The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New software is now out 11th Sept 2023 (SW0000000364001946)

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:32 AM
Reaction score
No charge whatsoever!!
Hi Steve, are you aware if the current production run have updated 1946 software or will they still need an update after delivery. If so will the update be done at PDI stage before customer release? Thanks

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Please bear with your local Agent though as we will all have a lot of vehicles to work through.
What time has been allocated for the full task?

How many vehicles do you think you can get through in a day?

Are you prioritising the software update over other non-critical workload, i.e., a list of snagging items held over by owners will not get done in this visit, if other vehicles awaiting the software need the workshop resources first?

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The latest software is 1946, the old one is 1939. Would 1939-1945 have been a little too tongue in cheek? After are there is half a German flag and half a Union Jack stuck to the front wing 😂

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A/C now works fine, when checked it was only 50% full of gas, no leaks just nobody had checked it and filled it up.
Radio seems fine as does my iPhone 12, but I will experiment and report back.
Was your radio (DAB) fine before or like some of us absolutely useless?

Do you have a NATO socket/no winch - if so does that now work?

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:32 AM
Reaction score
I am reliably informed that the software has not beeen able to be loaded on Australian delivered cars for some reason. Hopefully sorted quickly as mine is booked to get the Redarc brake controller in a couple of weeks and hopefully can get software at the same time
Will you be getting the long promised Ineos redarc kit fitted?

Cheers Steve

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
What time has been allocated for the full task?

How many vehicles do you think you can get through in a day?

Are you prioritising the software update over other non-critical workload, i.e., a list of snagging items held over by owners will not get done in this visit, if other vehicles awaiting the software need the workshop resources first?
We are trying to limit the amount of visits our customers have to make to us, so we will be doing everything we can to make each vehicle that comes in, goes out complete i.e accessories fitted that where not on delivery, software update complete and any other niggles someone may have.

Update takes an hour or two right now.

Last edited:

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:32 AM
Reaction score
We are trying to limit the amount of visits our customers have to make to us, so we will be doing everything we can to make each vehicle that comes in, goes out complete i.e accessories fitted that where not on delivery, software update complete and any other niggles someone may have.
Thanks Steve - you have always been a voice of knowledge and integrity from our perspective - informing us of what’s going on in the Ineos world - where information from the horses (Ineos)mouth has been scant.

From your informed perspective - compared with what issues we can get carried away with on this forum, what are the main issues you are regularly hearing from your customers ( except the issues that the update will fix), and how has the rollout of the car gone compared with how you imagined it would of gone 12 months ago.
Thanks in advance.

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Steve - you have always been a voice of knowledge and integrity from our perspective - informing us of what’s going on in the Ineos world - where information from the horses (Ineos)mouth has been scant.

From your informed perspective - compared with what issues we can get carried away with on this forum, what are the main issues you are regularly hearing from your customers ( except the issues that the update will fix), and how has the rollout of the car gone compared with how you imagined it would of gone 12 months ago.
Thanks in advance.
Obviously everyone is aware of the issues that have come round, but the support from the guys and girls at INEOS has been fantastic. Morning, noon or night they'll answer the phone or email which is great, we have a much more personal relationship with everyone than I've experienced at other brands.

With regards to how it's gone, it's been challenging, but in a good way! I have personally learned so much about the product over these past so many months of delivering vehicles which can only help going forward, which will also help with every Agents knowledge of the car as they've all been there from the beginning.

INEOS are very open with us Agents as to what is going on behind the scenes and what they're doing to move the brand forward and help with current customers. You would not normally get this transparency from other brands which as cheesy as it sounds, makes you feel like you're part of a family who are all striving for the same thing. I try when I can to let you all know bits that won't land me in trouble but obviously the trust that is put on us Agents can't be broken and won't.

You can sometimes get paranoid with recalls and so forth but I tend not to worry about it so much as it's only highlighted because it's a new product and everyone is so enthusiastic about it. From experience, every manufacturer has recalls all the time, they're just not highlighted because these are established brands.

So in essence, yes I've been happy with the roll-out and I think we have an amazing product that will go from strength to strength over the coming years and I'm made up to have been here from the start.

