The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

REMOVAL OF THE HUMP ON THE DRIVERS SIDE RIGHT HAND DRIVE ONLY.

RYAustralia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:54 PM
Reaction score
In an auto my left foot sits at an angle somewhere behind the brake pedal to left knee kicks out to the left towards the centre console, as if I was sitting partially cross legged. it doesn’t really move much from there.
I have a BMW X6 E71 and do exactly that with my knee on long drives. The raised foot rest for me works ok in the x6 so hoping it will be the same on Iggy. I’ll know in 3 weeks once it’s delivered - it got into the docks at Brisbane last week.

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:54 AM
Reaction score
With a Fieldmaster LHD and petrol, the problem is not mine. However, I want to point out that for me an automatic gearbox has been a rare thing up to now (only when I was renting cars in the United States) and, to avoid the classic brutal braking of the standard driver coming from the manual gearbox, I got used to, with the automatic transmissions, to hold the left leg with the knee bent and the left foot back and behind the other foot. Position that prevents me from inadvertently braking with my left foot (used to the effort for the clutch and relative brutality when braking). Convenient position that I can hold for hundreds of km and that solves the problem... BTW my Porsche turbo has the pedals very asymmetrical with respect to the rest of the body, in an unnatural but not annoying position, and you get used to them in a couple of hours...

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:54 AM
Reaction score
With good feet positioning 1600km would be doable. Any electrical issues in your Gren like some other users are now experiencing? I'm just waiting for my Grenadier to arrive!!!
Had a good chat with the owner of one of the first IGs in AU who took his caravan for a 3000klm drive last week, he found the hump uncomfortable for long distances so is looking at options, I sent him the picture below for comparison, I don't think his is anywhere near as small as it. We lifted the carpet/flooring and there is considerable padding under it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230617_071723_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230617_071723_Chrome.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 106

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:54 AM
Reaction score
Had a good chat with the owner of one of the first IGs in AU who took his caravan for a 3000klm drive last week, he found the hump uncomfortable for long distances so is looking at options, I sent him the picture below for comparison, I don't think his is anywhere near as small as it. We lifted the carpet/flooring and there is considerable padding under it.
Options - you mean trading it?

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230617_154900_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20230617_154900_Messenger.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot_20230617_071723_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230617_071723_Chrome.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 79

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I do believe you have to be an owner to be able to talk of problems with the Grenadier that you are experiencing, or am I missing something here?
@MrMike apparently knows and is in regular contact with an owner

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@MrMike apparently knows and is in regular contact with an owner
Correct, he is very generous with his Grenadier, even to the point allowing me to borrow it to take to the local auto electrician for him to get his head around that side of things if I wanted. We have been discussing the idiosyncrasies of the IG and solutions to some things he finds that are lacking.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Show me one where the left and right resting plane is offset at the heel by 100mm, and we will see! I have seen RHD rests at 10 or 20mm offset... but one that actually lifts your leg off the squab is odd.
The RHD footrest is a big and well-known design flaw, and only individual users will be able to say if it is an 'issue or not'. For me personally, it's an pretty big issue and the biggest problem with my overall take on the vehicle, it was uncomfortable as any foot position I have driven in any vehicle - I took the PT02 on 3x test drives. However, I will try and turn a blind eye and ignore it as best I can. If it really upsets my hip and long haul, I will sell it.
Hi Trobex
I can understand how easily it can be to become fixated on a potential problem. I was not happy about the foot rest either and found it to be a concern before actually receiving the vehicle. With 400 miles under my belt I really don't notice it. When next home I am planning on a 500 mile round trip in a 16 hour period. If that goes well I will have nothing more to say on the foot rest. Fortunately I am of average height (5'10") which might help a bit.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The hose out trim as mentioned is not helping, as it's not conformal to the metal hump.

I think a rework of the trim and with some suitable mats the problem could be reduced.

However, I do agree that I don't notice it as much as I did on Day 1.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Trobex
I can understand how easily it can be to become fixated on a potential problem. I was not happy about the foot rest either and found it to be a concern before actually receiving the vehicle. With 400 miles under my belt I really don't notice it. When next home I am planning on a 500 mile round trip in a 16 hour period. If that goes well I will have nothing more to say on the foot rest. Fortunately I am of average height (5'10") which might help a bit.
CC - meaning the hump is an issue for tall people or short people?

I thought that most negative comments were coming from drivers that tended to be on the tall side?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
CC - meaning the hump is an issue for tall people or short people?

I thought that most negative comments were coming from drivers that tended to be on the tall side?
Can't say I have read many owners short or tall complain on here once having driven with it.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can't say I have read many owners short or tall complain on here once having driven with it.
agree - but there is a small number that have complained about it or at least raised a real concern over potential long distances and I recall most were taller guys -like +6 foot

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
On Right Drive cars with no carpets this is definitely a problem and one exaggerated by Ineos designers.

Here are a few pictures of my footwell - no carpets and awaiting mats. I personally think a redesign of the liner would help. Plus if I move my left leg back my calf hits the seat adjuster.

The carpeted cars appear to have less of a footrest problem. For me it is giving me left ankle ache. Hopefully INEOS redesign, anyone else having painful left ankles?

Footwell Hump - 1.jpegFootwell Hump - 3.jpegFootwell Hump - 4.jpegFootwell Hump - 5.jpegFootwell Hump - 7.jpeg

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
On Right Drive cars with no carpets this is definitely a problem and one exaggerated by Ineos designers.

Here are a few pictures of my footwell - no carpets and awaiting mats. I personally think a redesign of the liner would help. Plus if I move my left leg back my calf hits the seat adjuster.

The carpeted cars appear to have less of a footrest problem. For me it is giving me left ankle ache. Hopefully INEOS redesign, anyone else having painful left ankles?

View attachment 7816884View attachment 7816885View attachment 7816886View attachment 7816887View attachment 7816888
To each their own as I’ve had absolutely no issue with it.. I’m 6’4 and prefer a foot rest. The one in my five series is half as wide and the same relative angle and I’ve found the whole seating and driver positioning to be great..

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
To each their own as I’ve had absolutely no issue with it.. I’m 6’4 and prefer a foot rest. The one in my five series is half as wide and the same relative angle and I’ve found the whole seating and driver positioning to be great..
Exactly, each to their own. I agree, you need a foot rest........all I was saying is that the covering could have been conformal hence reducing the bump.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I've reached beautiful glacial Lake Bohinj, devoured a lovely grilled trout washed down with local craft beer but now I'm a bit bored - and clicked on this thread after several months away.
But it seems the same song is playing!

20230617_190116.jpg
20230617_130756.jpg

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I've just had a nice BBQ too. @Tazzieman have you driven it and did you find it a problem? My post was at attempt to say it was designed like this on purpose, but it could be eliminated if Ineos deemed there was a need.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I've just had a nice BBQ too. @Tazzieman have you driven it and did you find it a problem? My post was at attempt to say it was designed like this on purpose, but it could be eliminated if Ineos deemed there was a need.
Drove it, and not a problem in the least. If I had to endure the torture of a 10 hour drive I might decide to get out and stretch every now and again.
I'm sure IA will make a special needs version in the fullness of time 😊

Back
Top Bottom