The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Robert Pepper review coming

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:33 AM
Reaction score
When you see the tough terrain people test their cars in , you see many situations where mechanical +/- panel damage is quite likely. If you can afford the car AND afford to wear the repair costs , well I say good onya!
I can't , and my wife won't agree to wanton abuse. Of a vehicle.
That said, there are many tough situations where a calm head and the correct setup will allay any fears.
Agree , an excellent touring vehicle with plenty of scope for proper, if not extreme offroad.
If I wanted to play that manly sport I'd buy a Jeep or something.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
To me this car is all about touring Australia.
Towing the van to new places and then using the van as a base as I explore the outlying areas of this wide and sparse country, visiting as many of its landscapes as possible.

All of Roberts videos on the Grenadier prove to me that this is the very car for the job.

But also remote desert / mountain touring with a fridge and a swag in the back, and rock solid reliability.

Last edited:

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When you see the tough terrain people test their cars in , you see many situations where mechanical +/- panel damage is quite likely. If you can afford the car AND afford to wear the repair costs , well I say good onya!
I can't , and my wife won't agree to wanton abuse. Of a vehicle.
That said, there are many tough situations where a calm head and the correct setup will allay any fears.
Agree , an excellent touring vehicle with plenty of scope for proper, if not extreme offroad.
If I wanted to play that manly sport I'd buy a Jeep or something.
we are one on this.

Happy to see the Grenadier demolish tracks more difficult than what I expect to take her on

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting that RP knocked 20mm odd off the quoted ground clearance by his assumptions.

I wonder how much (if any) other vehicles clearance were adjusted in similar assessments.
I wonder if , even after the front spring change to suit the bullbar/winch config , whether the stated clearance is a bit diminished?
Need a stock SW for comparison.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if , even after the front spring change to suit the bullbar/winch config , whether the stated clearance is a bit diminished?
Need a stock SW for comparison.
Well the diff clearance definitely won’t be. Thats entirely down to wheel and tyre

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
So summary seems very fair:
Screenshot_20230727_173821.jpg

Some confusion on the winch:
Screenshot_20230727_173757.jpg

Reactions: PBD

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Perhaps the tyre pressure was down?
Maybe, and the 17” wheel/tyre combo is marginally smaller than the18” maybe the claimed number are based on that one.

Reactions: Max

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well the diff clearance definitely won’t be. Thats entirely down to wheel and tyre
He has pointed out in other video's that most manufacturers ignore any components that are unsprung when quoting ground clearance.
Particularly diffs, suspension and brakes.

Reactions: Max

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I think it is a bit nitpicky. Anyone wanting to regularly tackle gnarly tracks (those deep pocketed dudes) will get bigger tyres , a lift and maybe a sway bar disconnect.
Stock , it coped pretty well with a track I'd be loathe to tackle with a loaded Gren, esp with a RTT.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone want to take a guess at the ground clearance on one of the most popular 4wds in Australia

1690496839696.png
Below are some snips from a good article written in a motoring mag by Mr Pepper himself back in 2020
1690497153630.png
1690497111378.png1690497259455.png1690497314471.png1690497361298.png

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Gather a bunch of the latest suspects.
Just setup a flat road and place ever higher concrete blocks/spacers on it until the last vehicle clears it.
Then you have the bragging rights list sorted!

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just setup a flat road and place ever higher concrete blocks/spacers on it until the last vehicle clears it.
Now if they did that Test at speed, that would be worth watching on the Tube.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:33 AM
Reaction score
Perhaps the tyre pressure was down?
I so much wanted to know the tyre pressure because of the difference it can make and then at 27:42 mins on the video there is a screenshot showing tyre temp and Kpa...when converted 278Kpa to pounds is 40lbs...back passenger was slightly lower...imagine with a little less air...providing you have the clearance it would be a hard beast to stop...loving it ;)

Last edited:

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
But as we know, real world "ground clearance" is as much about wheel articulation as how far the diff is off the ground. If your vehicle is dropping further into dips, you're getting closer to mother earth overall.
Being live axle you'd think that generally the IG would benefit in that regard as well.

Back
Top Bottom