The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New software is now out 11th Sept 2023 (SW0000000364001946)

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:55 AM
Reaction score
Yesterday I got the car and it had the new software.
Everything good, no error warnings, no display errors, nothing. The fuel gauge works as expected, battery level shown as 93%, all the info in the screens is consistent, CarPlay is faultless as far as I can judge.
My first drive was a joy and Climate control works well, it was a warm summer day. Hope everyone gets the new software soon and has as much fun as me.
Do you think the software update helped that climate control?

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:55 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone with the new software tested if the nato socket works now?
Thanks

Local time
10:55 PM
Reaction score
Very inappropriate and disappointing comment.

I am all for off color humor and think the world is way too politically correct but be ashamed of yourGive a thumbs down and be done
Very inappropriate and disappointing comment.

I am all for off color humor and think the world is way too politically correct but this goes way beyond.

You should be ashamed of yourself.it’s a joke, take it and move on

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long the agents are taking to do the software update? Just trying to figure out when I'll get a call from the agent.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long the agents are taking to do the software update? Just trying to figure out when I'll get a call from the agent.
I'm also wondering whether those currently in production have got the new software or are they going to be upgraded at PDI

Last edited:

Gwynne

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I'm also wondering whether those currently in produce have got the new software or are they going to be upgraded at PDI
My Grenadier commenced build 1st September and at the final factory check stage. I was told by Ineos that the software upgrade would be applied by the dealer at pdi

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:55 PM
Reaction score
My Grenadier commenced build 1st September and at the final factory check stage. I was told by Ineos that the software upgrade would be applied by the dealer at pdi
I imagine if they did it at the constantly moving build line that the 4 hour (so I read somewhere) update would cause a bout of constipation!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So it’s about 3 weeks build time. I asked that question elsewhere and that was the consensus. Now we know (ish).

TerryS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:55 AM
Reaction score
If someone is off put about humor then just move on and don’t react. It’s only a big deal if you make it a big deal. No disrespect to anyone or anything that was hurt but we have gotten so soft people cannot talk shit anymore???

I guess we all know where you stand on 9/11 terrorism....

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine is booked in next Thursday 28th. Agent wants it all day for the update. Should take half a day if it loads first time. I’m going from version 41 to 46. I’ll see if the warnings disappear.

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’d suggest calling your supplier and ask for availability of slots, otherwise you might be left to last (for not asking).

I did just that and am booked in for Tuesday 26th.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’d suggest calling your supplier and ask for availability of slots, otherwise you might be left to last (for not asking).

I did just that and am booked in for Tuesday 26th.
Thanks Gaston, already done that, but they said 10 days ago they were testing the software. I will call again tomorrow.

Local time
Reaction score
FWIW, ecm’s would be shipped in with the latest software.
Here’s why:
OEM’s don’t take title to the item until it is installed and tested.
Lowers their WIP investment.
As I study the IG plant more carefully, it is designed for all the different bits to arrive at specific doors very close to where they will be installed.
So, there are almost no parts sitting around.
Presuming typical German efficiency, the part lot is scanned as it hit’s the threshold, and goes right to GA.
Quality, inspection, validation, done before it crosses threshold.
This is a modern car being built in a modern factory using modern manufacturing techniques.
Doubt there’s a rubber mallet anywhere on site. Lol.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
FWIW, ecm’s would be shipped in with the latest software.
Here’s why:
OEM’s don’t take title to the item until it is installed and tested.
Lowers their WIP investment.
As I study the IG plant more carefully, it is designed for all the different bits to arrive at specific doors very close to where they will be installed.
So, there are almost no parts sitting around.
Presuming typical German efficiency, the part lot is scanned as it hit’s the threshold, and goes right to GA.
Quality, inspection, validation, done before it crosses threshold.
This is a modern car being built in a modern factory using modern manufacturing techniques.
Doubt there’s a rubber mallet anywhere on site. Lol.
The only trouble is the factory is in France 😳

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:55 AM
Reaction score
Heard today from the dealer, that SW Update is a Job for ~ 6h. At some cars they have big problems to install, and after installing some new gremlins arrived 🙈Especially at petrol version.
I will wait for the Update a few weeks, with the actual gremlins I can drive and survive.

nzmark

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:55 PM
Reaction score
Got the new software update yesterday but have only driven about 10km. That being said, seems like less bings & bongs so far.

It is saying "refuel soon" and the tank is at 38%, so a bit disappointed however it seems like they ran several litres (petrol) through yesterday and it's showing that everything was "reset" and it's "19.2l/100km" so I'll have to wait and see if it sorts itself out. At these figures, I still would have expected closer to 170km remaining, not "118km refuel soon" as it says in orange.

Back
Top Bottom