The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

On the Fence About Buying

Local time
2:30 AM
Reaction score
Well thank you everyone for your feedback. I’m now part of the club.

I was really close to getting another Toyota 4Runner/Fortuner. I did love my 2004 Toyota 4Runner. My mate bought an FJ the same day as me (we went to the dealership together which is romantic'/camaraderie but we told them to give us both a good deal or we’d go to the other 2-3 Toyota dealerships in the area).

Local time
Reaction score
a743291d-cbf2-4af2-b7fa-c0d57ec04dc7.jpeg

Local time
Reaction score
I was at the Els golf course and saw this. Yes it is shameful to compare a new model Defender to Grenadier. I couldn’t help but have a laugh.

My wagon supposedly cleared the port and customs today. Who knows in this country.

I’m going to take it completely unchanged as I have some family in for a visit and they want to go north to Ras Al-Khaimah then south to Abu Dhabi. The missus and I can bring all 5 of us around in this vehicle or would have to take 2 BMW saloons otherwise. The dealership said it would take 10 days to add on the dealer installed modifications. Maybe I want to show off my new box on wheels.

I’ll use the vehicle for 10 days stock. I’ll share pictures. Then drop it off for a while to add in the options.

Local time
Reaction score
I asked for loads of options. I thought I’d just go mental and get everything I ever wanted, ever. I went the full hog.

The only thing I paused on was the roof rack/bars and lights. I am used to 2 cross roof bars on my last Jeep, Ford and Toyota. I’m torn between the full roof rack or just the 2 cross bars and now see a 3/4 size / 1.9 metre roof rack will be available soon with roof lights.

Last edited:
Local time
9:30 PM
Reaction score
Id love advice on roof options with those with experience.
I’ve traveled with roof racks for 30 years. I honestly find them unnecessary, but, if I was to get one for this, it would be the factory unit. Make it big, and make it strong, if you’re gonna do it is my opinion. Otherwise is just a pretender piece of shit to look cool. Right now I’m using 4 factory cross bars. One on each pillar, b,c,d, and the 4the set up in front with lights, but removed when not in use. It also makes it easy to make a clean roof for long highway travel as I don’t need a hoist or friends to remove the other three. Less commitment and more modularity, and the white roof I paid for is sexy and can be seen. There’s always that.

Back
Top Bottom