The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

On the Fence About Buying

Local time
8:18 PM
Reaction score
There shouldnt be any software gripes on an MY24. (and I mean factory MY24, not what US dealers refer to MY24 which seems to straddle the MY23.5 and MY24 period). Maybe you should ask for the VIN to give you an idea of when it was built. The dealer may be tempting you with a MY23.5 which operates a different firmware to MY24. (another tell tale of real MY24s is the reverse camera fills the screen area and doesnt look like a pop up on top of the display).
Bingo! The car the dealer was trying to flog on me before I told him I had a 9 month buying window only filled less than half the screen.

ANNML

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:18 PM
Reaction score
I joined this forum to get the user experience as a result of an encounter with a current owner with nothing but smiles coming out of the dealership for a service. I’m just a sceptical person. Tell me the good, bad and ugly experiences.
DO IT NOW. Just by starting this thread, you know you already bought one. I know you already bought one.

I too am methodical and over-researchy and want to know everything I should. And then I might sit there in indecision and freeze up for way longer than necessary.

I finally went for it when I arrived at “is there really that much to lose if I just go for it?” - and the answer for me was no, not really. If you buy it and don’t like it (which won’t happen), you sell it. You will lose some money, yes, but that money over a lifetime is probably not a game changer. And if you keep the Grenadier (which you will) you will have it for many years, if not forever — so the price divided by all those years of loving it and enjoying it is not terribly expensive in the long run.

Get it done! As a former nurse, it will be good for your health — so think of it as a long term prescription. My Grenadier has been nothing but a total joy!

Mad Hatter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:18 PM
Reaction score
Buy one and drive it back overland, you’ll have a fantastic retirement adventure one the way and the you’ll probably keep that Grenny for the rest of your life because of the memories

Back
Top Bottom