The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New software is now out 11th Sept 2023 (SW0000000364001946)

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:14 PM
Reaction score
Someone will point out that technically it's not an island. Whilst Greenland is an island but not a continent.

It's all a load of Incontinentia Buttocks if you ask me.
Actually I have it on good authority it is an island, a country and a continent. 😉

Perhaps it was Biggus Dickus?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:14 AM
Reaction score
island of Ireland

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
And this is all Jim's fault, but here we are anyway.
All over the world and everywhere in between.

Hicarus

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m hoping it is an easy one to find as I find it a bit annoying. It probably happens every 5th time the wheel passes 45 degrees either left or right of 12:00. It did not occur in the first 3000 miles, so something has changed.
I'm left wondering if the 'clunk' is the electric PAS unit. it'll clunk like that if it switches on&off rapidly. AndrewW's is the same, we've checked all that we can get at mechanically and found nowt. May be worth making agent aware at the software update.

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:14 AM
Reaction score
This question is particularly addressed to Steve.
I'm waiting for the upgrade but, since I live at three hours drive + 10 hours ferry cruising from any dealership, I hope that they Ineos will let me perform the upgrade without the hassle and cost of travel. On the other hand, we are talking about a software download/upload and we are in 2023... My question is, for those who have already upgraded, how was the upload done? From USB, or from what other access? It needs any workshop tool, and, if positive, which one?

Ineos4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:14 PM
Reaction score
Spoke to my dealer this week and he knows nothing about it, and considering I've got it going back on Monday to be assessed for excessive 'crunching' noise when shifting from 3rd to 4th then 5th would have been handy to get sorted

WPP

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the upgrade but, since I live at three hours drive + 10 hours ferry cruising from any dealership, I hope that they Ineos will let me perform the upgrade without the hassle and cost of travel. On the other hand, we are talking about a software download/upload and we are in 2023... My question is, for those who have already upgraded, how was the upload done? From USB, or from what other access? It needs any workshop tool, and, if positive, which one?
I wouldn't do it by myself. You need specific tools and soft/hardware to do so. My dealer updated the software and fried the electronic control module in the process. The car doesn't move, will stay a week waiting for the new module to arrive and then the update will be done again.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I believe the head unit update is a USB but the other part if it requires the full, dealership only, computer tool.

Local time
8:14 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone heard if the new update works? Seems quiet if it does. With all the issues that have been reported, you'd think people would be posting that it fixed their electrical issues. I'd assume that all vehicles sent to the states would already have it installed. Would be comforting knowing that it was addressed and fixed before chatting with the dealer.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No worries, once my vehicle is recalled and consequently returned, I will be the first to let you know. As yet, I've heard nothing, apart from enquiring last week, apart from they wanted to update their demo first.

Local time
8:14 PM
Reaction score
No worries, once my vehicle is recalled and consequently returned, I will be the first to let you know. As yet, I've heard nothing, apart from enquiring last week, apart from they wanted to update their demo first.
Is the build quality really that bad? I’ve been second guessing if I will purchase. Your thoughts?

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone heard if the new update works? Seems quiet if it does. With all the issues that have been reported, you'd think people would be posting that it fixed their electrical issues. I'd assume that all vehicles sent to the states would already have it installed. Would be comforting knowing that it was addressed and fixed before chatting with the dealer.
Those who have reported have said that it seems to have at least resolved the frequent spurious warning messages. Probably too early to understand more than that.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is the build quality really that bad? I’ve been second guessing if I will purchase. Your thoughts?
The fundamental build quality is excellent, structural, paint, welding etc. there have been some teething issues with software, peripheral stuff and assembly. Some of this is expected teething problems from a new model from a new manufacturer in essentially a new plant. Some if it happens from time to time with all manufacturing at any stage of maturity. Spend time on any forum for any make and you will find stuff like this. Some more than others even from mature brands.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Software is not really “build quality”. It’s a design issue. As far as I’m concerned Ineos’ build quality is outstanding and far far exceeds what you might expect from a first generation product.

Local time
Reaction score
Spoke to my dealer this week and he knows nothing about it, and considering I've got it going back on Monday to be assessed for excessive 'crunching' noise when shifting from 3rd to 4th then 5th would have been handy to get sorted
It has been released globally but not up to scratch in Aus yet.

I'd be interested to hear about this crunching noise though? mine is running like a dream

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It has been released globally but not up to scratch in Aus yet.

I'd be interested to hear about this crunching noise though? mine is running like a dream
I think I saw that the first Australian ones are now done. Could be wrong @Tazzieman did you say your software update was done?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I think I saw that the first Australian ones are now done. Could be wrong @Tazzieman did you say your software update was done?
I asked "has the software update been done?"after the week before being told IA weren't releasing new vehicles until it was...the answer was "yes", so I'm assuming that is correct.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday I got the car and it had the new software.
Everything good, no error warnings, no display errors, nothing. The fuel gauge works as expected, battery level shown as 93%, all the info in the screens is consistent, CarPlay is faultless as far as I can judge.
My first drive was a joy and Climate control works well, it was a warm summer day. Hope everyone gets the new software soon and has as much fun as me.

Back
Top Bottom