On a side note, apologies for not being on here as much as I would like, but as I'm sure you can all imagine it's an extremely busy time right now.

Steve (y)

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:32 PM
Reaction score
Obviously everyone is aware of the issues that have come round, but the support from the guys and girls at INEOS has been fantastic. Morning, noon or night they'll answer the phone or email which is great, we have a much more personal relationship with everyone than I've experienced at other brands.

With regards to how it's gone, it's been challenging, but in a good way! I have personally learned so much about the product over these past so many months of delivering vehicles which can only help going forward, which will also help with every Agents knowledge of the car as they've all been there from the beginning.

INEOS are very open with us Agents as to what is going on behind the scenes and what they're doing to move the brand forward and help with current customers. You would not normally get this transparency from other brands which as cheesy as it sounds, makes you feel like you're part of a family who are all striving for the same thing. I try when I can to let you all know bits that won't land me in trouble but obviously the trust that is put on us Agents can't be broken and won't.

You can sometimes get paranoid with recalls and so forth but I tend not to worry about it so much as it's only highlighted because it's a new product and everyone is so enthusiastic about it. From experience, every manufacturer has recalls all the time, they're just not highlighted because these are established brands.

So in essence, yes I've been happy with the roll-out and I think we have an amazing product that will go from strength to strength over the coming years and I'm made up to have been here from the start.

On a side note, apologies for not being on here as much as I would like, but as I'm sure you can all imagine it's an extremely busy time right now.

Steve (y)
Hello Steve, excellent! Thank you! That coincides with my personal experience.
I also feel that they feel connected to Grenadier and want to help us customers.
Even if this is certainly not shared by everyone here. It’s a big difference whether you communicate by mail, or the people in front of you.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Was your radio (DAB) fine before or like some of us absolutely useless?

Do you have a NATO socket/no winch - if so does that now work?
It was poor before and it's still the same now, apple play keeps disconnecting my IP12. No front winch so do not know about the nato socket. I will test it at weekend.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No front winch so do not know about the nato socket. I will test it at weekend.
Just flicking the 500A switch should be enough to hear the Albright relay click/clack from the rear offside quarter panel. 👍

Local time
Reaction score
So Just having a chat with the Agent and they have the new software, they are loading it on there demo car right now and hope to start loading customers cars in the next day or 2, It apparently takes 1.5 hours to load, that seems crazy.
I picked my car up yesterday, new software was installed done 300miles all seems to be ok

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My agent is in Lincs and hasn't contacted me regarding the software update. I have also seen that there is a Quartermaster for viewing at my agents from another post on here (but as yet no notification from my agent). A little disappointing to be honest, but I guess there are a few of us waiting. Been away, so emailed them today and hope to hear soon..

Reactions: PBD

Khalfan323

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So no bings or bongs? At all? We need a detailed review from owners who’ve got the update!

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So no bings or bongs? At all? We need a detailed review from owners who’ve got the update!
I’m going to miss those bings and bongs, they sound. like characters in a kids show…

Edit they exsist as the main characters in Tiny Planet (never heard of them before - well done google)

IMG_1853.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: PBD

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not expecting to be charged for any of the upgrades - is your agent Compass Bridgewater like mine ?
I havent been given a date yet - but then they are waiting for other replacement parts such as door seals. I am expecting all warranty stuff to be done in one hit.
Yes, Compass Automotive.
My Grenadier came from Carlisle (pre owned, due to Ineos Customer Support cancelling my order, after signing contract; but that’s another story in itself!!). I registered my truck there as they were initially supposed to be my supplier.
Good bunch, from what I can tell.

Edit: I rang them to book my Grenadier in for its update. Initially I was offered this coming Monday, but that was overruled due to other Grenadier owners, who had their vehicles supplied by Compass, taking priority slots; fully understandable.
My Grenadier doesn’t seem to have any faults, apart from very rarely flashing the odd “power steering error” or “neutral selected error”.
When turning the ignition on, I allow all the warning lights to go out before starting the engine (something most motorcycle manuals recommend prior to start up).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom