The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Owl Outdoors Back Door Lever

ForceV4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:29 AM
Reaction score
Not too bad! @ColoradoMike - one upgrade at a time, right?!?! šŸ˜ And, for those safety conscious people on the forum, we DID go out and crash test it just to be sure it was completely safeā€¦ (picture). It passed! - Mark

Attachments

• IMG_5404.jpeg
    IMG_5404.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_5406.jpeg
    IMG_5406.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_5403.jpeg
    IMG_5403.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Michael_in_Baja

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:29 AM
Reaction score
Not too bad! @ColoradoMike - one upgrade at a time, right?!?! šŸ˜ And, for those safety conscious people on the forum, we DID go out and crash test it just to be sure it was completely safeā€¦ (picture). It passed! - Mark
Tell us about those mounting screws that match the handle, I don't see those listed on the owl outdoor website.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:29 AM
Reaction score
I think it's an upgrade, the plastic handle felt like it was going to break off, particularly the hood release.
18 months and 44000 km driving: none of the original handles broke until now. And yes I opened the hood, and very very often the back door.

Michael_in_Baja

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah - theyā€™re on the web site under ā€œInteriorā€ (I think) - fairly inconspicuous. Just type in ā€œscrewā€ under the search bar.
Fascinating. Thanks.

For those interested...

Last edited:

Michael_in_Baja

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
18 months and 44000 km driving: none of the original handles broke until now. And yes I opened the hood, and very very often the back door.
It must be nice to live in a first world country where one not needs to worry about fragile bits breaking. Where I live, things that break can be the end of you.

ForceV4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:29 AM
Reaction score

It's not an upgrade. It's just a lever. Works as well as the original. it is some fancy bling, though.
Just you wait until I snap in my new competition carbon fiber lightweight racing ā€œTootā€ button coming out in 2025ā€¦ I feel you burning with envy already..!

šŸ˜

Toot

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:29 AM
Reaction score
Just you wait until I snap in my new competition carbon fiber lightweight racing ā€œTootā€ button coming out in 2025ā€¦ I feel you burning with envy already..!

šŸ˜
I can testify that it lays down an additional 50hp to the wheels!

Last edited:

Karearea

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:29 PM
Reaction score
Damn I do love that look and especially for MM..
Even ordered it in red with the same red screw kit and the bonnet/hood item too but ā€œcheckoutā€ ruined my order by adding $100US šŸ˜³šŸ˜ž
Such a shame

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:29 PM
Reaction score
Even ordered it in red with the same red screw kit and the bonnet/hood item too but ā€œcheckoutā€ ruined my order by adding $100US šŸ˜³šŸ˜ž
Such a shame
Well you can get the coloured bolts in any colour, in titanium , at any bike shop.
That's a start šŸ˜€

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
The handles are spiffy but those red aluminium bolts will strip if you look at them wrong.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:29 PM
Reaction score
The handles are spiffy but those red aluminium bolts will strip if you look at them wrong.
Unless they are aircraft aluminium, thought aircraft steel bolts would be better.
Or local bicycle shop bolts šŸ˜‰

Back
Top Bottom