your suggestions WORKED.

Thanks.
If your looking for a hybrid ceramic paint coating that you can put on the paint, plastics, rubber and glass, you might like Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax. It's best to first apply one coat by hand and then you can follow their directions for use afterwards. It should give you a full 6 months or more of protection. It has a lot of great reviews including may detailers who are always surprised who good it is. I like the fact it does not turn white on rubber or plastics. As always test it out first before committing to the whole vehicle. DaBull

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My BMW has the 'shadow line trim' all blackened. Almost all the BMW forums talk about the need to be VERY careful with cleaning products as they can harm the finish. Plastics are the same way - some of those might be helped with Griots Garage Rubber and vinyl protectant or Speed Shine

https://www.griotsgarage.com

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:51 PM
Reaction score
My BMW has the 'shadow line trim' all blackened. Almost all the BMW forums talk about the need to be VERY careful with cleaning products as they can harm the finish. Plastics are the same way - some of those might be helped with Griots Garage Rubber and vinyl protectant or Speed Shine

https://www.griotsgarage.com
+1 for Girots products. Their leather cleaner in particular.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi there trobex,

Your suggestions WORKED.

Thanks.
No problems Eal

From my experience all plastics/faux finishes should start with water first, as hot as your hands can handle then work in to chemical options if water fails. But need to be mindful of the cloth/pads you wish to use as surfaces these days can easily scratch.

I just cleaned my suede chairs at home with hot water and the other side of the scrubber from my earlier post (The green side). The scratching side of that is perfect at very low finger pressure to remove food and marks from kitchen chairs In suede and it even pulls the suede finish up from flatness.

What does suck these days is smart phone glass... Gorilla tough my ass. These poxy screens scratch at your finger nails let alone anything metallic!!!

Back
Top Bottom